User Tag List

Page 454 of 590 FirstFirst ... 354 404 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 504 554 ... LastLast
Results 7,702 to 7,718 of 10016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    How about C"L".............
    Was gonna include it too (and many more in a configurable manner)...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Decision on Chong Wei today
    By K.M. BOOPATHY

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...-today-1.67764

Excerpts:

THE BA of Malaysia (BAM) has given the greenlight for Lee Chong Wei to play in the Axiata Cup semi-finals but his coach Tey Seu Bock wants to make a decision after a training session today.

..."Off course, Chong Wei wants to contribute to Malaysia Tigers' victory. However, we have to ensure that he is fully recovered from the shoulder injury and is fit enough to play against Taufik Hidayat on Friday (tomorrow)," said Seu Bock.

"It is not an easy match and Chong Wei must be in a good condition. So far, his recovery has been very good and the feedback from Roesdi and the physiotherapist has been very positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Looks like LCW really wants to play in Axiata. A risky move Let the others step up la LCW. Sounded ridiculous when Hafiz said he was tired because he played as the 1st single on the tournament from the start. How is that different from playing in other tournaments (which are not team event format?) No wonder he couldnt last in tournaments that he entered. How do we expect Hafiz to win a title if he's too tired to last until final?

MAS Tigers...Might as well call them kucing...So 'spoiled' like my cat...
    At least this excuse is somewhat acceptable compared to the one he gave recently - "I lost because the court was changed from 1 to 2". At least something is improving

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LEE Chong Wei will not play in the first leg of the Axiata Cup semi-finals in Jakarta today but national singles coach Tey Seu Bock believes Malaysia Tigers can still overcome Indonesia Garuda with a strong performance in the return leg on Sunday.

1 / 1

The decision by Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC) to use yesterday's world ranking will also give Tigers some advantage as Liew Daren, ranked World No 30, will be the first singles ahead of Hafiz Hashim, ranked No 32, and Seu Bock said there is a chance to steal a point in Jakarta which will make a big difference in Kuala Lumpur.

Daren is set to play Taufik Hidayat in the first singles while Seu Bock said Hafiz, who has never beaten Taufik, will have a fighting chance against Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the second singles.

National doubles head coach Tan Kim Her has also rested Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and their replacements Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah have done well in team events and will have an outside chance against either Mohammad Ahsan-Bona Septano or Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan.

"Chong Wei will not play in the first leg but will most likely play in the second leg. If we can take a point, it will make a big difference in the second leg and the opportunity is there for us to upset Garuda," said Seu Bock.

"It will be tough in the first singles as Taufik is difficult to beat but Daren should try to drag the match into three games while Hafiz has an even chance to beat Sony.

"If Garuda win 2-1, the pressure will be on them. Chong Wei can be utilised for the return leg while Kien Keat-Boon Heong will also play and we have a chance of beating them.

"We must avoid losing 3-0 as that will give Garuda a big advantage but if any of our two singles or the doubles win, the semi-final is very much open."

Garuda may also decide to play Simon Santoso in the first singles and pit Taufik against Hafiz though it may not happen in Jakarta.

In the other semi-final, Indonesia Rajawali hold the advantage over Malaysia Leopards whose only concern will be to avoid a heavy defeat in both legs.

Misbun Ramdan Misbun has an outside chance against Tommy Sugiarto but Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin will find the going tough against Dionisius Hayom Rumbaka in the first leg in KL tomorrow.

Rajawali are also solid in the doubles where Alvent Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan and Angga Pratama-Rian Agung Saputra are stronger than Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming and Teo Ee Yi-Nelson Heg. By K.M. Boopathy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

include Lee Hyun-ill too in the "L-list".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Footwork_816 View Post
    this pic...just wants to make me cry
    Haha, i can understand and empathize with those feelings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Pros and Cons, haha

Quote Originally Posted by KariSeng View Post
    this is why hafiz is weak in his knees.
    Attachment 119107
    Attachment 119108
    Aah, yes. I understand his dilemma. Love the Chow Sing Chi cartoon as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW's 1st and only encounter with Xia Xuanze on court

I heard from my friends that many moons ago, LCW's first encounter with Xia Xuanze ended with a good whitewash of LCW trumping Xia with 15-8, 15-0 !! Is this true? Can anyone verify that? If this is so, no wonder LD does not give a hoot about Xia's opinions and instructions during his battles with LCW, haha. Kudos.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I heard from my friends that many moons ago, LCW's first encounter with Xia Xuanze ended with a good whitewash of LCW trumping Xia with 15-8, 15-0 !! Is this true? Can anyone verify that? If this is so, no wonder LD does not give a hoot about Xia's opinions and instructions during his battles with LCW, haha. Kudos.
    Not exactly how history has recorded it, sadly!!
    Last edited by cobalt; 03-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    15-0 ???

That must be when LCW was about to come in, and XXZ was about to leave.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    So the 2006 Swiss Open recorded a grave error right? No wonder the confusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    15-0 ???

That must be when LCW was about to come in, and XXZ was about to leave.
    Haha, which is exactly why I am still verifying the info. Anyway I think Xia retired way too early. The badminton world still needs to see his flair (his kind of flair). Right now everyone foresees an irreplaceable void when the 2kings retire because not only their skills is tremendous, but also delightful to watch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An indifferent spectator takes a break from her studies to watch the All-England Badminton Finals and becomes an overnight fan of Datuk Lee Chong Wei and a truly proud Malaysian.
    AS I write this, Malaysians (at least here in the United Kingdom where I am studying) are still reeling from the explosive All-England badminton finals at the NIA, Birmingham, between Malaysian Datuk Lee Chong Wei and Chinas Lin Dan.
    The writer regards Datuk Lee Chong Wei as a symbol of national pride.
    When a friend invited me for the event earlier this month, I agreed not because I was a badminton fan, but because my friends were going, and this was considered a major sporting event.
    While I may be sometimes disenchanted about the system and certain things in Malaysia, and may not come across as overly Malaysian, I feel a strong sense of camaraderie with fellow Malaysians overseas. I love Malaysian food, and I get excited when Malaysia is mentioned in the news.
    I was genuinely proud when our very own Malaysian badminton champ Datuk Lee Chong Wei reached the finals, although the information I had was not from my interest in the sport, but from my Facebook updates.
    My friends and I arrived in Birmingham from Manchester, and made our way to the stadium.The town was almost empty, it being a Sunday morning.
    Few people actually made it on time for the opening ceremony but soon after, Malaysians turned up in Harimau Malaya jerseys, and orange Team Malaysia T-shirts, which I soon discovered were being sold by some men at the back of the venue for 10 (RM49) each.
    Malaysians werent particularly hyped up about the Womens Singles or Womens Doubles. They were good matches, but it was China vs China and while Chinese fans were pretty vocal about their support, we Malaysians just watched them battle it out.
    Then came Indonesia vs Denmark in the Mixed Doubles finals. Malaysians vocally supported Indonesia, and as Indonesia became the champions, we were pretty hyped about it.
    Somehow, I had the feeling that was nothing compared to what was coming.
    Next was South Korea vs. China in the Mens Doubles and Malaysians were firmly supporting Korea. The Koreans showed remarkable spirit and determination against some phenomenal opponents.
    Supporters around me (I assume they were Malaysians) were shouting random Korean phrases (Not being a K-pop fan, I can only guess what they meant) and also Korean brand names such as Samsung andHyundai which I thought was hilarious.
    Then when the Koreans won and came up to the rostrum during the prize-giving ceremony, a guy shouted out Makan kimchi! which was met with uproarious laughter from the crowd.
    By this time, the Malaysian supporters really put their act together as tambourines and Kompangs were pulled out of bags, and even before the Koreans had completed their customary lap of honour as champions, chants of Lee Chong Wei were reverberating throughout the stadium.
    This was probably the first time the Chinese fans had been out voiced that day. Watching replays, TV cameras had only focused on the Chinese fans, but we figured that was probably because they were seated in the front rows.
    Most of the Malaysians, on the other hand, were right at the back. But that didnt stop us from giving them a good thrashing when it came to the chanting and the cheering.
    The anticipation of Chong Weis emergence from the entrance was met with even louder chants of Malaysia Boleh! and Go, go, Chong Wei go!
    And as he walked out onto the arena, the crowd went absolutely ballistic.
    A rumour had apparently spread that Chong Wei had an injury, and we as Malaysian supporters had to do our best to keep him going.
    The Kompangs were banging madly, and the atmosphere in the stands with the out-of-tune versions of Ole, Ole, Ole! was electrifying.
    Those of you who were watching the finals on TV at home may have thought it sounded bad but it was even worse being in the middle of it.
    As the game progressed, the Malaysian spirit never dampened. Occasionally, the Chinese fans got shouts of Lin Dan, jia you! (Lin Dan, put up a good fight!), and at one point, they were singing a song.
    But the Malaysians were having none of it, and within moments, we came back louder. There are absolutely no words that can describe the feeling of that moment. Malaysians, uniting together, to support one man, and one country.
    Even when Chong Wei was trailing behind Lin Dan, we never gave up on him.
    The credit definitely goes to whoever was sounding the kompangs for having thought up a ridiculous but imaginative range of chants and rhythms. The atmosphere was simply hypnotic!
    Not once was the crowd dejected, or down-hearted. We were behind Chong Wei, shouting and screaming all the way. It was obvious enough that even the organisers had noticed our show of solidarity. IWhile Chong Wei was receiving treatment for a shoulder injury, we were still as enthusiastic.
    When he eventually conceded, we Malaysians were on our feet, proud at what he had achieved. Even as he sat on the bench, we were at full volume, chanting his name.
    As one news article put it, the support was nothing short of incredible. Lin Dan had won the game, but Chong Wei had won our hearts.
    For me personally, this was a life-changing experience. A genuine, sweltering pride in being a Malaysian. After all, thats what Malaysia stands for. People of different backgrounds, different colours, different beliefs, all standing together for the pride of the nation.
    Chong Wei, wherever you are, youre more than a sportsman. Youre a symbol of national pride and unity. We wish you a speedy recovery. And we look forward to supporting you once again at the Olympics.
    Lee Chong Wei. One man, igniting Malaysian patriotism one smash at a time. Were proud of you!
    OONG ZHU CHUEN is an undergraduate at the Manchester Medical School.
    source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/25/education/10924185&sec=education

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Attachment 119118Seems like LD legs still going strong.. Or maybe LD drinks Ginseng & some CBA secret formula each morning
    Do not compare hafizz with Super Dan, the ultimate badminton champion.The only reason why he did not retire after demolition job on latok lee was bcos of his patriotisme and love for badminton. Super Dan has upgraded badminton to a few levels higher.Remember last time his net play always lose to Taufik? But now, nobody can match is powers in the front court.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Noisy supportive cheering crowd for LCW

That's a great article from a Malaysian and LCW's fan.

My experience was at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. Malaysian fans were cheering for LCW as loud as they could whenever LCW played.

A Malaysian friend of mine was matching back and forth between the courts and the spectators' seats waving a Malaysian flag (like the flag on a pole at the opening ceremony) leading the loud and supportive cheering for LCW.

Many local Australians were quite surprised that such a noisy and supportive cheering crowd could take place at a Badminton match.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See what his former coach got to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee

Name:  1204091038001c5cadd0ab62a4.jpg
Views: 329