User Tag List

Page 458 of 592 FirstFirst ... 358 408 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 7,770 to 7,786 of 10063
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hmm,razif is not in bam and not incharge of lcw
    or u mean the mister yawning rashid?
    Haha, yawning rashid.. certainly unlike the perpetual serious coach Misbun with his pen ever ready in hand. However I think Rashid sees and lectures on the psyche level rather than technical. He focuses on attitude and mentality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chong Wei under fire by Zolkples for being absent from award ceremony

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/under-fire-for-no-show-1.75532

T
    his shows that giving face to Zolkples is of utmost importance to him. He has no qualms about destroying your spirit and determination if you piss him off, even though it's your olympic aspiration. He will say instantly what's on his mind and blurt it out to the media without thinking of the consequences whatsover.

LCW, being world no. 1 is certainly no less than something of a media magnet in the world of badminton. Saying and blurting such things to the media, does has its implication to both LCW and how professional Zolkples is in handling situations that does not give him face.

Being a patriotic and consistent world no.1 is no easy task and no easy pie to swallow when you are being blasted by your own country's sports council.

Saying LCW is $$$ minded should not be blurted out to the media like this. Even if it IS true (which i doubt so), a man of such high ranking should not say such things to a countryman shouldering the country's hope of London Olympic's gold medal.

I am sure this will dent LCW's pride, if not a pin prick to his heart.

But then again, maybe this is Zolkples way of saying 'don't mess with me'.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Haha, yawning rashid.. certainly unlike the perpetual serious coach Misbun with his pen ever ready in hand. However I think Rashid sees and lectures on the psyche level rather than technical. He focuses on attitude and mentality.
    u sure he did any of what u say/think?
    what result he produced as the chief coach of project (from 2005-)2012 team?
    that's how malaysia government bodies work,failure in everywhere and yet they can escape from punishment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sure he did any of what u say/think?
    what result he produced as the chief coach of project (from 2005-)2012 team?
    that's how malaysia government bodies work,failure in everywhere and yet they can escape from punishment
    Well i am just differentiating on coaches different approach, not their achievements limsy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i am just differentiating on coaches different approach, not their achievements limsy.
    hmm,i can see how misbun success as a coach
    lcw,hafiz,wch,roslin
    but rashid?
    unless u say yawning everytime on the side of the court is one of the approach,then i agree.lol

my point is,how sure are u that he did what u said?how sure?100%sure he used the approach u stated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Datuk Z is a joke... I posted an article earlier on how he said that he saw Hafiz play terribly to lose in the All-England qualifying rounds on television. ​This shows that he is a big fat liar as well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm,i can see how misbun success as a coach
    lcw,hafiz,wch,roslin
    but rashid?
    unless u say yawning everytime on the side of the court is one of the approach,then i agree.lol

my point is,how sure are u that he did what u said?how sure?100%sure he used the approach u stated?
    Once again, i repeat myself, I am not advocating that Rashid's approach are successful. Every person has a different approach to his coaching job. Whether or not successful, now that's another ballgame.

In fact, i had very early on (in other older threads) stated that Rashid's contribution seemed somewhat very minimal sitting on that chair for every tournament.

In the thomas cup and axiata cup, rashid lambasted players for not being committed enough or giving up too easily and no team spirit being present to support each other. That is why I made that comment.

And again, whether or not he makes any contribution positively is not on my table of discussion right now. Besides, I am mostly of the opinion that he IS not.

But I am not senile yet. I still remember the outrageous show he put up to beat Ardy Wiranata in the Thomas Cup during his heydays. And I salute his fighting spirit.

And he also beat Zhao Jianhua at the Thomas Cup before. He showed grit and determination. For the record, Misbun never did beat Zhao before. (and yes I know that does not translate to Rashid being a better coach than his brother, ok?)

Which is why I say his approach to coaching has something to do with himself as a player too. I am not praising him too in his coaching abilities now. But i am allowed to have my insights, don't you think?

So, stop grilling me.
    Last edited by Pakito; 04-19-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Aren't you being a little unfair to the guy?
    Hahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Datuk Z is a joke... I posted an article earlier on how he said that he saw Hafiz play terribly to lose in the All-England qualifying rounds on television. ​This shows that he is a big fat liar as well!
    Yup, I'm sure everybody knows he's a joke. A big puppet as well. Maybe he got a special channel that directly transmits hafiz's qualifying match directly to his handphone or house tv.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China got great wall, malaysia got batu caves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing george. Is this taken with your camera or someone else's?

I recently bought a Nikon D5100. Lense 18-55mm. Wonder if it's enough to catch some nice picture sitting at the coming Thomas cup?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taken from someone else's. Sorry, can't help you much on the camera thingy, not pro enough. Perhaps you can ask around badminton photograph section of the forum. But I'm sure you can spot cuties very clearly and snap their photos very clearly with your DSLR..So u're going to Wuhan?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Taken from someone else's. Sorry, can't help you much on the camera thingy, not pro enough. Perhaps you can ask around badminton photograph section of the forum. But I'm sure you can spot cuties very clearly and snap their photos very clearly with your DSLR..So u're going to Wuhan?
    If nothing unexpected comes up that prevents me from going, yeah.

I notice all the journalist carry the longest lens possible at the tournaments, so i doubt my camera will be powerful or efficient enough from the stands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakito, that photo appeared in Sin Chew. So, I suppose sin chew photographer took it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing george. Is this taken with your camera or someone else's?

I recently bought a Nikon D5100. Lense 18-55mm. Wonder if it's enough to catch some nice picture sitting at the coming Thomas cup?
    Lense 18-55 is an all around lens, unless you are quite close to the court, it is quite hard to catch quite a close up picture with those lens.
    Yeah Journalists carry longest lens possible, usually people call it Tele lens to catch a close up photo..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, well, well.. what can i say. what a drama

Lee apologises for absence and Zolkples says sorry for outburst

KUALA LUMPUR: There is no room for petty distractions just months ahead of the London Olympic Games.
    With that in mind, National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong and world No. 1 shuttler Lee Chong Wei buried the hatchet to get their focus back on the Games, after a 40-minute heart-to-heart chat in Bukit Jalil yesterday.
    On Tuesday, a potential disaster brewed when Zolkples took a swipe at Chong Wei for not attending the awards ceremony to receive his third Sportsman of the Year award during the NSC’s glamorous annual ceremony.
    Chong Wei had sent a text a day before (on Monday evening) to Zolkples stating that he would be missing the event because of fever but it was misconstrued as disrespect on Chong Wei’s part.
    Goodwill mission: Zolkples Embong (left) and Lee Chong Wei shake hands after their heart-to-heart talk yesterday. — Bernama
    Yesterday, Zolkples admitted that it was all a big misunderstanding.
    “I thank him for taking the initiative to meet me today and apologise for his absence at the awards night. Chong Wei and I have a father and son relationship. I thought that I had spoiled it for good after my outburst on Tuesday,” said Zolkples in a joint press conference.
    “It was a big event and I did not take time to understand his situation. I did not get a complete picture through his text message. It is a miscommunication. He did not tell me the reason (the extent of his illness) and I jumped to conclusions when I was cornered by the media over his absence.
    “Today (yesterday), he explained to me in depth about his absence. He had fever but
    he still had to train on Tuesday (in the
    morning and afternoon) but that was just to sweat it out. His fever got worse in the evening.”
    In one of his comments, Zolkples had teasingly said that Chong Wei would have showed up if the cash incentive for the award had been RM200,000 instead of RM20,000 – giving the impression that Chong Wei preferred a more high-profile event
    “I also extend my apology if my words had hurt him. This incident will only serve to strengthen our relationship. I do not want to delve into this petty matter anymore. It is in the past now.
    “I would rather focus on Chong Wei’s preparation for the Olympics. We will work together to make it a success.”
    Zolkples said that an arrangement was also being made for Chong Wei to seek an audience with the Agong (Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah) to extend his apology for missing the award ceremony.
    “This will take place after the India Open (April 24-29) and Malaysian Open (May 1-6) and we hope that this meeting will clear the air.”
    An apologetic 29-year-old Chong Wei pleaded for support from all quarters in his preparations for the London Games.
    “I met Datuk Zolkples today to say sorry for my absence on Tuesday. I was really sick. The ‘colour’ had drained from my face and I was feeling down and did not want to be at the function looking like that,” said Chong Wei.
    “I know some saw me training on the same day but I had to do it. The fever got worse later.
    “I am relieved that I have explained everything ... now, I can focus on the Games.
    “This is my last Olympic Games and I need all the support I can get. The pressure is mounting. I hope the media will be supportive too.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...138&sec=sports

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Isn't Zolkples the dame dude who questioned and rubbished Rexy's training methods for KKK/TBH and made a big production about it last year?