User Tag List

Page 46 of 603 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 96 146 546 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    here is a photo of a crowd scene of people ( est. 1/2 million) waiting at the Guangzhou Train Station in 2008 chinese new year due to a snowstorm. I think chinese people there is taking extra preparation for this coming CNY.

i think that photo is for Jay Chou outdoor concert....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first u blame the whole china team and now u change your focus on one player.

1. jxp isn't his coach beside, l'm still waiting for your proof.

2. You have alot to learn boy. Allegiance and loyalty is far more admirable quality than just nationality. Maybe why canada doesn't have a problem like your (if u still dont know what i mean, go read some of pemuda's posts, it's a good intro for you.) Since no disciplinary action taken by BWF or china, nor the incident occurred on your soil and nor involved any of your nationals, why are u as a malaysian so eager to seek your kind of justice on this matter? Are u related to Li Mao?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=103
    3. the last title won by lcw was SG open ~june 15, that was 6 months ago. Are u joking? u don't know who won MS titles since June 15?? Let me list them for u... SK won 3(IO,JO,CM), PG won two (FO, DO), LD won two (TO, CO), even Chen Jin, Tedjono and Nguyen Tien Minh had won 1 each too. That is more than 1 i hope

1) i didnt blame one player, btw i didnt mentioned any names..pls read properly
    2) the so called player wanna "whack" who i don't care, really...
    3) but profesionalism and nobility is being claimed by you, not the China team, i didnt blame them...so you are bringing disgrace to what you said...
    4) i don't care about Li Mao as well, but when a guy acted wrongly, he is wrong, even PSH like to play football with shuttlecock also wrong...
    5) claim whatever u like, LCW still world no. 1 even 6 months without titles.. cry as you want...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    3) but profesionalism and nobility is being claimed by you, not the China team, i didnt blame them...so you are bringing disgrace to what you said...
    4) i don't care about Li Mao as well, but when a guy acted wrongly, he is wrong, even PSH like to play football with shuttlecock also wrong...
    5) claim whatever u like, LCW still world no. 1 even 6 months without titles.. cry as you want...
    i love the 5th statement..
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But speculaition is futile... I've read numerous posts claiming Taufik is no.1 even though he slipped in the rankings, arguing that he was just out of form or unmotivated every time he lost..

Head to head does not always give a full picture..

Lee Chong Wei is currently ranked no.1 in the world, and over the years Super Series, he has earned more points and won the final.

I don't see any point in arguing, how LD would perform if he didn't WO:ed.. We all know he has had back problem, and we can only speculate how he would perform if he played as many tournaments as LCW..

We could clearly see how the small break LCW did by skipping one tournament improved his speed.. So comapring apples and oranges are useleless..

so in my book, All things combined, sportsmanship, consistancy, strenght and agility.. Lee Chong Wei is world no.1. The way he crushed Taufik and Gade can not be denied. In my mind LD would have a tough time beating LCW on home soil in the SS finals...but it
    is pure speculation... The only thing that is not specualation is:

a) LD won the Olympics in big style!
    b) LCW has been more consistent and played more tournaments during the year, earning him the number one spot on the world rankings.
    c) LCW is no.1 ranked and winner of the 2008 super-series, which is probably more telling about player strenght/consitancy than one single tournament, however big (like the olympics!!) (Remember LDs OG performance 2004... one should not draw to big gears on one single tournament result imop)..

That said LD is my absolute favourite player, playstyle-wise when he plays his best game. I think LCWs style is a little bit to defensive/counter-defence at many occasions for my preference. But given all things combined, style, agility, speed, character and humbleness I think LCW is the no.1 player in the world in my book!!

LCW really deserves Datuk!!

/Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 12-23-2008 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still waiting cooler's statement on the 5th.......

Doesnt matter if DLCW didnot win any title, as long as he can still in the No. 1 place.

Doesnt matter if LD didnot ranked No.1, as long as ppl knows that he is the best player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

Doesnt matter if DLCW didnot win any title, as long as he can still in the No. 1 place.

Doesnt matter if LD didnot ranked No.1, as long as ppl knows that he is the best player in the world.

don't worry...i welcome his reply...
    last 2 statement, i fully agreed with you
    you get my points...many kisses to you Dato.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    i love the 5th statement..
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

i have no problem of lcw being #1 since i know it was gained by LD taking some time off after the OG. WooHoo. LD doesn't have to prove he's no. 1 anymore, he hold the pole position for 2+ years straight already. He had won all the important titles that other MS players only dream about. If LCW fans want to compare lcw to LD, let see if LCW can hold the pole position for 2+ years, after that, we can talk about it again. Right now, LD tournament focus will be different than before the OG. For the next 3.5 years, china team focus will be the groomng the new MS for 2012, and yes, LCW (and PG, TH) will play an essential part of helping them to prepare for the 2012 OG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no problem of lcw being #1 since i know it was gained by LD taking some time off after the OG. WooHoo. LD doesn't have to prove he's no. 1 anymore, he hold the pole position for 2+ years straight already. He had won all the important titles that other MS players only dream about. If LCW fans want to compare lcw to LD, let see if LCW can hold the pole position for 2+ years, after that, we can talk about it again. Right now, LD tournament focus will be different than before the OG. For the next 3.5 years, china team focus will be the groomng the new MS for 2012, and yes, LCW (and PG, TH) will play an essential part of helping them to prepare for the 2012 OG.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Yeah! China is really good in producing players from their military styled camp. I dont think democracy countries can follow their iron clad styles. Is a success that the china people has to earn through sacrificing their freedom.

China deserve their spot as No.1 in the world...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Yeah! China is really good in producing players from their military styled camp. I dont think democracy countries can follow their iron clad styles. Is a success that the china people has to earn through sacrificing their freedom.

China deserve their spot as No.1 in the world...
    Exactly. I am sure communism is the ONLY reason for their success. I wonder why the other countries even try.

Hint: North Korea anybody? And I think you should make a trip to any of China's modern cities some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    But speculaition is futile... I've read numerous posts claiming Taufik is no.1 even though he slipped in the rankings, arguing that he was just out of form or unmotivated every time he lost..

Lee Chong Wei is currently ranked no.1 in the world, and over the years Super Series, he has earned more points and won the final.

I don't see any point in arguing, how LD would perform if he didn't WO:ed.. We all know he has had back problem, and we can only speculate how he would perform if he played as many tournaments as LCW..

We could clearly see how the small break LCW did by skipping one tournament improved his speed.. So comapring apples and oranges are useleless..

so in my book, All things combined, sportsmanship, consistancy, strenght and agility.. Lee Chong Wei is world no.1. The way he crushed Taufik and Gade can not be denied. In my mind LD would have a tough time beating LCW on home soil in the SS finals...but it

b) LCW has been more consistent and played more tournaments during the year, earning him the number one spot on the world rankings.
    c) LCW is no.1 ranked and winner of the 2008 super-series, which is probably more telling about player strenght/consitancy than one single tournament, however big (like the olympics!!) (Remember LDs OG performance 2004... one should not draw to big gears on one single tournament result imop)..

That said LD is my absolute favourite player, playstyle-wise when he plays his best game. I think LCWs style is a little bit to defensive/counter-defence at many occasions for my preference. But given all things combined, style, agility, speed, character and humbleness I think LCW is the no.1 player in the world in my book!!

/Twobeer
    Well said, Twobeer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    Well said, Twobeer!
    Do you agreed on ''LCW really deserves Datuk?''

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow This thread was created by tbleong for fans of Lee Chong Wei

Hahaha. Sometimes we tend to forget to read the title of our thread before we post.

The title of this thread is "Lee Chong Wei fan here!".
    And tbleong started this thread for our LCW fans.

But it seems that non-LCW fans have infiltrated into this thread.
    In Australia, we can be very direct and say things like; "Please Go Away !!!".

Perhaps, LCW's fans are more diplomatic and/or they do not wish to be rude.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-23-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

/Twobeer
    If you mean 'consistency' in losing at the end, I'm all agreement.

His top rank has resulted from his participation in most of the top tourneys.
    But the Super Series Finals victory is his only gold lining in a long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    If you mean 'consistency' in losing at the end, I'm all agreement.
    Consistency in advancing so far so the loss comes at a late stage

It is known that he has been struggling with the mental aspect.. but at least to me it is clear those times he is on top of his game that he can beat ANY other player in the world (even LD :-) )

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Consistency in advancing so far so the loss comes at a late stage

It is known that he has been struggling with the mental aspect.. but at least to me it is clear those times he is on top of his game that he can beat ANY other player in the world (even LD :-) )

/Twobeer
    That sounds exactly like what every (informed) commentator repeats about Taufik Hidayat

But, sadly, "those times" are more the exception than the rule for Lee Chong Wei when it's a major final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    That sounds exactly like what every (informed) commentator repeats about Taufik Hidayat

But, sadly, "those times" are more the exception than the rule for Lee Chong Wei when it's a major final.
    naah, beating LD in Thomas Cup was quite big, 2008 he has won Malaysia Open, Singapore Open and the Super Series Masters Finals.

Excluding OG, LD has 2008 only won China Open Super Series and Swiss open ?!? (on top of my head, maybe I have missed some tournament win??)

So apart from OG it his hard to argue LDs "supremacy" 2008.. :-)

LD on the other hand has failed to deliver lots of times this year.. just recently against CJ. He failed in all-england, korea open, Hong Kong open etc..(also quite big tournaments )..

/Twobeer