User Tag List

Page 471 of 668 FirstFirst ... 371 421 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 521 571 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,007 of 11350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW tragic remain me how his happen to one of his potential china sprinter for 110m event in Beijing,
    Also i suggest dato to change his old shoe model to a more stable shoe like the one wore by taufik !!
    The Yellow shoes model already consider as mid end range models...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 122539

Speedy recovery mate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    LCW did the MRI already. It's not as serious as initially thought.

http://www.ttymq.com/viewnews-22631.html
    Wasnt that the one done in China? I'm interested to know abt the one they did in Msia, the sports science experts may have different view

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    LCW tragic remain me how his happen to one of his potential china sprinter for 110m event in Beijing,
    Also i suggest dato to change his old shoe model to a more stable shoe like the one wore by taufik !!
    The Yellow shoes model already consider as mid end range models...
    Taufik wears an inferior model (still using the SHB85), it's only dampened less so it's flatter. The SHB92 are a super model, but the 102 offer more side stability and are a bit flatter as well...
    Anyway, a speedy recovery to LCW! If he isn't at 100%, the Olympic Games MS competition will be boring!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries Dato. Consider yourself lucky as the injury happened in China. Just a block away from the hotel Dato can find unlimited supply of foot massage therapists!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Get well soon LCW!!

I love how so many other forum members have all come out and shared their experiences with previous ankle injuries. It's somewhat comforting in a way. We all feel that "hey, if the great LCW also can have this kind of injury, then my badminton playing career is somewhat justified cause I also had a similar injury to LCW".

An ankle inversion mechanism to a lateral ankle injury is very common in badminton. However, the severity of injury can range from just a small bruise to partial tear to some of the ligaments to a complete disruption of the 3 of 4 ligaments there. Sometimes, it may even lead to an avulsion of the bone that the ligament is attached to. Hence, no actual ligament tear, but bone pulled off. I dunno who would get which of these injuries cause I ain't no orthopaedic or sports medicine doctor.
    We don't know how severe LCW's injury really is. I think it would be very difficult for any person on the forum here to really know unless they know the exact findings on the MRI scans and amount of injury.

Even then, we don't know how LCW's recovery rate may be, and how effective the medical teams at NSC/BAM really are. I'm sounding quite critical here, but if the medical and physiotherapists are anything like the admin and coaches at BAM, then we all better hope that LCW's injury is not a serious one to begin with. It will be a question of how much rest he needs, what other fitness regimes or training he should do during that time, and how much to push him when he does resume training. A lot of factors in play here. High stakes because the OG2012 is not far away.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

Lin Dan wants Malaysian ace at the Olympic Games
    REPORTS by RAJES PAUL

THOMAS CUP FINALS
    Wuhan, China (May 20-27)

FOUR-time world champion Lin Dan of China wants Lee Chong Wei challenging for gold at the London Olympics.

Sympathising with the Malaysian world No. 1’s plight, Lin Dan said injury was the worst enemy for players their age. Both Lin Dan and Chong Wei are 29 and at the peak of their game.

Chong Wei flew home yesterday after injuring his ankle during a match against Peter-Gade Christensen of Denmark in a group tie of the Thomas Cup Finals on Tuesday.

First point: China’s Lin Dan celebrate s after defeating Malaysia’s Liew Daren 17-21, 21-9, 21-5 in the opening matc h of the Thomas Cup quarter-final s at the Wuhan Sports Centre Wednesday. China won 3-0.

“It’s a pity that Chong Wei is injured. He’s my best friend and I hope he will recover quickly in time for the Games,” said Lin Dan, who had beaten Chong Wei in the final of the Beijing Olympics four years ago.

Asked whether he considered the path to Olympic gold had been made easier by Chong Wei’s injury, Lin Dan said that winning was not everything.

“This is my third Olympics and that in itself is an excellent record,” he said.

Yesterday, in the absence of Chong Wei, Lin Dan played Liew Daren in the first singles of the quarter-final tie between China and Malaysia.

He dropped one game before bulldozing past the younger Malaysian 17-21, 21-9, 21-5 in 55 minutes.

Lin Dan gave credit to Daren for stealing one game.

“I had to deal with a variety of problems in the first game and was frustrated when I couldn’t adjust. Daren did well to take advantage,” said Lin Dan.

“I managed to find my rhythm in the second and third games. But I must say that Daren has shown potential and can be the next star for Malaysia. Chong Wei will not be around for long and it looks like Malaysia can now rely on Daren to take over.”

In italic : When did Chong Wei became his best friend?

Last edited by nokh88; 05-23-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee's recovery a concern

TODAY

by Dan Guen Chin
    04:45 AM May 24, 2012

SINGAPORE - A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan in Wuhan yesterday revealed that Malaysian badminton ace Lee Chong Wei has suffered a torn ankle tendon which requires at least four weeks to heal.

World No 1 Lee pulled up in his Thomas Cup group match on Tuesday against Peter Gade of Denmark. He is seen as Malaysia's best Olympic gold medal hope, and there are questions as to whether the 29-year-old can recover in time for the London Games, now just two months away.

According to former Badminton Association of Malaysia sports psychologist Frederick Tan, Lee has the mental fortitude to deal with the injury, although the time needed for recovery remains a concern.

"I worked with Chong Wei for two years and he is one tough guy mentally," Tan told Today in a telephone interview from Kuching.

"I believe Chong Wei will not suffer any psychological effect from the injury. What concerns me the most is how long it will take for him to recover fully. I was watching on television, and the way he fell, clutching his ankle, meant it was quite serious.

"Right now Chong Wei needs to seek the best medical treatment possible and then allow nature to take its course," added Tan, who together with coach Misbun Sidek, oversaw Lee's meteoric rise as a singles player. "If I were him, I won't even bother to think about anything else. Not even the Olympics."

Lee returned to Kuala Lumpur late yesterday to seek treatment at the Malaysian National Sports Institute's medical unit, under the care of Dr Ramlan Aziz.

"We need to know the extent of the injury and what needs to be done. All I can pray for is that he doesn't require surgery," said Zolkples Embong, director-general of Malaysia's National Sports Council. DAN GUEN CHIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, if you are Lin Dan how would you feel?

For me? I will be laughing my way to Olympic gold. Of course feeling sad from the outside. Awww...
    (I would also be more cautious with injuries).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    LCW did the MRI already. It's not as serious as initially thought.

http://www.ttymq.com/viewnews-22631.html
    Just as i thought... it is not as serious as we or LCW thought.. At that time LCW might be too emotional thinking about TC & OG altogether, become panic all of sudden...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KariSeng View Post
    At least now he got finally excuse not to win gold medal.LOLWill miss the thrashing super Dan will give him.
    You are sick! Absolutely sick!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thursday May 24, 2012

Chong Wei’s injury is not that serious, says Dr Ramlan

THOMAS CUP FINALS
    Wuhan, China (May 20-27)
    SEPANG: National Sports Institute (NSI) chief executive officer Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz believes world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s ankle injury may not be as serious as it seems.
    He, however, admitted that they will have to conduct further scans to be sure.
    Chong Wei injured his ankle on Tuesday four minutes into his Thomas Cup tie against Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen, forcing him to withdraw from the tournament.
    It still hurts: Lee Chong Wei at KLIA on his return from Wuhan Wednesday. — M. Azhar Arif/The Star.
    “I’ve received the MRI scan which Chong Wei did in China and it will take a day or two to study it before we know how severe his injury is,” said Dr Ramlan.
    “We’ll also need to do further scans to get a clearer picture of the injury and give him the proper treatment.
    “Hopefully, there will be no need for surgery.
    “All I can say now is that it’s correct that he’ll probably need to rest for three to four weeks.”
    Chong Wei arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 6.45pm yesterday and struggled to hold back his emotions once again as he fielded questions by the media.
    Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek said Chong Wei will need a miracle to recover from his injury and be fit in time for the London Olympics in July.
    “We’re all very sad that Chong Wei has suffered an injury that will hamper his Olympic preparation,” said Shabery.
    “We don’t know how long he’ll need to recover and it’ll probably be a miracle if he does make it in time.
    “He’ll have the best treatment possible and, most importantly, there is no pressure on him to recover fast.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...532&sec=sports
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-23-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chong Wei vows to fight on

LEE Chong Wei broke down in tears again yesterday as he weighed his chances of playing in the Olympics but at the same time vowed to battle against the injury to fulfil his quest to compete in London in July.

Chong Wei couldn't hold back his tears when BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh offered words of encouragement just before the injured player left Wuhan for Kuala Lumpur.
    Chong Wei, upon arrival in KL, will seek a second opinion from the National Sports Institute (NSI) on his injury, which was diagnosed by doctors in Wuhan as a torn tendon in his right ankle. Tears continued to flow despite trying to compose himself and with his voice shaking, Chong Wei expressed his frustration at not being able to help Malaysia in the Thomas Cup. But his real concern was the Olympics.
    "Feels very painful ... very sad I cannot help my team. I hope they can do their best," stuttered Chong Wei as his voice kept breaking yesterday.
    "I have suffered the injury. I must be mentally stronger now to come back for the Olympics.
    "I don't know how serious this injury is but I will keep on fighting."
    Chong Wei's foot was completely bandaged and he had also taken painkillers as he prepared to board the plane.
    The World No 1 also gave his account of Tuesday's incident which has put his Olympic dream in jeopardy.
    "I didn't give up the fight (against Christensen) when I landed awkwardly. But it became very painful," said Chong Wei.
    "I called for the doctor who saw the swell in my ankle and I noticed it when I got up. I tried to continue (playing) ... but couldn't."
    Chong Wei was forced to concede a walkover and Malaysia subsequently lost 3-2 to Denmark in the Group C match.
    Roesdi Ghani, the player's physical trainer, accompanied Chong Wei back to KL but his coach Tey Seu Bock stayed back to be with the rest of the squad. Seu Bock is keeping his fingers crossed that Chong Wei will be able to recover in time for the Olympics but he is concerned the player will have a phobia when he returns.
    "As I see it, it may take three to four weeks if the injury is not serious. I hope he can recover fast and be able to compete in the Olympics," said Seu Bock.
    "But this is his second injury in such a short period and any player will have a phobia when he returns to training and tournaments. This is why Chong Wei needs all the encouragement and support in this difficult period." Nadzmi remained optimistic that Chong Wei, as a top class athlete, would recover and make a comeback to compete in London.
    "An Olympic gold medal is the highest for any and every athlete. For Chong Wei, he knows he has to finish at the highest level and this will push him," said Nadzmi.
    "As I spoke about the Olympics, he started crying but that is understandable. He also expressed his determination to make a comeback and that is very important in this period."
    NSI chief executive officer Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz, who was at KLIA when Chong Wei arrived, said the shuttler will undergo a more thorough scan over the next few days.
    "We need to assess and determine what treatment is needed. At this point, I would agree with the doctors in China who said the injury will take about four weeks to heal.
    "What is crucial is that Chong Wei doesn't require surgery," said Dr Ramlan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In everyones mind, I am sure when you see LCW, you see injuries everywhere. It's like waiting for the next thing to happen. Correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KariSeng View Post
    At least now he got finally excuse not to win gold medal.LOLWill miss the thrashing super Dan will give him.
    Hey, don't play here lah. Go back to ur planet.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next thing on LCW mind is takut takut... jatuh jatuh... maybe maybe terbalik.