User Tag List

Page 477 of 611 FirstFirst ... 377 427 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 527 577 ... LastLast
Results 8,093 to 8,109 of 10383
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Don't you all think it's very important to keep the same weight
    throughout his injury recuperation period un
    Muscle deteriorated in just two weeks?
    If he's staying in bed and starving, maybe.
    Consistent body weight for lcw or any of the top player are very important.
    Not like punching keyboard with 5 to 10 kilo extra also can punch
    Dunno, Datuk looks more or less same size to me, before and after injury 2 weeks ago. Maybe they very observant, me not LCW fan, so wouldnt notice

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Its Realism(or Pragmatism) vs Idealism.

The pragmatist says Lee CW should just retire or forgo the Olympics and/or aim for the 2013 World Championship instead.

The idealist says don't give up,muster your willpower and mental strength,overcome all obstacles and go for it.

Whether it's more of one or the other,the right balance provided one knows what that is, is ultimately up to Lee. He knows best his own conditions and what he really wants. The doctor will tell him when he has fully recovered and can start training. Only he and his coach know from the badminton aspect how far he can go,what condition he is in,whether his form and mental state can handle his rivals in the Olympics.

I feel his final decision should not be made based on what the politicians expect and the Malaysian public are clamouring for. Only after close consultation with his coaches,sport psychologist,family and confidant and weighing everything that he makes his final decision. For all that he has given to Malaysian badminton,isn't he entitled to make the most important decision of his life that is best for himself ?

In trying to please others and not doing what he really wants,he may end up a most unhappy man, beaten and spirit broken - that's the last thing we want to see him become for one of the greatest the sport has ever seen. Whatever the outcome, I wish him happiness and fulfillment.
    I'd be very surprised if LCW doesn't strain every sinew to represent Malaysia at the OG. What else could define the spirit of endeavour? The only thing that will stop him is his physical condition, and even if he is 60% fit I'm sure he will get off that bed and take to flight to London.

He won't be doing it for the politicians, or for the BAM totem-pole. He won't be doing it because there's no one else to do it. He won't be doing it because of contractual obligations or sponsorship considerations.

He will be doing it because in the core of his self, of what defines Chong Wei, he cannot walk away from it. Call it what you want: pride; integrity; stupidity; responsibility... Chong Wei is not an intellectual; he is a simple man, and he only understands that this is what he was born to do. If he does not do his part to make himself available, how will his destiny find him?

In the most profound way, Chong Wei is truly, beautifully selfish. And that is a good thing.

If right now, Chong Wei needs to learn anything from him nemesis Lin Dan, it is this: that like all great sportspersons, he has the ability to make the shift in consciousness, to actually create the reality he desires. LD has done it often enough. Now is the moment in time for LCW to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I'd be very surprised if LCW doesn't strain every sinew to represent Malaysia at the OG. What else could define the spirit of endeavour? The only thing that will stop him is his physical condition, and even if he is 60% fit I'm sure he will get off that bed and take to flight to London.

He won't be doing it for the politicians, or for the BAM totem-pole. He won't be doing it because there's no one else to do it. He won't be doing it because of contractual obligations or sponsorship considerations.

He will be doing it because in the core of his self, of what defines Chong Wei, he cannot walk away from it. Call it what you want: pride; integrity; stupidity; responsibility... Chong Wei is not an intellectual; he is a simple man, and he only understands that this is what he was born to do. If he does not do his part to make himself available, how will his destiny find him?

In the most profound way, Chong Wei is truly, beautifully selfish. And that is a good thing.

If right now, Chong Wei needs to learn anything from him nemesis Lin Dan, it is this: that like all great sportspersons, he has the ability to make the shift in consciousness, to actually create the reality he desires. LD has done it often enough. Now is the moment in time for LCW to do it.
    Agreed. For an athlete Olympics is like a holy grail. I honestly believe LCW would rather go down fighting than regretting the rest of his life on what could have been.

Personally, I think it is going to be very tough but whatever happens I will always be his fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will this work? (joke or no joke?)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Time for bc people to give him suggestions on how to recover. Am sure there's gonna be lots of funny thingy.. a good laugh tho.. Camon camon...
    ..i heard magical effects from people who've used this..??..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atleast right now, if LCW concede a walkover in the quarter/semis or even in the final of the OG , he will have a very good reason that he is injured and the fans will forgive him for not winning this time.

Previously he always struggle to give a excuse for not winning major tournaments in OG'08, AG'10, WC'06, WC'07, WC'09, WC'10, WC'11 to his fans. If he pull out during the final like in AE'12 this time, nobody will criticize him atleast as they know that his injury has been plaguing him since last year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, Fans reaction will come second for LCW. What he really concerns of is his ability & possibility to achieve his Self Fulfilling Prophecy..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really feel for Lee CW,it pains me that this has to happen towards the end of his career. I had hoped that he wins one really big one and this OG is his best chance though Lin Dan is still around and Chen Long is another serious threat because in the Olympics anything can happen.

To me,this ankle injury is not his greatest misfortune,it is being born in the same era as Lin Dan and both rising at about the same time. Taufik is luckier,though in the same era,he rises earlier before Lin Dan and got to win a few major titles including the Athens gold. Otherwise,Heaven knows how many top-notch victories he might have garnered and today we may be arguing "Who's greater, Lin Dan or Lee CW?" Ahh,but that's not of his own making,what's the use of lamenting?

Coming back to the topic, not knowing Lee personally but enough for me to say, even if he has to crawl,he will go - sorry,I get carried away. He lives and breathes badminton. As cobalt said,as long as he's 60% fit,we'll see him in London. After all,what's he got to lose, and not expected to win, a bronze is a huge bonus,anything more, Malaysia and his fans all over the world will be jumping for joy.

Whatever it is,I hope he sticks around for another year or two,such a great talent. Ultimately,the decision is his,it's his wellbeing and happiness that matters most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I really feel for Lee CW,it pains me that this has to happen towards the end of his career. I had hoped that he wins one really big one and this OG is his best chance though Lin Dan is still around and Chen Long is another serious threat because in the Olympics anything can happen.

To me,this ankle injury is not his greatest misfortune,it is being born in the same era as Lin Dan and both rising at about the same time. Taufik is luckier,though in the same era,he rises earlier before Lin Dan and got to win a few major titles including the Athens gold. Otherwise,Heaven knows how many top-notch victories he might have garnered and today we may be arguing "Who's greater, Lin Dan or Lee CW?" Ahh,but that's not of his own making,what's the use of lamenting?

Coming back to the topic, not knowing Lee personally but enough for me to say, even if he has to crawl,he will go - sorry,I get carried away. He lives and breathes badminton. As cobalt said,as long as he's 60% fit,we'll see him in London. After all,what's he got to lose, and not expected to win, a bronze is a huge bonus,anything more, Malaysia and his fans all over the world will be jumping for joy.

Whatever it is,I hope he sticks around for another year or two,such a great talent. Ultimately,the decision is his,it's his wellbeing and happiness that matters most.
    He said he will stick around to try for 2013 WC. I hope he does not change his mind. Without him it is almost certain all the MS SS finals will feature China vs China matches.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree with Justin L... I am sure that his ankle will recover by then, however his stamina, power, quickness may have been depleted since several weeks without training..Anyhow, we just hope miracle will happen at London OG 2012. 2013WC is another challenging task since it is held at CBA home soil...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more importantly is his mental state and confidence level. Fear of reinjuring the ankle if he went all out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry folks, lcw has more time for his mental preparation.

Looking at recent and up to date video of potential threat

would be a good thing to do

in spite of his short and lighter training sessions.

Who knows, he may be stronger this time

as the mind can work/prepare more than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope lcw more carefull on his fancy footwork after this.. will lcw change to new model shoes for his debut after injury?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I do agree with Justin L... I am sure that his ankle will recover by then, however his stamina, power, quickness may have been depleted since several weeks without training..Anyhow, we just hope miracle will happen at London OG 2012. 2013WC is another challenging task since it is held at CBA home soil...
    Yes. Agreed. It is important for Malaysia to believe that miracles do happen. All of Malaysia should join in creating the positive force for LCW instead of some taking a resigned (even defeatist) attitude.

Even though I am not Malaysian, I will say it here: I want LCW to recover fully and be stronger and more prepared than ever. I want LCW to feel the strength of intent of all those who love and respect him, and what he has given to us. I want that these thoughts are amplified a million times and that he can feed off the energy of everyone who wants him in the OG finals. Because that is what he deserves. All these injuries are just stumbling blocks and examinations along to way to fulfillment, for LCW as well as his fans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Yes. Agreed. It is important for Malaysia to believe that miracles do happen. All of Malaysia should join in creating the positive force for LCW instead of some taking a resigned (even defeatist) attitude.

Even though I am not Malaysian, I will say it here: I want LCW to recover fully and be stronger and more prepared than ever. I want LCW to feel the strength of intent of all those who love and respect him, and what he has given to us. I want that these thoughts are amplified a million times and that he can feed off the energy of everyone who wants him in the OG finals. Because that is what he deserves. All these injuries are just stumbling blocks and examinations along to way to fulfillment, for LCW as well as his fans.
    Your speech...err, post above would endear you to millions of Malaysians' heart, if every Malaysian baddy fan or LCW's fans will to reward you with a stick of satay and a coconut/teh tarik, you will be well fed for the rest of the year
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-04-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Your speech...err, post above would endear you to millions of Malaysians' heart, if every Malaysian baddy fan or LCW's fans will to reward you with a stick of satay and a coconut/teh tarik, you will be well fed for the rest of the year
    given an estimate of 30 sticks/meal consumption (he needs to stay fit), and that cobalt eats 3 meals of satay every day, are you implying that there are merely 22,050 badminton fans in Malaysia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is doing fine. He should be able to play, but very unlikely he will be able to perform at 100% of his
    best. He will still do his upmost best.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    given an estimate of 30 sticks/meal consumption (he needs to stay fit), and that cobalt eats 3 meals of satay every day, are you implying that there are merely 22,050 badminton fans in Malaysia?
    90 sticks a day!! That'll feed my entire family! Thanks, Einstein!

...but I did mention "a million times" implying at least a million fans... (*thinks hard*) ...so that should take care of my food for the rest of my life!!