User Tag List

Page 48 of 590 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 98 148 548 ... LastLast
Results 800 to 816 of 10018
  1. #800
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,675
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Should we ignore the BWF ranking system?

    .
    cooler ... It pains me to hear you saying so often that LCW should not be No.1.
    Are you saying that we, at Badminton Central, should not pay any attention to the BWF ranking system?

    The BWF ranking system says that LCW is No.1.

    We know that you are a die-hard fan of LD. But you have to accept our system of ranking. If LD is not interested to be World No.1, then what can we do?

    If you want LD to be No.1, you have to tell LD to compete/fight for it.
    Talk and perception is not the correct way to challenge against our accepted system.
    .

  2. #801
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i guess u haven't read my previous postings.
    it is not no respect, just statistical fact.
    After the OG, LD took some time off.
    OK, let see who have won titles between OG til now:
    simon santoso, TH, PG twice, SDK twice, CJ, Tedjono, and LCW from SS Master. There were no clear 2nd best. Yes, lcw is ranked #1 but shouldn't he had won more?? Even PG, a player that lcw quashed in the SS Master, PG had won twice after the OG to end of 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    cooler ... It pains me to hear you saying so often that LCW should not be No.1.
    Are you saying that we, at Badminton Central, should not pay any attention to the BWF ranking system?

    The BWF ranking system says that LCW is No.1.

    We know that you are a die-hard fan of LD. But you have to accept our system of ranking. If LD is not interested to be World No.1, then what can we do?

    If you want LD to be No.1, you have to tell LD to compete/fight for it.
    Talk and perception is not the correct way to challenge against our accepted system.
    .
    please don't misquote me. I believe badminton followers here know each pro player capability. BWF ranking gained from expiry points lost from other players is pure academic. Do u know that KDM is the best MD player in canada now and yet he's not even ranked in our national list lol
    Last edited by cooler; 12-23-2008 at 11:08 PM.

  3. #802
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After Lee chong wei win super series master title.. i admit he deserve WR#1..
    but why did he win title without Lin dan participation??
    Gong Xi, Lee Chong Wei...

  4. #803
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutawin View Post
    After Lee chong wei win super series master title.. i admit he deserve WR#1..
    but why did he win title without Lin dan participation??
    Gong Xi, Lee Chong Wei...
    Because LYB knew LD likely to lose to LCW because of the round robin format so no show.LD needs a sizeable advance party or big CHN crowd to back him up before he plays LCW or he will lose.(SC07, JO07,TO08) In the SSF format, he will have only CJ for company with no CHN crowd;that's not enough reinforcements.LYB made the right decision not to send CHN to SSF cos CHN's likely to lose.

  5. #804
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Because LYB knew LD likely to lose to LCW because of the round robin format so no show.LD needs a sizeable advance party or big CHN crowd to back him up before he plays LCW or he will lose.(SC07, JO07,TO08) In the SSF format, he will have only CJ for company with no CHN crowd;that's not enough reinforcements.LYB made the right decision not to send CHN to SSF cos CHN's likely to lose.
    yes...lyb is smart...know where they can win...where they can lose..and not like lcw...participate so many tourney after og......relax...i teasing others..

  6. #805
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    ROFL, don't u know SG has compulsory military trainingLOL
    SG may earned the highest grade 4 and 8 academic test scores but are they good in applying their knowledge
    Haha... tell me about it. I'm still serving and am getting no badminton training.

    No comments about how score achievements translates to real life application. I have seen some really good examples and really bad ones.

  7. #806
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that LD won't actually come to Malaysia for MO or other tournaments except for those big big title... I guess this is because of the MO 2006 after he lost to LCW althought its on the match point... I think his attitude after losing that match being critisiced by lots people that's why he seldom come to Malaysia... LD seldom go to Malaysia, Indonesia and korea... I'm sure he don't like this three places..LYB is clever to choose tournaments for LD that he only participate on those tournaments that is held in China or places that he has got lots crowd supporting him... I don't think LD don't want the World No1... maybe he just wanna retained his status by participating on those tournament that he is confident to win... By that way, he's still Super Dan for everyone... as he didn't lost in matches he participate...

  8. #807
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michidan View Post
    I think that LD won't actually come to Malaysia for MO or other tournaments except for those big big title... I guess this is because of the MO 2006 after he lost to LCW althought its on the match point... I think his attitude after losing that match being critisiced by lots people that's why he seldom come to Malaysia... LD seldom go to Malaysia, Indonesia and korea... I'm sure he don't like this three places..LYB is clever to choose tournaments for LD that he only participate on those tournaments that is held in China or places that he has got lots crowd supporting him... I don't think LD don't want the World No1... maybe he just wanna retained his status by participating on those tournament that he is confident to win... By that way, he's still Super Dan for everyone... as he didn't lost in matches he participate...
    hehe...he also dislike singapore...he DIDNT WIn sgo title before(i think...08 lcw,07 bp,06 pg,05 th)(CORRECT ME if i am wrong...cooler)
    WHERE he even lost to boonsak 07 in sgo quater..THE GREATEST victory for bp...

    this hinted why he want to go to everytime......to beat bp...

  9. #808
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    guys, pls dont be out of the topic
    there's a thread about lin dan out there..
    search around

  10. #809
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Because LYB knew LD likely to lose to LCW because of the round robin format so no show.LD needs a sizeable advance party or big CHN crowd to back him up before he plays LCW or he will lose.(SC07, JO07,TO08) In the SSF format, he will have only CJ for company with no CHN crowd;that's not enough reinforcements.LYB made the right decision not to send CHN to SSF cos CHN's likely to lose.
    What about the MO 2009 -- why is LD not going ? Same reasons you think ?

    Or maybe they figure, LCW is invincible at home (you know the kampong hero stuff).

  11. #810
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    cooler ... It pains me to hear you saying so often that LCW should not be No.1.
    Are you saying that we, at Badminton Central, should not pay any attention to the BWF ranking system?

    The BWF ranking system says that LCW is No.1.

    We know that you are a die-hard fan of LD. But you have to accept our system of ranking. If LD is not interested to be World No.1, then what can we do?

    If you want LD to be No.1, you have to tell LD to compete/fight for it.
    Talk and perception is not the correct way to challenge against our accepted system.
    .
    I guess LD is either not interested in the ranking or is taking a good rest as the man have already won everything there is to win in badminton. Olympic gold, done. WC, done ... twice too. AE, done ... 3 times, AG gold, done that too plus a host of other SS titles and etc.

    The man is already up there with all the other badminton legends.

  12. #811
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michidan View Post
    I think that LD won't actually come to Malaysia for MO or other tournaments except for those big big title... I guess this is because of the MO 2006 after he lost to LCW althought its on the match point... I think his attitude after losing that match being critisiced by lots people that's why he seldom come to Malaysia... LD seldom go to Malaysia, Indonesia and korea... I'm sure he don't like this three places..LYB is clever to choose tournaments for LD that he only participate on those tournaments that is held in China or places that he has got lots crowd supporting him... I don't think LD don't want the World No1... maybe he just wanna retained his status by participating on those tournament that he is confident to win... By that way, he's still Super Dan for everyone... as he didn't lost in matches he participate...
    Simply because LD afraid to meet DLCW because he knows DLCW is Jaguh Kampung.

  13. #812
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Simply because LD afraid to meet DLCW because he knows DLCW is Jaguh Kampung.
    Daaaaaatuk Lee Chong Wei!

    Steeeeadynya!

  14. #813
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Because LYB knew LD likely to lose to LCW because of the round robin format so no show.LD needs a sizeable advance party or big CHN crowd to back him up before he plays LCW or he will lose.(SC07, JO07,TO08) In the SSF format, he will have only CJ for company with no CHN crowd;that's not enough reinforcements.LYB made the right decision not to send CHN to SSF cos CHN's likely to lose.
    Errr ... LD won his 2nd WC in KL in 2007 in LCW's backyard.

    Buuut .. but I guess it wasnt fair then back in 07' as YKH was giving LCW a headache.

  15. #814
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pemuda...LD has not win the AG gold but I would not bet LD would not get it in 2010, I bet he will get it esp it is held in China.

    To all Boleh fans: All these talks of LD avoiding LCW in SSF, MO and KO, hymm...LD had beaten LCW and TH and PSH pretty badly the last few tourneys....LCW used to extend LD to 3-set, won some and lost more but if LD meet LCW after KO, all these talks may fire up LD to dish out a good spanking to our Datuk, that sure would not do too well for Datuk's pride and self-esteem...so hold back a little on verbally saying LD is scared of LCW, it could come back and bit ya big-time in the butt

  16. #815
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    correct me if im wrong...i think LD won gold in the team event at the 06 AG

  17. #816
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Pemuda...LD has not win the AG gold but I would not bet LD would not get it in 2010, I bet he will get it esp it is held in China.

    To all Boleh fans: All these talks of LD avoiding LCW in SSF, MO and KO, hymm...LD had beaten LCW and TH and PSH pretty badly the last few tourneys....LCW used to extend LD to 3-set, won some and lost more but if LD meet LCW after KO, all these talks may fire up LD to dish out a good spanking to our Datuk, that sure would not do too well for Datuk's pride and self-esteem...so hold back a little on verbally saying LD is scared of LCW, it could come back and bit ya big-time in the butt
    LD got the AG gold in the team event. Can la.

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 815
    : 06-30-2014, 11:50 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •