User Tag List

Page 492 of 590 FirstFirst ... 392 442 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 542 ... LastLast
Results 8,348 to 8,364 of 10018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It doesn't appear that Dan Guen Chin has any confidence in LCW.

Maybe because this Dan preferred the other Dan since both have a similar character in their names. The difference is this Dan do all the talking outside of the court.

Back to the Olympics, the medal contenders for the MS are very much about the same. Favorites being favorites, dark horses remains as dark horses and the rest unmentioned.

The only changes this time around is LCW might not be on the podium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha if LD has a killer pre-match stare..what do we call LCW's super aggressive game stare?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Maybe because this Dan preferred the other Dan since both have a similar character in their names. The difference is this Dan do all the talking outside of the court.

Back to the Olympics, the medal contenders for the MS are very much about the same. Favorites being favorites, dark horses remains as dark horses and the rest unmentioned.

The only changes this time around is LCW might not be on the podium.
    Have read this thread?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...l-winning-odds

Soon, I will be placing a dollar or 2 on some players offered by BET365.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gold medal will earn $600K in gold..(related to earlier post)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226424058334

AFP
    July 12, 2012 6:20AM

ANY Malaysian who wins a badminton gold medal at the London Olympics will also receive a gold bar worth more than $600,000.

Andrew Kam, the owner of a gold mine and the Kuala Lumpur Racket Club, has made the offer only to badminton players as he loves the sport.

Malaysia has yet to win a gold medal since it began competing in Olympics in 1956, and its only four medals have all come from badminton: Two silvers and two bronzes.

In challenging Malaysia's six-strong badminton team with the offer of a 12.5 kilogram gold bar worth 2 million ringgit ($613,000), Mr Kam said, "I can produce gold, I believe they too can produce gold."

He said the bar will be shared equally if the badminton players win more than one gold medal.

Malaysia's best prospect, Beijing Games silver medallist Lee Chong Wei, said he's held gold bars in his hand before.

"I hope the second time I hold it, it will be mine," Chong Wei quipped.

Any Malaysian gold medallist in London stands to be well rewarded financially, as the national sports scheme and a furniture company are each offering 1 million ringgit to gold-medal winners.

Olympic Council of Malaysia secretary Sieh Kok Chi didn't believe the private financial incentives added any more pressure on the Malaysian team.

"Most of them are seasoned campaigners," he said. "I believe they will not compete for money but they will do it for the pride of the country. Money is not everything."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To a professional baddy player, money is not everything, it is the only thing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granum View Post
    Haha if LD has a killer pre-match stare..what do we call LCW's super aggressive game stare?
    Well, LCW should be glad Fred is no longer his sports psychologist. LD has a killer stare? LD always has that gaze, it s dangerous to have an adviser who misreads and thinks his former charge has not made progress with his guidance. Fear of ankle injury again? LCW has options. The worst that can happen is if he gets injured again, his gold is gone for good and he just retires for good or gets sidelined for another six months. On the other hand, if he really wants the gold, he has to believe that his ankle is BETTER than before because of the magic of advanced medical treatment. And that perhaps because of being out of tournaments, his mind and body are getting the deserved rest so he will return to battle hungry for the ultimate prize. And he does not have to play his A game to win. He just has to focus on deactivating his opponents A game and not allowing them to play their A game. That way, if his opponents have been rote training for his A game, it would be out of syllabus and they would mentally collapse from confusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't worry, LCW supporters, just in case LCW fails again & wins the Silver medal, it will be about the same as winning the Gold medal..

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/olympi...111600613.html
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-21-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let the battle begins.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    To a professional baddy player, money is not everything, it is the only thing
    Uncle, in case you forgot, for LCW, money is not everything, esp after that case where his dad supposedly wanted to jump off Penang bridge. And he & WMC's relationship, they broke up after he got the 2008 silver, not before. Choo2 doesnt seem to be the type of gal who wants fame & fortune, they were dating when LCW was a skinny unknown youngster. The shot to stardom was rumored to be part of the reason for tbe break-up .
    Why they patch up, dunno lah. After so many years together, perhaps found that no other can understand each other as well
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 07-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Uncle, in case you forgot, for LCW, money is not everything, esp after that case where his dad supposedly wanted to jump off Penang bridge. And he & WMC's relationship, they broke up after he got the 2008 silver, not before. Choo2 doesnt seem to be the type of gal who wants fame & fortune, they were dating when LCW was a skinny unknown youngster. The shot to stardom was rumored to be part of the reason for tbe break-up .
    Why they patch up, dunno lah. After so many years together, perhaps found that no other can understand each other as well
    I dunno, these are pro players playing badminton as a profession, not recreational sport, there is so much time to make it before they overstay the welcome mat, some have long career, so short and got booted out, as Lombardi of USA Football fame said.....that is the only thing. What happened to his dad is unfortunate and sure we do not wish on anyone but separate the 2, winning translate to money, fame, pride to MAS, and so on...As for Miss Wong and Dato, I am too old and tired to understand, I leave that to you...hahaha!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    let the battle begins.
    Monday, we know the draw....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    And that perhaps because of being out of tournaments, his mind and body are getting the deserved rest so he will return to battle hungry for the ultimate prize. And he does not have to play his A game to win. He just has to focus on deactivating his opponents A game and not allowing them to play their A game. That way, if his opponents have been rote training for his A game, it would be out of syllabus and they would mentally collapse from confusion.
    I have posted before that some players are best suited when pressure is high and some are not, e.g. LCW. I remembered in 2006 when LM left and LCW was in most people mind was out of form and 'should' retired, he played in SO and won and started his comeback. I have said LCW played too much, that to get the rest and now, not expected to win OLY or even make the final or SF, that plays to his advantage. I pick LD to win but LCW is dangerous this time, and if LCW wins, I am not surprised. That is why I let the 2 BCers in another post pick 2 players except LCW to win OLY. Still, the draw, come Monday, Monday, put CJ in LD half and that would be perfect or am I asking too much?
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 07-21-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW's humble school, SJKC Berapit

Name:  Photo0030.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  43.1 KBName:  Photo0029.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  66.2 KBName:  Photo0031.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  66.1 KBName:  Photo0032.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  47.0 KB

Intrigue to have a look see at the school where LCW used to train during his schooldays, I decided to catch to few snaps for you guys during a trip up north to Bukit Mertajam recently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up LCW's humble school, SJKC Berapit

Thanks to Pakito for the photos; But found no Badminton courts ???

Looking at the photos, we should expect some Table-Tennis champions coming from SJKC Berapit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW said he used to play basketball before switching to badminton. See the basketball court?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have read this thread?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...l-winning-odds

Soon, I will be placing a dollar or 2 on some players offered by BET365.

Come Monday, you should be able to place your bets as the official draw would be out. I suggest look to OTB instead of BET365 as he offer better odds (you can choose 2 players instead of 1 as per bet)!! Pay out is not guaranteed though.

Thanks to Pakito for the photos; But found no Badminton courts ???

Looking at the photos, we should expect some Table-Tennis champions coming from SJKC Berapit.

The last picture is actually the entrance to the badminton courts according to the signage. It might be closed at that point of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a great opportunity today to see the MAS team training at the Sports Academy at Bath University and to meet some of the officials.

Name:  2012 MAS team 205.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  50.4 KB
    LCW having a breather

Name:  2012 MAS team 203.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  52.9 KB
    Ankle looks pretty promising

Name:  2012 MAS team 198.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  43.4 KB
    LCW checking out the MDs training

Name:  Photo0310.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  58.8 KB
    Very graceful of him to take time out to pose with Malaysian student suppporters from Manchester

Name:  2012 MAS team 222.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  47.2 KB
    Officials: James Selvaraj, Ng Chin Chai, Wong Ah Jit