User Tag List

Page 493 of 589 FirstFirst ... 393 443 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 543 ... LastLast
Results 8,365 to 8,381 of 10013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many distractions again. A joke to bring everyone there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Too many distractions again. A joke to bring everyone there.
    Got money, why worry. MAS can, SGP cannot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeoldeman View Post
    Had a great opportunity today to see the MAS team training at the Sports Academy at Bath University and to meet some of the officials.

Attachment 126907
    not using Z-force ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, double posting.
    Last edited by Loh; 07-21-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Got money, why worry. MAS can, SGP cannot.
    Why must SGP be brought into the picture?

I hope you are not another trouble-maker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where it All Began

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Thanks to Pakito for the photos; But found no Badminton courts ???

Looking at the photos, we should expect some Table-Tennis champions coming from SJKC Berapit.
    Ur welcomed. The badminton hall was closed at the time. I even had the opportunity to speak to the headmaster! He said LCW did train at Bukit Berapit but he studied at Jit Sin, another school. It was because his first mentor cum sifu was having the daily trainings of badminton babies at Berapit.

One thing that one notices at this Kampung Berapit is that it has a certain idyllic feel to it, the sort that one feels that a student has nothing better to do after school hours but spend time on sports, be it basketball or badminton. Yes, this was the basketball court where LCW's dad forbade him to play anymore because he was becoming an Indian boy due to all the time spent playing in the scorching hot sun! Even now that Berapit town has grown so much, it still has that 'idyllic' feel to it. So don't ask me why there hasn't been anymore LCWs springing out from this town anymore cause I don't know!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Lee's Beijing experience vital in mental war with Lin

by Dan Guen Chin
    04:46 AM Jul 19, 2012

SINGAPORE - One of the most enduring images of the 2008 Beijing Olympics was Malaysian badminton star Lee Chong Wei looking crushed after his lopsided loss to China's Lin Dan in the men's singles final.

Lee entered the final carrying his country's hopes of a first Olympic gold in badminton.

But he was a bundle of nerves before the clash. He slept poorly the night before, and had even lost his appetite. He eventually was beaten 21-12, 21-8 by Lin, and ended up making a tearful public apology.

Lin and Lee, as the No 1 and 2 seeds, respectively, are tipped to meet again in the final at the London Games.

Since Beijing, Lee has beaten Lin four times in nine tournaments. Their last encounter was at this year's All-England final when Lee retired from a shoulder injury while down a game and trailing 2-6 in the second.

The question now is whether Lee has overcome his mental block against the Chinese star. Frederick Tan, Lee's former sports psychologist, believes that Lee's loss in Beijing was a major turning point in his mental fortitude.

"I was by his side after the loss to Lin. He was shattered," said Tan, 50, who worked with Lee until last year.

"All he could say was 'I am so tired'. The mental strain was evident. So in a way, the defeat in Beijing will prepare him for the battle in London.

"Now he knows what it takes to rise to the occasion. He is more matured now as a person and player, and it will serve him well."

Indeed, Tan thinks Lin, who wants a second Olympic gold to retire with a bang, will be under more pressure in London.

"Maybe Lin has the slight edge on the court as the record shows, but he now knows that Lee has the game to take him on and beat him," said the former director of the Penang Sports Council who is now working in Sarawak.

However, Tan believes Lee must block out memories of the ankle injury he came down with during the Thomas Cup finals in May, which sidelined him for three weeks, and threw a spanner in his preparations for the Olympics.

He believes the Malaysian star will be reminded of his injury by rivals and media at the London Games, and said: "I worry over how he will respond to it.

"My message to him is forget about the ankle injury. Treat it as something which never happened. Worrying about it will not help you."

The other thing that Lee must tune out is Lin's killer pre-match stare during the customary pre-match handshake at the net.

"That is his signal that he is ready for the fight and that he means business," said Tan.

"I told Lee before he left for London last week that he must stick to his daily pre-game routine which he has been doing for years, like his meal times, his warm-up sessions and the final relaxation period where he puts on his earphones and tunes everything out."

The question now is whether Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei has overcome his mental block against the Chinese star, Lin Dan. REUTERS
    To me, the 'mental block' story is a old as the stars interpretation of a solution to LCW. That's just like saying water is wet! It does not take a professor to give a thesis on 'mental block' anymore. Even a grandmother who does not watch badminton at all knows that now.

But come and tell us how to solve the mental block, then I will open up my ear canals.

About this LD stare, I really don't think if this theory holds water. If LD can beat LCW just by depending solely on a stare, every player would be performing the The Rock's Dwayne Johnson eye stare like a wrestling match by now. You have to have the ingredients and quality to go with it. Try having Wang Zhengming performing the 'stare' at LCW, see if it will work. You can bet your house on it, that it WON'T.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Why must SGP be brought into the picture?

I hope you are not another trouble-maker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-zRAQmKUkI
    there is only one couple of troublemaker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Gold Bar controversy

With the recent offer of gold bar by KLRC Andrew Kam, I feel the need to bring light on the matter of some bloggers taking a bad stance towards Kam and LCW. For Kam, because the blogger feels that Kam is taking the opportunity to promote his company products, the Australian gold bar, a company that is 'allegedly' a health menace to residence, and LCW for playing a part in it.

http://helpvictor.blogspot.com/2012/07/gold-greed.html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    With the recent offer of gold bar by KLRC Andrew Kam, I feel the need to bring light on the matter of some bloggers taking a bad stance towards Kam and LCW. For Kam, because the blogger feels that Kam is taking the opportunity to promote his company products, the Australian gold bar, a company that is 'allegedly' a health menace to residence, and LCW for playing a part in it.

http://helpvictor.blogspot.com/2012/07/gold-greed.html
    my post about it get deleted
    so wish u good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of write-ups about these two giants of badminton especially when a big clash is soon expected. It shows that they are still the main crowd puller even after so many years on the circuit. The irony is, all these "news" were posted by those who are ever critical of LCW! Most of the time they brought along a hidden agenda.

Some of these articles made a good read (very educational) with plenty of valid points contributed by renowned badminton coaches, sports scientists, nutritionists, ex-greats and the players themselves. But after going through what this Dan has to say, it's like comparing a sports encyclopedia with a dummy guide. After all what do we expect from him? We can't compare a reporter with those sports experts when it comes to knowledge of the game right. Anyway kudos to him for his "contribution".

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    To me, the 'mental block' story is a old as the stars interpretation of a solution to LCW. That's just like saying water is wet! It does not take a professor to give a thesis on 'mental block' anymore. Even a grandmother who does not watch badminton at all knows that now.

But come and tell us how to solve the mental block, then I will open up my ear canals.

About this LD stare, I really don't think if this theory holds water. If LD can beat LCW just by depending solely on a stare, every player would be performing the The Rock's Dwayne Johnson eye stare like a wrestling match by now. You have to have the ingredients and quality to go with it. Try having Wang Zhengming performing the 'stare' at LCW, see if it will work. You can bet your house on it, that it WON'T.
    Last edited by flite; 07-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeoldeman View Post
    Had a great opportunity today to see the MAS team training at the Sports Academy at Bath University and to meet some of the officials.

Attachment 126907
    LCW having a breather

Attachment 126908
    Ankle looks pretty promising

Attachment 126909
    LCW checking out the MDs training

Attachment 126910
    Very graceful of him to take time out to pose with Malaysian student suppporters from Manchester

Attachment 126911
    Officials: James Selvaraj, Ng Chin Chai, Wong Ah Jit
    All looking good for OG2012, looks fitter also ahead of the OG2012.. He is ready, the malaysia badminton team is ready.. ARE YOU READY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes its good to meet his friends/fans in UK, hitting the shuttles all the time will make LCW a dull boy.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The draw is out.

Here are some snippets.....

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/...t_6518290.html

Excerpt: ...Having said that London will be his last attempt to win honours at the Olympics, Lee, 30, is suffering injury and trained currently in Bath. When asked about his situation, Tun Ahmad Sarji, Chef de mission of the Malaysian team only replied "it is a secret".

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/olym...2783--oly.html
    Excerpt: ...Top-seeded Lee Chong Wei, who lost to Lin in the Beijing Olympic final, drew Ville Lang of Finland.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chong Wei recovering on diet of porridge and soup

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...620&sec=sports

Monday July 23, 2012

Excerpts:

...Chong Wei, the world No. 2, who has been receiving stem cell treatment on torn ankle ligaments sustained at the Thomas Cup in China in May, said the injury helped take some of the gold medal pressure off his shoulders.

I have just come back from injury and there is less pressure. But it is my last Olympics so I want to win a medal for my country, said Chong Wei, who also lost the world No. 1 ranking to arch-rival Lin Dan of China during his recovery period.

I dont feel the pressure but there is still a week. Maybe when I get to London I will start to feel the Olympic feeling and maybe then I will feel the pressure.

...A gold medal will validate my career. I dont have an Olympic gold medal, my country doesnt have an Olympic gold medal, this gold is important for me and for my country, said the 29-year-old.

Malaysian team physio Sandra Fielder said Lee had made impressive progress from his injury.

An injury like this would usually take six weeks to heal. Lee started earlier because we are so close to the Olympic Games, she said.

He stayed off it for three-and-a-half weeks and started training again, which is fast for that kind of injury. It was quite a severe ankle sprain.

Meanwhile, the Malaysians are struggling to come to terms with the wet, chilly weather in Britain although temperatures are expected to reach the high 20s by Friday when the Olympics get under way.

We bring our own chefs. This is cold weather for Malaysia. So we need hot herb soup, porridge and rice, said team nutritionist Chai Wen Jin. AFP

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Chong Wei has an easy path, Mission to win Gold seems promising - Shabery Cheek."

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=682650

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    "Chong Wei has an easy path, Mission to win Gold seems promising - Shabery Cheek."

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=682650
    no pressure then