User Tag List

Page 495 of 598 FirstFirst ... 395 445 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 545 595 ... LastLast
Results 8,399 to 8,415 of 10158
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Bcers have much much more outrageous remarks abt Msian players and you all dont complain. This includes whether the colour of the players hair, accessories that they wear, etc. Plus personal attacks so, this is nothing.As discussed in the BAM thread, BC members are prepared to run BAM, its just we dont habe the right connections to ever get in. Sure we can critise BAM, sports associations, a portion of their budget are taxpayers money, Malaysia taxpayers money.Plus the President and one of the Vice Presidents are from GLC co - Proton, Maybank
    I like the attitude of MAS BCers: Free to speak out, as I am happy with our AUS BCers (being free to speak out too).

I find some BCers from some countries are careful with how they make their posts (examples: BCers from CHN, HKG, SIN, etc, etc, ...). Perhaps, they might think that their governments/national associations/peers/etc, etc, ... are monitoring their posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Now, now, somebody thinks he is so clever and now tries to "belittle" a reporter who is merely reporting on what a professional has said.

On the other hand, it is to be expected of him for he even condemns his own badminton association and it officials blatantly in these columns. He thinks he is better than all of them, has the right to belittle BCers as well and has the licence to make such outrageous remarks with impunity.
    BCers put up articles from various media all the time, this and that, here and there. Afterall this is a forum. A forum lives off suggestions, opinions and ideas, brainstorming and we affirm or we disagree. But never, personal attacks. So you mean to say that if anyone put up an article from the media, some BCer disagrees, it will be construed as a personal attack on the reporter? Goodness me.

It has always been a Platinum benchmark of mine, to address the issue at hand. Not the person personally. To address matter pertaining to the issue. It is what I think of the 'mental block' story and it is my own belief that the LD stare does not hold water, and that's it. How in the world it came about that I was belittling the journalist??

Come on. It is those who always make remarks personally and not addressing the issue at hand that came about hatching my so-called plot to shoot down the journalist? I have no thorny issues with the journalist, mind you. Likewise, about the subject so long ago pertaining to Professor Khoo Kay Kim commenting on LCW not as perfect a player as yesteryear players ie Eddy Choong, I vehemiently defended LCW. Does this mean I was belittling the journalist?? Likewise, now I am solely commenting on the issue at hand.

Herein, lies the problem, because the way your clock ticks and the way my water runs, is different from you.

PS: The little 'somebody' connotation serves very little purpose other than creating warfare and destabilizes the positive spirit of the forum.
    Last edited by Pakito; 07-24-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I like the attitude of MAS BCers: Free to speak out, as I am happy with our AUS BCers (being free to speak out too).

I find some BCers from some countries are careful with how they make their posts (examples: BCers from CHN, HKG, SIN, etc, etc, ...). Perhaps, they might think that their governments/national associations/peers/etc, etc, ... are monitoring their posts.
    Not all MAS Bcers speak like eagle or another member, whose name starts with L and ends with y.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree.

Not only should LCW focus one match at a time, not also one step at a time (in his footwork), when running on court.

Any players who have suffered from an ankle-sprain before would remember how careful they needed to be, when returning to play.

Players that weren't careful, for example - by pointing their toes in the wrong direction (when running), they would tell us that they have found some strain again (from their injured ankle).

In other words, LCW won't be 100% physically and mentally fit for this 2012 Olympic event.
    LCW is 90% physically and mentally fit, hopefully by 5thAugust,he will be 100% when facing TH (beat LD in 2nd round, yahoo) At the moment, what he is lacking is match sharpness.
    Sparring with DL, CKB and CWF at Bath is not helping either
    Obviously how he gets injured will always be at back of his mind everytime,but he learned his lesson and he will move forward and beleive me not, there will be no fear for LCW taking the rearcourt shots.
    Without injury, gold medal is in the bag, but now let's hope someone beat CL and LD along the way. Shouldn't be a problem with Simon or KT as they are as good as DL or even CWF nowadays!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Belittling Theory Sequel

.... and likewise, if you are so damn sure of yourself about the journalist being 'bashed' by me.. then how about the issue of Chris CC, in the positive spirit of bringing very intriguing input and methodologies of Master Tang Xinfu, dear old Tannepak pours in some very icy water from Greenland on him saying all his input was a load crap??

I may be new here, but I am not senile yet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why one cant speak the truth out?
    what fear make u give up the freedom of speech?
    some did ask me to speak carefully,just like i might be disappear if i say the word like ng chin cai/rashid sidek or bukit koman gold mine,lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chris, I'm all for what you say except that I can't help but chuckle that you felt the need to make that call: Free to speak out.

In this forum, who's not free to speak out or hasn't really been doing so? I'd be amazed,even shocked if anyone here in this forum said he felt constrained or fearful of some kind of authority watching over them!

I may be relatively new here but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure freedom of expression is truly well and alive, fully exercised as their God-given right as naturally as breathing. On the contrary, what's worryingly disturbing is the widespread, ugly,wanton abuses of freedom of expression with nary a thought of its effects on others - they dare to speak freely,shamelessly,wildly,irresponsibly only because they feel safe hiding behind the cloak of anonymity,not realizing such protection or impunity is no longer the case going by the few famous Internet cases involving Google and Facebook.

So who dare not speak in this forum? - what a joke!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Agreeing to disagree is healthy when in a forum

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    ...... On the contrary, what's worryingly disturbing is the widespread, ugly, wanton abuses of freedom of expression with nary a thought of its effects on others......

only because they feel safe hiding behind the cloak of anonymity,not realizing such protection or impunity is no longer the case going by the few famous Internet cases involving Google and Facebook.

So who dare not speak in this forum? - what a joke!
    Agree. It's true that some believe that they are behind the cloak of anonymity; as we often find them not disclosing their location (address).

Anyway, agreeing to disagree is healthy when in a forum. But when one BCer is found attacking another BCer, and/or a player whom he/she doesn't like, it really upsets me.

But what to do?... We can only remind them to read this thread (posted by a BCer from Ipoh, Malaysia);

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-these-threads

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    Dear BC members,

I am writing this to ask for peace in these threads. There have been a lot of threads being closed due to the negative nature of their postings. In fact some members have resorted to attacking other members either personally or attacking each other countries and cultures.

Please remember that we are all here because we love badminton.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. It's true that some believe that they are behind the cloak of anonymity; as we often find them not disclosing their location (address).

Anyway, agreeing to disagree is healthy when in a forum. But when one BCer is found attacking another BCer, and/or a player whom he/she doesn't like, it really upsets me.

But what to do?... We can only remind them to read this thread (posted by a BCer from Ipoh, Malaysia);

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-these-threads

chris, thank you so much,that is the best thread I've seen so far in this forum. Sadly,the last post there was almost two years ago, I presume most of the BCers have forgotten about it or not aware of its existence. Indeed,where is azabaz_ipoh? Wish him wellness and happiness always.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hoping that azabaz_ipoh would return soon

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    chris, thank you so much,that is the best thread I've seen so far in this forum. Sadly,the last post there was almost two years ago, I presume most of the BCers have forgotten about it or not aware of its existence. Indeed,where is azabaz_ipoh? Wish him wellness and happiness always.
    Yes, I am waiting for Lady azabaz_ipoh to return.

Hoping that she would return soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe LCW will win the gold...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
    I believe whatever LCW win the gold that will makes him... stranger...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow LCW's fitness is a Malaysian secret

Quote Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
    You must have been reading this article;

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8IN6K520120723

"I think LCW's fitness is a Malaysian secret ... Every country should keep their own secrets, right?" said Malaysia chef de mission Tun Ahmad Sarji telling Reuters at Olympic Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I think LCW's fitness is a Malaysian secret ... Every country should keep their own secrets, right?" said Malaysia chef de mission Tun Ahmad Sarji telling Reuters at Olympic Park.
    'Cheeky' statement...

Even though the MAS media (and maybe everyone else) stated that Ville Lang is 'easy' for LCW, Im not so sure due to his injury and the fact that this is OG. So to brush VLang off as a non contender is careless. Anyway, all the best for the MAS team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Operation Smoke Screen

You must have been reading this article;

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8IN6K520120723

For once I hope Operation Smoke Screen comes true to its potential, and to show and flabbergast good old LYB that for once, where it holds plenty of weight in terms of tactical planning (may I add that the ankle twist was cleverly planned after all, sorry just dreaming here) for the Olympic to hope that LD let his guards down against LCW during the battle. Malaysia Boleh! ( I mean in the good sense la..)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    BCers put up articles from various media all the time, this and that, here and there. Afterall this is a forum. A forum lives off suggestions, opinions and ideas, brainstorming and we affirm or we disagree. But never, personal attacks. So you mean to say that if anyone put up an article from the media, some BCer disagrees, it will be construed as a personal attack on the reporter? Goodness me.

It has always been a Platinum benchmark of mine, to address the issue at hand. Not the person personally. To address matter pertaining to the issue. It is what I think of the 'mental block' story and it is my own belief that the LD stare does not hold water, and that's it. How in the world it came about that I was belittling the journalist??

Come on. It is those who always make remarks personally and not addressing the issue at hand that came about hatching my so-called plot to shoot down the journalist? I have no thorny issues with the journalist, mind you. Likewise, about the subject so long ago pertaining to Professor Khoo Kay Kim commenting on LCW not as perfect a player as yesteryear players ie Eddy Choong, I vehemiently defended LCW. Does this mean I was belittling the journalist?? Likewise, now I am solely commenting on the issue at hand.

Herein, lies the problem, because the way your clock ticks and the way my water runs, is different from you.

PS: The little 'somebody' connotation serves very little purpose other than creating warfare and destabilizes the positive spirit of the forum.
    Go and tell this to the poster who started being personal and I was just using his own words on "belittling". You may have missed his previous post on this matter which caused the thread to be closed or did you conveniently do so?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    For once I hope Operation Smoke Screen comes true to its potential, and to show and flabbergast good old LYB that for once, where it holds plenty of weight in terms of tactical planning (may I add that the ankle twist was cleverly planned after all, sorry just dreaming here) for the Olympic to hope that LD let his guards down against LCW during the battle. Malaysia Boleh! ( I mean in the good sense la..)
    whatever smoke screen can't even fool us in BC. old LYB probably see through it on day one.