User Tag List

Page 499 of 583 FirstFirst ... 399 449 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 549 ... LastLast
Results 8,467 to 8,483 of 9900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To say, LCW's chances of winning gold is nt high, winning a medal might be considered great for his condition. But, I will not count him out yet. He is a born fighter and I fervently believe he wanted that gold medal for years. Too bad injury takes place so right months before the big game. For him to proceed to the final( at least ) or maybe pull out a surprise win against LD, he has to heal 90% first. Then, he needs to think positive and be mentally strong. Also, luck of course. I sincerely wish him best of luck. Hope Misbun and WMC would be there to support him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time has come as the Olympics have officially got underway with the spectecular and eye catching opening ceremony on Friday night.

I watched the opening ceremony in my hotel room and this was the third opening ceremony of the Olympics that I failed to participate and I was sad when watching it over TV as this will be my last Olympics.

Much effort has been put in by the organisors to create an event that captures the culture of the British and it was amazing scenes that I believe were truly appreciated by the audience worldwide.

Though we are not staying at the Games Village, the organisors have made provisions for teams to stay at a hotel within walking distance of the Wembley Arena, the venue for the badminton event.

It was delightful to see so many fans making their way to the stadium on Saturday, the first day of the badminton event. They were patient although there was a long wait due to the stringent security checks that they had to undergo.

For us as players, it is always refreshing playing infront of appreciative fans and also full stadiums and from what I seen so far, the fans are making a beeline towards Wembley Arena to watch badminton being contested.

Coming back to my preparations, I have done the best I can under the circumstances.

Returning from an injury is tough for any athlete and it was no different for me as there are loads of factors that need to be taken into account when in rehabilitation.

I have been fortunate that I have had fantastic people looking after my recovery process, right from the doctors, conditioning exterts, physiotherapists and massuers from the National Sports Institute. They have been wonderful and put up with a lot to ensure that I was fit enough and challenge for gold at the Olympics.

My coaches, Tey Seu Bock and Rashid Sidek have been preparing me well, keeping me on my toes on the courts and ensuring that I remained focussed.

They have been spending hours analysing videos of my potential opponents and Rashid, despite fasting, has been working really hard to watch the opponents play at the Wembley Arena.

Some have claimed that I am under pressure to deliver. They are entitled to their opinion as I know my ability and promise the nation that I will use every ounce of energy to ensure that the hopes and aspirations of Malaysia are met on August 5, the day of the final.

As I have constantly said, I am taking it one day at a time but that will not stop me from looking towards August 5. The incentives are there and the RM2 million gold bar was a welcome surprise.

I know the passion KLRC Chairman Dato Seri Andrew Kam has for badminton and its a timely boost for the badminton players to deliver at the Olympics.

Chang Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying as well as Tee Jing Yi may not have had a winning start they were looking for but they played well and could have won. They still have a chance and I expect them to give it their best shot in the remaining matches.

As for Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong, there is hunger in their eyes, something not seen of late and they will make the last eight with relative ease following their workmanlike performances against the Japanese pair.

I sign off today, looking forward to my first competetive match on Monday. Stepping on to the courts will signal my return from injury and the start of my quest for gold.

The prayers of 28 million Malaysians will be my driving force, with my mother rooting for me in the stands of the Wembley Arena.

Lee Chong Wei.

3. Likes limb7567, Pakito, visor, bad's fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gud luck lcw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beat finland's ville lang in 3 sets yesterday...hmm.. not enough warming up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I think more like he needed more warm ups badly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2012 London Olympics: Wishing LCW the Best of LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Wishing LCW the Best of LUCK in his next match.

I didn't get to watch his Group match, but I should believe that he was testing how he has recovered from his ankle injury for match play.

The QF match should be more testing.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-30-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Wishing LCW the Best of LUCK in his next match.

I didn't get to watch his Group match, but I should believe that he was testing how he has recovered from his ankle injury for match play.

The QF match should be more testing.
    Yeah, my guts tell me that LCW just want to test the field, as well as warming up for more crucial match later on.
    Not to mention, he is using VTZF Limited which is a new racket for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...Tee Jing Yi also sparring with LCW...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even thoughtless and careless decisions to leave LCW out of the march past, bearing in mind that there were more Malaysian officials than athletes in the march, can bring about a silver lining in the clouds.

It left LCW with an even more adamant resolution to prove his critics wrong and play with a huge hunger to win.

Simon, is his first victim to be slaughtered. The way it was done was not as energy sapping as the match between LD and Taufik. Quick and planned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From majority of the comments in bc, seems like LCW should be near 100% fit..to challenge lin dan for the gold medal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation to LCW! Not on his win over SS but on how he got himself up and back on track after all looked so gloomy the day he severely injured his ankle in Wuhan about 8 weeks ago.

I think the injury was a blessing in disguise for it allows LCW to have his long overdue rest he so deserved and at the same time take a step back and ponder about himself, his body condition and the game that he was playing, what needs to be improved and most importantly how to go about the coming challenges.

Also it takes away a lot of unnecessary pressure from his fellow bosses in BAM and those politicians up there as he is no longer a medal contender the moment he injured himself.

Without those extra burden and a fresh body we are able to see a much more aggressive and lethal LCW today.

Now it doesn't matter whether you are able to get onto the podium or not. You already earn a lot of respect from many people today from the way you pulled yourself upfrom the pit. Just go out there and play your best baddy.

p.s. before I forgot, there were plenty of critics and ill-intended comments from many quarters (you know who you are) when the injury happen that you may not make it to the Olympics and some even went to the extend of calling you to quit the game altogether. They were having fun then but today, you gave these people a really bad day just moments ago with a sterling performance. I pity them as I know how they would feel now. Karma is a bitch, i know.

13. Likes visor, julianng, mizivincible liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW may be 80-90 percent fit already now. But I still think he might stumble against players like Chen Long or Lin Dan later on, who both appear in great shape for these olympics.

Will be interesting to see how he plays against giant killer kashyap tomorrow. I think he should win the match but the question will it be in 2 sets or 3 sets. If it's 3 sets, that means he is still at the level of recovery of which he was in India Open where he lost to SWH a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he'll have much of a problem against P Kashyap, despite everything the Indian player has achieved. I'd be very surprised if LCW goes to a decider.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chongers looking good in this tournament.

the acid test is of course Chen Long in the semi...

fast forward to the semi's already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I don't think he'll have much of a problem against P Kashyap, despite everything the Indian player has achieved. I'd be very surprised if LCW goes to a decider.
    if went to rubber set,he might get DQ for not try hard to win

18. Likes Gingerbeer, julianng liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    if went to rubber set,he might get DQ for not try hard to win
    didn't he give a game to Ville ? maybe he should be DQ'ed too.

20. Likes Gingerbeer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might get DQ for not respecting his opponent if it is a 3 setter.