User Tag List

Page 503 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 553 ... LastLast
Results 8,535 to 8,551 of 10016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Another loads of BS as usual!

Resting period is of course important but not with injury, "GENIUS". First and foremost its about how well one's preparation is and with a severely twisted ankle how are you going to train? Top athletes has a systematic training program to peak at the right time for major tourney and his was ruined. At that point of time he wasn't even sure whether participating in this Olympics is something within his reach. He was struggling with everything from factor of time to optimum performance training, body conditioning, form as well as his mental on how to deal with the ankle phobia when he is back on court. On top of that he has to spare a lot of time (when he has little) to go for treatment, physios and all sorts.

Go try ask any other players whether an ankle injury like what LCW suffered would help their course in winning a medal in Olympics. If they say yes then ask them to prove it to you cos talk is cheap.

He got back to where he is today despite all the setbacks is because of his spirit to keep on fighting even when the odds are down. Credit should be given when one deserved it. Will you ever learn?

I thought I know you well enough from all your previous postings but you are so ever lacking congruity. You just brought absurdism to a new height.

Also don't worry so much about LCW's medal prospect cos you wouldn't. All you worry about is LD's medal value if he successfully retain the gold. We will give him the credit he deserve cos not everybody is like you.
    Yah, OK all these taping of the gals, and boys in the top 10 are just for show :-) The ONLY relevant injury any of these players have faced is the thorn ankle ligament two and a half month ago, that messed with LCWs preparation :-)

I understand that your emotions run high, but you can at least listen to LCW himself saying
    "I have just come back from injury and there is less pressure." - LCW

He recieve the very best stemcell treatment for his ankle!!

"He stayed off it for three-and-a-half weeks and started training again..." - team physio Sandra Fielder

Honestly the Ankle looked pretty fine and dandy on court yesturday..

I does not speak well of your character to talk so much about what "you know" about me, without we ever even met in person.

Cheers,
    T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He still feel pain in his ankle. He mentioned that after his 1st or 2nd match and he said that he had taken painkiller before the tournament. So dont think that even if LCW looks ok but doesn't mean his ankle is not in pain. He is trying to focus and ignore his ankle.
    Last edited by xsakurax; 08-03-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Yah, OK all these taping of the gals, and boys in the top 10 are just for show :-)The ONLY relevant injury any of these players have faced is the thorn ankle ligament two and a half month ago, that messed with LCWs preparation :-)

Take a bow for the above statement!!

I understand that your emotions run high, but you can at least listen to LCW himself saying
    "I have just come back from injury and there is less pressure." - LCW

He recieve the very best stemcell treatment for his ankle!!

"He stayed off it for three-and-a-half weeks and started training again..." - team physio Sandra Fielder

Honestly the Ankle looked pretty fine and dandy on court yesturday..

I does not speak well of your character to talk so much about what "you know" about me, without we ever even met in person.

Cheers,
    T
    Again that's not the point. Who doesn't know that LCW has came back from injury and was lay off for a few weeks? You don't? You were talking about his current condition and again who doesn't know that he played well on court for the last couple of games? You don't? Hey it was live-telecasted!

All you were saying was that he has enough rest and that is the main reason he played well. That kind of statement sounded absolutely one dimensional, half-baked and makes you looked shallow. Sorry to say that.

Again like I said talk is cheap. Get another player and show it to me as what LCW has shown to all of us.

On my emotions running high with just a few sentences of yours with no factual back-up or whatsoever, dream on mate. Yes for looking at the way LCW played so far. How about you when you saw him won his matches?

On knowing you personally, I preferred to remain status quo.

Cheers, of course.
    Last edited by flite; 08-03-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is teaching Chen Long how to play like a boss.. hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So proud of you, Lee Chong Wei!
    No matter the result in the final, you are definitely the best men singles player that Malaysia has ever produced! 2 consecutive Olympic finals!
    Fight on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation LCW on getting two olympic medals. Be it two silver or one silver one gold, it does not matter! No pressure in the final, just do your best. You have shown us great courage and inspiration just by getting into final. Proud to be malaysian because of u.. We love u LCW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first in this LOG I've just watched slightly more than half the second game of LCW's demolition of CL. And I must say I'm impressed.

LCW showed no hint of his recent injury. He was fast, powerful and accurate and had CL flustered most times. CL was forced into making unnecessary errors. On top of his rejuvenated performance, LCW displayed an unusual and fierce determination never seen before. He went for all of CL's shots and succeeded in returning them with interest most times. His most outstanding trait this time seems to be his courage to go for the kill at the slightest opportunity and this frighten the wits out of CL.

Indeed LCW's belated comeback is remarkable and his confidence has soared a level higher in time to face his nemesis and constant foe, LD, in the finals. We thought his injury has destroyed his ambition but it seems to turn out to be a blessing instead. It will be a final quite unlike the Beijing Olypmics when LCW was mesmerized and became rooted to the ground on LD's home turf.

Not this time in neutral London.

Do expect a titanic final battle between two superstars!
    Last edited by Loh; 08-03-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very delighted when Dato prevented all CHN Final in men single discipline by defeating CL straight sets with high margin of score differences. All the best for the final, I hope Dato prevails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted before that the injury could be a blessing (rest, no pressure, etc) for Dato. I have not seen the game but based on the score and LOH reporting, the injury was no issue and Dato is fit to go all out. If LD wins his 2nd gold, he truly has to work for it with no bodyguard to assist him, no Thing to guide him and his other bodyguard has been destroyed by Dato, and he is on his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star report:Chong Wei meets Lin Dan in final (Update)Published: Friday August 3, 2012 MYT 9:43:00 PMUpdated: Friday August 3, 2012 MYT 10:43:47 PMBy S RAMAGURULONDON: Datuk Lee Chong Wei has ensured that Malaysia returns home with a medal after he stormed into the final of the mens badminton singles with a convincing 21-13, 21-14 win over Chinas Chen Long at the Wembley Arena.He will meet China's Lin Dan on Sunday. The top Chinese shuttler easily beat South Korea's Lee Hyun Il 21-12, 21-10 in the other semi-final.Chong Wei won the silver medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 when he lost in the final to Lin Dan.Then Chong Wei was the world number one while the Chinese at number two. This time the role is reversed with the Chinese having taken over as the number one in June.His silver in Beijing was the only medal won by Malaysia in the 2008 Games.With the silver medal in the bag, Chong Wei said that his aim is the gold.I treated tonights match as my last and went all out. I did not want to play for the bronze.My performance was a surprise to me too as I was able to stay in control and the match strategy worked well.I want to go for the gold medal. I have nothing to lose and I do not feel there is much pressure on me. I had promised to make the final and I have delivered.To the Malaysians I make this promise I will do my very best to win that gold. Nothing else matters, he said.Chong Wei admitted that this was his best game in London and felt that all the hard work since coming back from an ankle injury was worth it.I always had the thought that my Olympic dream would be dashed at any time after the injury. But it is great to be back at my best. And even then I am only 50% of my old self.It does not matter who I play in the final. I want to win it. Chen Long was also under pressure to stop me and that is why his game suffered a little.But more importantly we knew what to do and I had worked it out with my coaches, he said.Chong Wei was in his element in the first set as he took control of the match from the first point. He stormed to a 6-0 lead before Chen Long took a point off him.From then on Chong Wei build on his lead and to go 11-5 and 19-10. He allowed Chen Long to take two more points off him at 19-13.A leaping smash by Chong Wei gave him the set point. And another Chen Long blunder at the baseline gave the Malaysian first set at 21-13 in 23 minutes.Chong Wei used his drop shot and base line to good effect and was helped by the mistakes from Chen LongIn the second set Chong Wei again started off leading and was 6-3 when the Chinese caught up with him.Chong Wei then reeled off three points to keep his lead and soon moved to 10-7.From then it was a game of chase as Chong Wei was forced to work hard to keep ahead of Chen Long.Chong Wei extended his career wining record over Chen Long to 7-4 and then never looked back as he winning 28 eight minutes in 21-14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Again that's not the point. Who doesn't know that LCW has came back from injury and was lay off for a few weeks? You don't? You were talking about his current condition and again who doesn't know that he played well on court for the last couple of games? You don't? Hey it was live-telecasted!

All you were saying was that he has enough rest and that is the main reason he played well. That kind of statement sounded absolutely one dimensional, half-baked and makes you looked shallow. Sorry to say that.

Again like I said talk is cheap. Get another player and show it to me as what LCW has shown to all of us.

On my emotions running high with just a few sentences of yours with no factual back-up or whatsoever, dream on mate. Yes for looking at the way LCW played so far. How about you when you saw him won his matches?

On knowing you personally, I preferred to remain status quo.

Cheers, of course.
    I think LCW underlined my points quite clearly today.. Not much wrong with his form or his foot.. And pretty darn impressive play!!

At least I think we both can be happy of his win and great display of badminton play!! even if you think the injury was soooooo sooo bad for him and his chances :-)

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope for a Malaysian Gold! But all this blah blah about his twisted ankle, two and a half months ago is silly. Resting period before a big big championship is key for peaking, anyone should know that, and a twisted ankle is really not an injury that should be overstated. I think most athletes have twisted their ankel sometime Actually the injury helped LCW optimize his peaking by resting, and of course also take some pressure from him from local media, supporters etc.. If he looses he an alway "blame" he was not 100% recovered from his twisted ankle that occured 2 months and 12 days ago!!! And If he win fans could say it was even more impressive!!
    "...a twisted ankle is really not an injury that should be overstated."

?????

Get ready for more missiles coming your way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    For the first in this LOG I've just watched slightly more than half the second game of LCW's demolition of CL. And I must say I'm impressed.LCW showed no hint of his recent injury. He was fast, powerful and accurate and had CL flustered most times. CL was forced into making unnecessary errors. On top of his rejuvenated performance, LCW displayed an unusual and fierce determination never seen before. He went for all of CL's shots and succeeded in returning them with interest most times. His most outstanding trait this time seems to be his courage to go for the kill at the slightest opportunity and this frighten the wits out of CL. Indeed LCW's belated comeback is remarkable and his confidence has soared a level higher in time to face his nemesis and constant foe, LD, in the finals. We thought his injury has destroyed his ambition but it seems to turn out to be a blessing instead. It will be a final quite unlike the Beijing Olypmics when LCW was mesmerized and became rooted to the ground on LD's home turf. Not this time in neutral London.Do expect a titanic final battle between two superstars!
    Both played well in the semi final.

Even though Chen Long lost with a score of 13-21 & 14-21

it wasn't an easy game for LCW. Let's see how he recovers before the final.

As for Lin Dan, he wasn't in top gear most of the time so we really can't see his current performance from this match .

Lets hope LCW can recover fast then we would have a titanic final!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LCW underlined my points quite clearly today.. Not much wrong with his form or his foot.. And pretty darn impressive play!!

At least I think we both can be happy of his win and great display of badminton play!! even if you think the injury was soooooo sooo bad for him and his chances :-)

/T
    Not even close from your previous post. Your main point was that he had a lot of rest and that's it. You did not even mention about all the other factors. Don't just pick and choose what suited you.

Did you notice that he said he was worried that his Olympics dream would be dashed anytime after the injury? Only with a lot of hardwork he is able to come back but only 50% compared to his old self. He was surprised himself with the performance against CL today. Did you mentioned all these on your previous post?

On the injury being a blessing in disguise so that much pressure is taken off him and he taking a rest long overdue, its already been mentioned in my post #8477. Five pages up!

Anyway cheers twobeer, my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We salute your determination and spirit, Lee Chong Wei. May you win the gold you so desire and deserve. Our best player ever produced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee chongers was an absolute beast today.

solid, consistent but also measured precision with attacking mindset.

LCW looking scary good - who would have thought he suffered an ankle injury?!!?

i do worry for LD in the final. maybe we'll get a match similar to the 2011 World CHampionship final??

really, it depends which LD turns up on the day. I believe in OG 2008 LCW was rock solid all the way through to the final. Then LD god level turned up.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    , LCW displayed an unusual and fierce determination never seen before. He went for all of CL's shots and succeeded in returning them with interest most times. His most outstanding trait this time seems to be his courage to go for the kill at the slightest opportunity and this frighten the wits out of CL. Indeed LCW's belated comeback is remarkable and his confidence has soared a level higher in time to face his nemesis and constant foe, LD, in the finals. We thought his injury has destroyed his ambition but it seems to turn out to be a blessing instead. It will be a final quite unlike the Beijing Olypmics when LCW was mesmerized and became rooted to the ground on LD's home turf. Not this time in neutral London.Do expect a titanic final battle between two superstars!
    Although Xu Chen and Issara/Jongjit show more fist pumping and have louder shouts, I've also noticed that LCW is uncharacterisitically displaying more emotion and aggression with some shouting and fist pumping when he wins a hard rally. It's good to see him this fired up and determined for the gold. Perhaps the ankle injury and time off for recovery is indeed a blessing in disguise for him to recuperate both physically and especially mentally.

Indeed this Sunday will be the final ulimate battle between these 2 giants before their supposed retirements. Should be exciting to watch no matter who wins. But best of luck to LCW!