User Tag List

Page 509 of 583 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 559 ... LastLast
Results 8,637 to 8,653 of 9900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw, lin dan already know you as so powerful in smashing. He didnt lift the shuttle when your point tie at 18-18 even you force him by net play shoot. He takes a risk to return the shuttle by net play too rather lift up the shuttle to you. And so you have no chance to use your smash to get the point. I would suggest, if that situation happen for next tournament and your point tie near to match point, wait in front of net than use your net killing because he will not lift the shuttle. i mean like this picture.Name:  net kill.jpg
Views: 1618
Size:  43.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Let me help...

Not going anywhere
    06 August 2012
    http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general...where-1.121463

Excerpts:

..."I can only thank the nation for the support that I have received for this has played a major part in my success. I may be a silver medallist again but I hope the nation understands that I tried my best. In fact, I didn't expect to make the final for when I came to Bath (for the final phase of training), I was only 50 per cent ready but I worked very hard in Bath and this paid off in the Olympics," said Chong Wei.

..."I didn't go into the final with any pressure as I knew that I had to fight if I wanted to win the gold and I am proud, despite losing, for staying in there till the end."

...but
    when the shuttle trickled over and Lin Dan won the point, I couldn't help but feel that luck was once again favouring him."
    I remembered that this was not the first time LD had done this admirable shot, perhaps he had mastered it. he hit the shuttle where it was just about in line with the tape, therefore it was either went really speedy flat, it hit the tape and fell which was the risk or it hit the tape and rolled over to the opponent court which would bring him a point. The possibility to win a point is more than 60%, given two possibilities for winning a point. What i admire the most is LD confidence that the shot would give him point, if it did not bring him point given the critical situation 18-16 down in a 3rd set of OG Final with LCW in lead, the situation will be favoring LCW. This is a point which is really decisive and LCW admitted he has lost the confidence & momentum in that situation. The shot LD had initiated was a shot which turned the momentum back to LD favor

As i could recall correctly, LD has done the shot as well on 2011 WC Final against LCW, however, that time the shuttle goes flat to the back which gave LD a point as well. At the early stage of the match in 2011 WC Final, LD had also tried the shot twice but the shuttle just hit the tape and fell on LD's court.

Given the situation LD faced, and the willingness of him to execute the shot and took the risk, i could say the amount of confidence LD possessed is enormous. For beating up LD, LCW must not loss confidence at that time and get the momentum back to him again, it was a tough mission though. I have to admit that although there was still an element of fortune in 2012 OG Final which favoring LD, there was also an element of brilliance from LD which was executing the right shot at the right moment and the outcome was fruitful for him. Should the shot had been executed while the score was not towards the end of the Gold Medal Point, the momentum would not be shifted a lot. Should the shuttle just get through the tape and landed at the back of the court, LCW might think that, he had not anticipated LD shot correctly and put the blame to him. However, the disaster is that the shuttle hit the tape and fell on LCW court at the crucial time which shocked LCW confidence by thinking that The God of Fortune is once again with LD, it is something that beyond LCW reach and the momentum had shifted to LD's favor, this was the turning point of the Gold Medal match and dictate the outcome of this Mega Event the badminton world had ever witnessed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly all of LCW's fans meant well with their show of support, encouragement and sympathies.

But to LCW, what counted most is the Olympic gold medal. In case fans say he lost the gold to LD, it is not the case. It is LD who held the gold and it is for him to lose it but he didn't. He retained his gold medal and made badminton Olympic history. LCW also retained his silver as consolation.

LCW is a very sad and dejected man and whatever kind words fans may want to convey, it is of no use to him now. Let time heal his wounds so that in his quiet time he is in a better position to think of his future.

4. Likes AlanY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this from facebook..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow look at this.. they should all thank datuk Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to LD for winning his second successive gold medal!! A champion that is able to take whatever thrown at him and came out victorious once again. With all elements taken into consideration, it was a great match that was fairly fought out by both sides with such immense intensity in the end that I was literally in cold sweat lol. Results gladly accepted.

On what to say on LCW, I think many of us here in this thread share the same sentiment and already voiced out how we think and feel about him as a sportsman and his defeat yesterday. At one moment he looked so dejected on TV (struggling to hold back his tears) right after the match point and during the medal presentation that I thought it was the end for him. Then not long after when someone posted a video of him getting his post-match interview, he seemed to be back on his feet again. This guy is strong man. Stronger than what I expected of him given what he just went through moments ago.

So for LCW, despite yesterday lost, in the hearts of those who appreciate you, you deserves so much more than to just a few congratulatory and consolation notes. You are a champion too.

8. Likes volcom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post

wow look at this.. they should all thank datuk Lee
    what is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

free nasi kandar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superdick View Post
    if only u were his coach, then today boleh-land will celebrate a real gold medal instead of syiok-sendiri (self-pleasure) over ppl's champ and queer stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Frankly all of LCW's fans meant well with their show of support, encouragement and sympathies.

But to LCW, what counted most is the Olympic gold medal. In case fans say he lost the gold to LD, it is not the case. It is LD who held the gold and it is for him to lose it but he didn't. He retained his gold medal and made badminton Olympic history. LCW also retained his silver as consolation.

LCW is a very sad and dejected man and whatever kind words fans may want to convey, it is of no use to him now. Let time heal his wounds so that in his quiet time he is in a better position to think of his future.
    For your info, many LCW fans went for the free meal today instead of feeling sad. For your info, LCW himself went for a shopping spree in London today instead of sulking, and would be given a hero's welcome home tomorrow.

By the way, feeling dejected for a lost in the Olympics Final is actually a privilege for both the fans and player come to think of it. Have you had that opportunity, ever, may I ask?

For the two posters: similar intentions, different implementation style, failed outcome.
    Last edited by flite; 08-06-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nasi Kandar giving badminton a boost

I wish more entrepreneurs are like Nasi Kandar Burhan who went ahead with the free lunch although his requirement was a gold medal.

This will sure cultivate are better and positive culture than some sour grapes of the nation(s).

Quote: He is still our hero. He is still our champion. Unquote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously though...i'd rather pay for the nasi kandar than line up so long for a free one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    seriously though...i'd rather pay for the nasi kandar than line up so long for a free one
    so true.

but i know ppl who'd go through all the trouble and inconvenient just to get things for free. the idea of getting things without paying is stronger than the sense of inconvenient.

15. Likes volcom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    For your info, many LCW fans went for the free meal today instead of feeling sad. For your info, LCW himself went for a shopping spree in London today instead of sulking, and would be given a hero's welcome home tomorrow.
    it is called retail therapy.

17. Likes volcom, cheesey7, AlanY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or they also call it a "loss maker" to the nasi kandur seller. He hopes this great publicity will attract more business later, more than recover his earlier "loss".

I wonder whether nasi kandur is the same as "nasi lemak" in Singapore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It doesn't matter whether LCW will win GOLD or not

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post

By the way, feeling dejected for a lost in the Olympics Final is actually a privilege for both the fans and player come to think of it. Have you had that opportunity, ever, may I ask?

For the two posters: similar intentions, different implementation style, failed outcome.
    I believe that the celebration started as soon as LCW has made it to play at the FINAL.

It appears that it doesn't matter whether LCW will win GOLD or not.

20. Likes jasonmarc, bad's fan, flite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it is called retail therapy.
    Provided one has the luxury and can afford it. My sympathy goes to those who suffered from Zelophobia.

22. Likes victory liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW has stated in public that he wants to win the gold medal. Of course it does matter to him for all the sacrifices and hardship he has undergone especially during the last couple of months prior to LOG. His picture of dejection when he lost narrowly to LD was for all to see.

It is only logical that LCW fans will support him through thick and thin, even though he lost eventually. But to say they celebrate his loss is unthinkable. They gather in great numbers in the stadium and elsewhere to cheer him on for a victory. Maybe the promise of the free makan makes the loss more palatable for some.