User Tag List

Page 53 of 583 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 103 153 553 ... LastLast
Results 885 to 901 of 9900
  1. #885
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Datuk's Career Title and Major Achievements

    1. Malaysia Satellite Champion 2003
    2. Malaysia Open Champion 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009
    3. Chinese Taipei Open 2004
    4. Denmark Open 2005
    5. Swiss Open 2006
    6. Asia Badminton Championship 2006
    7. Indonesia, Philipines, Japan, French Open 2007
    8. Singapore Open 2008
    9. Super Series Final 2008
    10. Olympic Games Silver-medallist 2008

    Datuk's Major Championships to be won in future

    1. All England Champion
    2. World Championship
    3. Thomas Cup
    4. Olympic Games Gold Medallist
    I think you got to take away that Olympic gold because LCW aint going to win it at 30 yrs old in 4 years time.

    Thomas Cup, you need to take it away because thats a team thingy. And we dont have much depth especially in the MS department. Most likely we will be taking HH & WCH again as 2nd & 3rd singles to next year's TC.

    AE & WC? I say this is LCW last chance to win this two titles.

  2. #886
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..the important Sudirman Cup (which is happening this yr) & the Asian Games.
    In retrospect, in Pemuda's and Dato Asbullah's eyes, winning any of these major titles would probably equate to winning several Super Series tourneys.
    In ctjcad's eyes, winning several Super Series tourneys would probably equate to winning any of the major championships as mentioned.

  3. #887
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ehhh??...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    In ctjcad's eyes, winning several Super Series tourneys would probably equate to winning any of the major championships as mentioned.
    ..i am neutral & could care less what LCW accomplishes (although i concur winning any of those major tourneys would be a big accomplishment)...but if you think so, then so be it..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-12-2009 at 03:35 AM.

  4. #888
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    In ctjcad's eyes, winning several Super Series tourneys would probably equate to winning any of the major championships as mentioned.
    Its called consolation. Consolation.

  5. #889
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I think you got to take away that Olympic gold because LCW aint going to win it at 30 yrs old in 4 years time.

    Thomas Cup, you need to take it away because thats a team thingy. And we dont have much depth especially in the MS department. Most likely we will be taking HH & WCH again as 2nd & 3rd singles to next year's TC.

    AE & WC? I say this is LCW last chance to win this two titles.
    Zhang Ning won the OG Gold, 1 at the age of 29, another at 33. Nothing is impossible.

    Thomas Cup is a team event. Although MS department are weak, but we still have the chance to clinch the Thomas Cup simply because it needs only 3 wins out of 5 games played. 2 Doubles and 1 from DLCW.

  6. #890
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no doubt DLCW won MO many times, but i dont think he
    is "Jaguh Kampung" only......if we really list out MS players that
    can SS titles, i think a few of MS players is in the lists...
    regularly would be LD, LCW, SDK, PG, CJ...
    hopefully this year we can see a "BIG" titles from him...

  7. #891
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Yes, I would love to see LCW or any other MAS shuttlers win away from home. For this year, it would be nice to see us winning the AE and WC. We need to dispel away the Jagoh Kampung tag.
    hehe...next time...ask all mas player lost in mo...so...we will dispel away the jk tag......as simple as this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    2009 is definitely gonna be interesting ...
    sure...2 more ss title before i have a extra money to spend...

  8. #892
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Zhang Ning won the OG Gold, 1 at the age of 29, another at 33. Nothing is impossible.

    Thomas Cup is a team event. Although MS department are weak, but we still have the chance to clinch the Thomas Cup simply because it needs only 3 wins out of 5 games played. 2 Doubles and 1 from DLCW.
    I look at stats. For Msian shuttlers, once they hit their late 20s it is all downhill.

    ... and you think we can win the TC next year based on one Datuk Lee and 2 MDs??? I say we wont even make it to the semis.

  9. #893
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I look at stats. For Msian shuttlers, once they hit their late 20s it is all downhill.

    ... and you think we can win the TC next year based on one Datuk Lee and 2 MDs??? I say we wont even make it to the semis.

    i hate to admit this...but is very much true.....
    unless our Malaysia LD suddenly become "Super Darren"
    or KBH or HH throw their Yo-Yo away...

  10. #894
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe...next time...ask all mas player lost in mo...so...we will dispel away the jk tag......as simple as this...



    sure...2 more ss title before i have a extra money to spend...
    For your info, Malaysia didnt really performed well in the recently concluded MO. Being a home tournament, only one of our shuttler made the finals.

    And as for our bet, I want you to bank in that RM100 of yours to a charity of my choice and I expect you to be a good loser

  11. #895
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    i hate to admit this...but is very much true.....
    unless our Malaysia LD suddenly become "Super Darren"
    or KBH or HH throw their Yo-Yo away...
    kbh is not= hh
    ld is good...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I look at stats. For Msian shuttlers, once they hit their late 20s it is all downhill.

    ... and you think we can win the TC next year based on one Datuk Lee and 2 MDs??? I say we wont even make it to the semis.
    want another bet for tc 2010???if yes...pm me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    For your info, Malaysia didnt really performed well in the recently concluded MO. Being a home tournament, only one of our shuttler made the finals.

    And as for our bet, I want you to bank in that RM100 of yours to a charity of my choice and I expect you to be a good loser
    hehe...11 ss to go...

  12. #896
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when perform well in home groud...u say jagoh kampung...when only one enter semis and final...u say didnt perform welll...so...can give us what u want 2 making u recognize their effort???

  13. #897
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Btw...

    ..i'm reserving the idea that LCW will win or has a good chance to win the KO this week, considering how brutal the quality of line-judging and officiating in the Korea Open have been. I hope he won't be the next victim of those unfair officiating calls this week..

  14. #898
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I look at stats. For Msian shuttlers, once they hit their late 20s it is all downhill.

    ... and you think we can win the TC next year based on one Datuk Lee and 2 MDs??? I say we wont even make it to the semis.
    1. Foo Kok Keong won the Asian Badminton Championship in the year 1994 at the age of 31.

    2. Razif Sidek & Jalaini Sidek won the same title at the age of 30 and 29 respectively.

    3. Cheah Soon Kit , the silver-medallist at Olympic, at 28 years old.

    4. Lee Wan Wah & Chung Tan Fook still able to be the ABC Champion at the age of 32.

    So, what statistic u are referring to?

  15. #899
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    want another bet for tc 2010???if yes...pm me...
    Why wait till 2010? Lets have a few side bets in 2009?? AE & WC?? Wanna put your money where your mouth is?? I say LCW wont win either.

    And as for TC 2010, I say MAS wont be able to make the semis.

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy1-70623
    hehe...11 ss to go...
    Thats why its gonna be sweet. Be a good loser ok.

  16. #900
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    1. Foo Kok Keong won the Asian Badminton Championship in the year 1994 at the age of 31.

    2. Razif Sidek & Jalaini Sidek won the same title at the age of 30 and 29 respectively.

    3. Cheah Soon Kit , the silver-medallist at Olympic, at 28 years old.

    4. Lee Wan Wah & Chung Tan Fook still able to be the ABC Champion at the age of 32.

    So, what statistic u are referring to?
    Dato, lets compare apple with apple. LCW is a singles player. So, lets leave out those doubles players.

    Is the Asian Badminton Championship a major title , equivalent to the SS?

  17. #901
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Dato, lets compare apple with apple. LCW is a singles player. So, lets leave out those doubles players.

    Is the Asian Badminton Championship a major title , equivalent to the SS?
    Since Asia players is dominating the badminton sports, ABC is certainly a big title. Would u deny it?

    When u win the European Champions in badminton sports, i would say it's nothing because almost all good badminton players are from asia country.

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 804
    : 04-14-2014, 10:25 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •