User Tag List

Page 55 of 590 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 105 155 555 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FKK is not a great player. (He is a good player who will be remembered for his never-say-die spirit, for his goldfish-like face gulping for air and his shoelace-tying delaying tactics.) I deem it an insult to Frost and Gade to compare them with FKK. He is a bit comparable to Kenneth Jonassen, I think.

But Dato Asbullah's main point is ... here is a Malaysian singles player who played at his peak even to his late 20s / early 30s ... of course his peak is no where near Frost and Gade.

I want to add that even WCH is not too far off his peak in his early 30s.

That said, I don't think LCW will play at his current level in his 30s, though I would be glad to be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    In the same vein, can I say the same to you with your; 'Just because some European countries have won in WS and Olympics does not mean that Europe can compare with Asia. Asia is far ahead'.

Should I tell you that you too should resist taking a dig at Europe and stop being sour grapes and all?

Can we have a meaningful discussion and not be so sensitive? And by the way, as a Malaysian, I believe I have the right to state the obvious. You just need to grow up a little and accept them facts which is we have never won an Olympic gold or WC.

Again, lets not be so sensitive. Like you have said 'if only' blah blah & blah
    I think a meaningful discussion is impossible. *hibernate*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FKK was a honest player. The man fought against all odds to give Malaysia a point in that Thomas Cup final. So, there is no insult to compare FKK to Frost or Gade. One has to be greatly disillusioned to think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    I think a meaningful discussion is impossible. *hibernate*
    Agree, especially when one is unable to accept facts.

Close the door on your way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(looking around for the door)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont blame you if you dont get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then in the same vein, you may as well include Ong Ewe Hock because at 29 he won the MO in 2001

Question is do you consider FKK & OEH as good as Morten Frost or Peter Gade in ther late 20s/early30s?
    I am afraid that we are talking on the issue of 'all mas shuttlers go down hill at the late 20's''.

I dont know why the name such as Morten Frost / Pete Gade appears..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FKK was a honest player. The man fought against all odds to give Malaysia a point in that Thomas Cup final. So, there is no insult to compare FKK to Frost or Gade. One has to be greatly disillusioned to think so.
    Compare this to LCW who is a totally dishonest player. He did not fight at all to give Malaysia points in the Thomas Cup. His opponents just gave up facing such a dishonest player. Oh yes, you must be insane to compare him to LD and Taufik.

Look at FKK. At least he won the ABC. And honestly, too.

(Damn, I really must find that door.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    I am afraid that we are talking on the issue of 'all mas shuttlers go down hill at the late 20's''.
    I got no probs if you think FKK at aged 31 won the ABC proved that he was not on the slide down. But then you agree that the ABC is a tourney where the top players are generally missing. Other than the ABC what has FKK won when he was between 28 - till he retired?

If you consider that one title as proof that our MAS shuttlers are not on the downhill once they hit their late 20s, I mean its cool with me. Infact, I would say based on your theory Ong Ewe Hock is another 'successful' MAS shuttler because he won the MO when he was 29.

I dont know why the name such as Morten Frost / Pete Gade appears..
    Because they were my benchmark when gauging successful shuttlers from their late 20s onwards .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare this to LCW who is a totally dishonest player. He did not fight at all to give Malaysia points in the Thomas Cup. His opponents just gave up facing such a dishonest player. Oh yes, you must be insane to compare him to LD and Taufik.

Look at FKK. At least he won the ABC. And honestly, too.

(Damn, I really must find that door.)
    Damn, you need more than finding that door. You need to stop sulking.

Now, who is saying that LCW is a totally dishonest player here?? Are you on medication or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Gade and Frost, FKK was honest, even in his 30s. At least give him that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Gade and Frost, FKK was honest, even in his 30s. At least give him that.
    Dude, who is saying FKK was a dishonest player??
    My take on the man below:-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, you need more than finding that door. You need to stop sulking.

Now, who is saying that LCW is a totally dishonest player here?? Are you on medication or something?
    *sulk*

Me, I just did. Yes.

Oh man, it's time to go home when your posts become pointless (referring to myself, ok?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also quite an honest player (except for the moments when I was cheating). I can't say I got a point for Malaysia in the Thomas Cup, but the odds are really, really stacked against me. I mean it's like taking down the Great Wall with a fork. That should count for something. So yes, maybe I am not being disillusioned to start comparing myself to Gade and Frost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussions like this are like cigarettes. You take a puff and it's hard to quit. All these tar is bad for health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tourney is heavy, in terms of price money. Without CHN (especially LD), I dont think the title is as heavy as you think.
    It is not only a single tournament, it is a series, where you have to produce consistent results in many tournaments during the year :-)

He won the overall points standing 2008 over all SS tournaments as well..

/Twobeer

P.S. Hopefully LD will be back soon, so we get some wonderful battles between him and LCW.. :-) D.S.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..the important Sudirman Cup (which is happening this yr) & the Asian Games.
    In retrospect, in Pemuda's and Dato Asbullah's eyes, winning any of these major titles would probably equate to winning several Super Series tourneys.
    Nah...the Asian Games isn't high on the priority list anyway. Look at Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. They have won the Asian Games 2006 and All-England 2007 and have yet to convince us that they are one of the world top 3 pair.