User Tag List

Page 564 of 665 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 614 664 ... LastLast
Results 9,572 to 9,588 of 11300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the papers yesterday, LCW will be entering politics after retirement - so no problem for the great
    man in future - hopefully he joined the right party and become the Minister of Sports.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    In the papers yesterday, LCW will be entering politics after retirement - so no problem for the great
    man in future - hopefully he joined the right party and become the Minister of Sports.
    probably from hero to zero.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being a sporting personality is not a good grounding for politics where people are out to scrutinise every word you utter.

Can't be many examples of sports persons turned established politicians - Lord Coe is one example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless he's LYB LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    If Nadal and any other top tennis players said this comment, they must laugh to death... why a top player in this sport could have his fitness gone just by one single match??? This badminton sport must be a laughing stock....

Personally, I do hope LCW could win at least one WC. He deserves if if from badminton technique and devotion. Yet once again, he just keep himself away from the trophy by his mental and badminton intelligence.

Ask any pro-tennis player, as a top professional player, you must be prepared to play a whole week of toughest matches under the worst environment (like home court pressure or away court disadvantages). This is a basic for being a pro..

give me a reason why badminton player is assumed to be like a greenhouse child, not able to take on the storm, heat and other severe weather like players of all other sports??
    Marc Zwiebler suffered the similiar scenario against DPY in Lining SO 2013 too. BTW AC is not switched off.

Anyway, such scenario do happens in any sports. May the stronger player wins.
    8:00 PM MS - 21-18 12-21 21-19 1:10
    7. Followed by MS - 23-21 11-8 Retired 0:31

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBEdrummerAK View Post
    I really doubt there was some conspiracy to make sure these two were paired up in the finals. I mean, LD got in on a wild card, probably due to the fact that he was the defending champ. And the way he played certainly showed that he deserved to be there, despite not playing in hardly any tournaments this past year.
    1. The conspiracy is there. It's just you who can't see it.
    2. If that's the case, surely after this whoever has the world title should be given wildcard just to be fair. Men's Double Olympic Gold Medalist on 2008 should be given a chance also IMO. Why MK/HS don't deserve the same thing? Why aren't they even listed in the draw? Because of MK's wife gave birth? Yeah right....

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    don't think so.... if we don't mention this .... who knows LCW might suicide before losing or when LD has match point next time.....

he should learn to keep the drama a bit more to himself .... or something really bad could happen if we don't limit his actions in these high profile matches....
    What on earth did the guy do to your sorry arse? He's lost and he can choose which ever way he wanted to lose it. I don't get it. Why a super fan of LD came here and mock a 'friend' of LD? LD's been trying to show the world both of them are best friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangie View Post
    Marc Zwiebler suffered the similiar scenario against DPY in Lining SO 2013 too. BTW AC is not switched off.

Cramp during competition is not uncommon in sports, but there are many reasons for it. Yet claiming that a top players fitness be easily gone by a single match is unbelievable...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    If Nadal and any other top tennis players said this comment, they must laugh to death... why a top player in this sport could have his fitness gone just by one single match??? This badminton sport must be a laughing stock....

Personally, I do hope LCW could win at least one WC. He deserves if if from badminton technique and devotion. Yet once again, he just keep himself away from the trophy by his mental and badminton intelligence.

Ask any pro-tennis player, as a top professional player, you must be prepared to play a whole week of toughest matches under the worst environment (like home court pressure or away court disadvantages). This is a basic for being a pro..

give me a reason why badminton player is assumed to be like a greenhouse child, not able to take on the storm, heat and other severe weather like players of all other sports??
    More the other way around - no sport (apart from American Football) has as many breaks as Tennis. In addition, Tennis players get a break day between matches, so there's really no comparison.
    There had been a study comparing MS players in both Tennis and Badminton (distance run, time played, breaks), and it really didn't look so hot for the Tennis players, although one has to admit that it's an old one and the game has changed since then.
    Also, didn't Nadal take like an 8-month-break after his match against Djokovic at the AO? I'm pretty certain he would not laugh at LCW for being spent after 2 tought matches in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cramps suffered by players are associated with their fitness level.
    The not so fit players tend to get cramp if they play too much with too short resting time.
    Or was it like a race car with too much octane that blew a ring? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry double post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case if you guys are unaware, LCW about to play mixed doubles in IBL, pairing Tine Baun! Who would have thought that!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW partnering Tine. Wow!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They took the first game

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cramps are also associated with athletes losing too much minerals by sweating, which basically results in disruptions of the brain's signals. Afaik, medicine isn't quite clear on what exactly causes cramps. Some people seem to have a tendency towards them while others don't - similar to migraines, I believe. However I don't recall there being an explanation for why that is so.
    I, for example, can not remember ever getting a 'real' cramp - part of my calf muscle hardened and ached at times, but I never had one so bad I fell down and couldn't move or sth, no matter how hard I trained or pushed myself in competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangie View Post

Allen Iverson - The anklebreaker

Du Pengyu - The quadkiller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a lot of silliness since the World Championships, but even within all of those, this one takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    1. The conspiracy is there. It's just you who can't see it.
    As was mentioned to you already, there was a random draw, in which Chen Long and Lee Chongwei couldn't have been put in the same half. I'd like to ask how you would have overcome this basic rule.

You don't have a conspiracy, you have a conspiracy theory. We are however, in agreement with one thing: the rest of us don't see your conspiracy.

2. If that's the case, surely after this whoever has the world title should be given wildcard just to be fair. Men's Double Olympic Gold Medalist on 2008 should be given a chance also IMO. Why MK/HS don't deserve the same thing? Why aren't they even listed in the draw? Because of MK's wife gave birth? Yeah right....
    I'm sorry, did Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan win the 2012 Olympics? No? Then the reason for granting them entry would be because...?

Furthermore, in another thread one thunder.tw called the granting of wildcard to Lin Dan arbitrary and compared it to strippers and other sillyness.

And here I thought they were granting it to the two time defending Olympic Champion, four times World Championship winner and the greatest player ever to play the game. I thought that set the bar quite high actually. But clearly to some my standards are too low.

Now another fool is out with more of the same. Please enlighten me on how Kido and Setiawan's accomplishments remotely come close to Lin Dan when stacked next to each other.

What on earth did the guy do to your sorry arse? He's lost and he can choose which ever way he wanted to lose it. I don't get it. Why a super fan of LD came here and mock a 'friend' of LD? LD's been trying to show the world both of them are best friends.
    Lin Dan doesn't speak for his fans, or the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Cramps are also associated with athletes losing too much minerals by sweating, which basically results in disruptions of the brain's signals. Afaik, medicine isn't quite clear on what exactly causes cramps. Some people seem to have a tendency towards them while others don't - similar to migraines, I believe. However I don't recall there being an explanation for why that is so.
    I, for example, can not remember ever getting a 'real' cramp - part of my calf muscle hardened and ached at times, but I never had one so bad I fell down and couldn't move or sth, no matter how hard I trained or pushed myself in competition.
    Try playing with LD and you may experience something new or
    ask those who have played with him LOL