User Tag List

Page 571 of 590 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,707 of 10018
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee chong wei in 25(2007) years old wont be able to beat chen long of 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

win or lose it's definite. luck can contribute but strength is the main factor. u can't race a Bugatti and Ferrari and say the Ferrari lost coz he's unlucky.

LCW can do it. go go LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw DLCW at Zouk KL partying yesterday night....driving his spanking new Mercedes A45 AMG...nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

party party party... no need to beat chen long/lin dan already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long is just too good for LCW. I'm afraid if CL is active this year, LCW will loose his #1 world ranking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    Chen Long is just too good for LCW. I'm afraid if CL is active this year, LCW will loose his #1 world ranking.
    If LCW continue to participate in all tournaments like he has been, he may still be able to maintain his number one position for a while. China is unique in that they have too many players. Their players like CL will not have the opportunity to participate in all the competitions . Even if CL will to enter into final to face another of his compatriot in a non major competition , LYB will likely ask him to let his compatriot walk over so that his compatriot could earn enough points for seeding calculations. So LCW's world number one ranking should still be safe for a while.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disapoointing start for Lee Chong Wei year 2014, again lost straight set to Chen Long .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW seems found very difficult to play against the Chinese players nowadays... looks like he need the back ups to assist him finish them off, or else...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    LCW seems found very difficult to play against the Chinese players nowadays... looks like he need the back ups to assist him finish them off, or else...
    As we malaysian like to say - sudah tua la!/too old la!
    Anyway LCW main target these days is to earn as much as possible since CL
    and LD not too bothered about SS tournaments and LYB likes to rotate his
    players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    As we malaysian like to say - sudah tua la!/too old la!
    Anyway LCW main target these days is to earn as much as possible since CL
    and LD not too bothered about SS tournaments and LYB likes to rotate his
    players.
    'LCW main target these days is to earn as much as possible'...finally you and me are on the same page we agree on the same thing, that is really scary....perhaps there is wisdom that comes with soon being senior citizen's or entering old age like you and me LOL
    Fans are so into beating CL or LCW could not beat CL anymore, etc...it all comes down to $$, reap as much as possible from all sources and laugh all the way to Maybank...last year DLCW won US$292K plus plenty more side $$, the US$ is far more important than those medals. Winning a major like WC or OLY would increase the wealth much much more. So let the fans b*tch all the want, go party, drive those Mercedes Ferrari and kaching those US$ while the going is still good for a few more years to come...time is sure good for a Form 3 dropout to have the tax-payers of MAS paying you handsomely and the politicians kissing you butt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't have old age or wisdom on my side , and I have felt this way about Lee Chong Wei for some time which is why I have never liked him.

With Chinese players (maybe Lin Dan is an exception), you know that if they're really all into it, it must be because of the sport because they hardly get to keep any prize money and endorsements are scarce - speaking for myself personally, that makes it much easier to root for them.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Well, I don't have old age or wisdom on my side , and I have felt this way about Lee Chong Wei for some time which is why I have never liked him.

With Chinese players (maybe Lin Dan is an exception), you know that if they're really all into it, it must be because of the sport because they hardly get to keep any prize money and endorsements are scarce - speaking for myself personally, that makes it much easier to root for them.
    Not so sure about the prize money. The association takes a substantial cut, but I once heard it was a third - 66% wouldn't count as keeping 'hardly any'. Still, LCW has been into the sport for a long time, and didn't earn big bucks until (kind of) recently, probably 2008/2009, yet he spent years and years training many hours a day. That he gets to enjoy the benefits now is really not an issue for me. I still like seeing him play, even more so now that he has some confidence and shows off a little at times - makes the game more interesting! While his opponents won't appreciate it, it certainly entertains me, and that's what sports is about, really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Not so sure about the prize money. The association takes a substantial cut, but I once heard it was a third - 66% wouldn't count as keeping 'hardly any'. Still, LCW has been into the sport for a long time, and didn't earn big bucks until (kind of) recently, probably 2008/2009, yet he spent years and years training many hours a day. That he gets to enjoy the benefits now is really not an issue for me. I still like seeing him play, even more so now that he has some confidence and shows off a little at times - makes the game more interesting! While his opponents won't appreciate it, it certainly entertains me, and that's what sports is about, really.
    I had no idea the association only took a third (maybe someone who's really in the know can make a definite clarification?) - I was under the impression that it was much, much more based on what I've heard it's like in other sports. If the Chinese badminton players get to keep 66%, I'm glad - it often seems like they really give their all when it comes to winning (that is, when there's none of all this playing to lose and intentional walkovers), and all this while I've been thinking, what a shame, all that getting put through the wringer and they don't even get to enjoy the fruits of their labour!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post

when he spend some time to attend some event/function with the Blue
    he will get more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what are the rest of the squad doing. LCW is really carrying the burden now, the only M'sian in top form. It is said by LCW that he worries about Thomas Cup qualification. If this continues, M'sia can kiss this national sport goodbye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    I wonder what are the rest of the squad doing. LCW is really carrying the burden now, the only M'sian in top form. It is said by LCW that he worries about Thomas Cup qualification. If this continues, M'sia can kiss this national sport goodbye.
    Dato is frustrated that he is the only savior of MAS badminton (I agree that is so true), and that he wants the others to pick up the slack, sure he worries about the state of MAS badminton and voiced out now. Why doesn't he speak up and blast those nutcase (NCC, Kenny, Nadzmi) who were running BAM into the ground and squandered the funding concentrating on Dato and TBH/KKK, and pay no attention to the junior players, no backup plan at all.
    Now that TBH/KKK can be put to pasture and Dato is entering 'senior citizen' age in pro-badminton life, BAM starts to send out the other MD and MS players to play, isn't that too late for these chaps. Sure LCW and TBH/KKK are talented, but because BAM used up the funding to develop them that they get to gain those experiences at the expense of the other players, talk about double standard, when you are so freaking spoiled, it is easy to blame others, and those nutcase get off scotch-free, and not a single word was said to blame them. MAS Boleh!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Dato is frustrated that he is the only savior of MAS badminton (I agree that is so true), and that he wants the others to pick up the slack, sure he worries about the state of MAS badminton and voiced out now. Why doesn't he speak up and blast those nutcase (NCC, Kenny, Nadzmi) who were running BAM into the ground and squandered the funding concentrating on Dato and TBH/KKK, and pay no attention to the junior players, no backup plan at all.
    Now that TBH/KKK can be put to pasture and Dato is entering 'senior citizen' age in pro-badminton life, BAM starts to send out the other MD and MS players to play, isn't that too late for these chaps. Sure LCW and TBH/KKK are talented, but because BAM used up the funding to develop them that they get to gain those experiences at the expense of the other players, talk about double standard, when you are so freaking spoiled, it is easy to blame others, and those nutcase get off scotch-free, and not a single word was said to blame them. MAS Boleh!!
    i think LCW is better go retirement and start a coach career to help up his juniors just like Xia Xuanze did...