User Tag List

Page 572 of 666 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 622 ... LastLast
Results 9,708 to 9,724 of 11318
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xia xuan Ze can retired ,due to Lin dan , Chen Jin , Du Peng yu and Chen Long to take over.

Lee Chong Wei , nobody to take over him!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2014 will be a year to forget for LCW coz he won't retain his 6 SS titles. It's the end of LCW's era and the beginning of CL's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    2014 will be a year to forget for LCW coz he won't retain his 6 SS titles. It's the end of LCW's era and the beginning of CL's

Don't think so, Super series is not important for lcw anymore, he will only go all out for major title. Before Olympics how many encounters has lcw lost to CL ???But when Olympics came , lcw pawned CL like a kid. Obviously,he is holding back. We shall see again when it comes to wordchampionship. I believe LCW will crown.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    'LCW main target these days is to earn as much as possible'...finally you and me are on the same page we agree on the same thing, that is really scary....perhaps there is wisdom that comes with soon being senior citizen's or entering old age like you and me LOL
    Fans are so into beating CL or LCW could not beat CL anymore, etc...it all comes down to $$, reap as much as possible from all sources and laugh all the way to Maybank...last year DLCW won US$292K plus plenty more side $$, the US$ is far more important than those medals. Winning a major like WC or OLY would increase the wealth much much more. So let the fans b*tch all the want, go party, drive those Mercedes Ferrari and kaching those US$ while the going is still good for a few more years to come...time is sure good for a Form 3 dropout to have the tax-payers of MAS paying you handsomely and the politicians kissing you butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Not so sure about the prize money. The association takes a substantial cut, but I once heard it was a third - 66% wouldn't count as keeping 'hardly any'. Still, LCW has been into the sport for a long time, and didn't earn big bucks until (kind of) recently, probably 2008/2009, yet he spent years and years training many hours a day. That he gets to enjoy the benefits now is really not an issue for me. I still like seeing him play, even more so now that he has some confidence and shows off a little at times - makes the game more interesting! While his opponents won't appreciate it, it certainly entertains me, and that's what sports is about, really.
    prize money is just a small part of his earnings. yes, those US$292k is nice, even after discount. but look at how he spends, brand new super cars regularly, just those he cannot cover by prize money alone. fact is that he is (or his brother, as i was told) is a great businessman. using his fame to his full advantage, he has investments and also lots of advertising deals. big advertising banner of him are everywhere in Malaysia. prize money is just a drop in the bucket.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    Don't think so, Super series is not important for lcw anymore, he will only go all out for major title. Before Olympics how many encounters has lcw lost to CL ???But when Olympics came , lcw pawned CL like a kid. Obviously,he is holding back. We shall see again when it comes to wordchampionship. I believe LCW will crown.
    it will be really funny if he loses again to CL this week in his home event - Malaysia open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont be surprised if he lost to CL in MAS OPEN. Nothing for him to proved already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    I wont be surprised if he lost to CL in MAS OPEN. Nothing for him to proved already.
    A tiny bird is telling me that CL may be ousted by his bogey player TS and
    LCW will again destroy TS in the final and good money again for the world no 1.
    Badminton is a strange sport sometimes...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    prize money is just a small part of his earnings. yes, those US$292k is nice, even after discount. but look at how he spends, brand new super cars regularly, just those he cannot cover by prize money alone. fact is that he is (or his brother, as i was told) is a great businessman. using his fame to his full advantage, he has investments and also lots of advertising deals. big advertising banner of him are everywhere in Malaysia. prize money is just a drop in the bucket.
    The prize money is minor and only what is published to feed public consumption...I also said 'plenty more side $$' from product ambassadors, BAM bonus, book deal, and private connections/business, and the amount is huge.
    I don't think anyone would dispute LCW earns his fortune on merit and hardwork, he rightfully deserves it. He happens to play for the right country that the wanting to win to save and justify those stooges and yawning coaches job resulted in LCW reaping the priviledges and good fortune that came his way. How many fellow Malaysian can pick up the phone and dial the PM's wife? That is connection and power at the highest level.
    My point is this is not the badminton played by the Tan Aik Huangs and Punch of yesteryears that those chaps played for pride and nation, but today MAS fans are so into who beat the sh*t out of who.
    This is 21st century PRO-badminton, huge funding for BAM stooges to mispend/mismanage and big USD money to dish out for LCW, coaches and management. LCW wins SS, jobs are safe and the circus goes on. Fans including my fellow Malaysians are so into whether LCW can beat CL or the entire CHN team, today it is all about reaping as much $$$ before sunset and call it a day. The opportunity and pot of gold is all there, grab them before time runs out and the cupboard is bare.
    For LCW to being frustrated with his fellow teammates for not playing up to his level and MAS fans alike mocking Hoon for being fatty, etc. that is misguided, those players don't have the same opportunity as LCW. Only when LCW is aging and TBH/KKK are hopeless, then the other players are given the opportunity.
    I have posted many times, that those players who play pro-baddy and go nowhere, unless they come from a well todo family, what other job prospect do they have and how are they gonna retire when they are no longer welcome at BAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching recent Korean SS and Rashid didn't even do much to help LCW. I mean, does LCW need a coach to tell him what to do at his level? I guess no. I look at other opponents' coaches, they gave instructions and advise almost the full length of time. Maybe, LCW wants someone to accompany him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that Rashid not doing much to help LCW but that dude is completely clue out, dunno what to say, cannot teach lah, he was on courtside watching the game just like the spectators or you and me on Live TV. But I say Rashid is 'tersangat pandai', almost near genious level, not as a coach but smart enough that when Tengku/TAM appoint him to coach the level B MS players and not LCW, he rather resign than to take up that impossible task as he knows that is a suicide mission, and he will lose LCW and the golden rice bowl. So stay with LCW, LCW wins SS and Rashid got credit as coach and bonus US$...pandai lah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Not that Rashid not doing much to help LCW but that dude is completely clue out, dunno what to say, cannot teach lah, he was on courtside watching the game just like the spectators or you and me on Live TV. But I say Rashid is 'tersangat pandai', almost near genious level, not as a coach but smart enough that when Tengku/TAM appoint him to coach the level B MS players and not LCW, he rather resign than to take up that impossible task as he knows that is a suicide mission, and he will lose LCW and the golden rice bowl. So stay with LCW, LCW wins SS and Rashid got credit as coach and bonus US$...pandai lah.
    And as long as LCW can play and win $$$, he will not retire.
    And I don't think LCW is frustrated at all that his team mates are clowns and
    failing as this make him continuously important to Bam and he can continue
    to milk them.
    Having said that, LCW deserved what ever he can milk from the game
    and Bam for his hard work and dedication - his one smart dude cos he
    knows his limitation these days and he will not kill himself to beat CL and
    jeorpadise his playing health and longetivity.
    He used to be just a Badminton player, today he is a business minded
    professional player and businessman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    And as long as LCW can play and win $$$, he will not retire.
    And I don't think LCW is frustrated at all that his team mates are clowns and
    failing as this make him continuously important to Bam and he can continue
    to milk them.
    Having said that, LCW deserved what ever he can milk from the game
    and Bam for his hard work and dedication - his one smart dude cos he
    knows his limitation these days and he will not kill himself to beat CL and
    jeorpadise his playing health and longetivity.
    He used to be just a Badminton player, today he is a business minded
    professional player and businessman.
    It is getting scarier every time I read your post now...we are thinking alike, agree with all you post here.
    Are you sure we are not related, like my long lost bro'
    It is business first milking the cow as long as the cow is still there producing milk....glorifying the nation and drapping the flag on the shoulder on the podium ahem is shownmanship and bring in even more ringgit as it appease the politicians, that is second thought
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-13-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bogeyman TS = Tommy Sugiarto?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chong Wei: I lost to a better player

Chong Wei: I lost to a better player

Rajes PaulThe Star/Asia News Network
    Monday, Jan 13, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR - World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has promised to bounce back stronger at the Malaysian Open after failing to get off to a dream start in the season-opening Korean Open in Seoul.

The 31-year-old shuttler went down 14-21, 15-21 to China's Chen Long in Sunday's 56-minute men's singles final, thus crushing his hopes of winning the Korean Open for the fourth time.

It was Chen Long's eighth win over Chong Wei in 15 meetings - and his fourth consecutive victory over the Malaysian - in a period of 14 months.

The powerful Chen Long, who is trying to fill in the shoes of five-time world champion Lin Dan, produced an efficient display to give himself an early 25th birthday present.

Chen Long, who turns 25 on Jan 18, accelerated to a 7-0 first-game lead in just six minutes - showcasing his brilliance at the net and superb execution of smashes from the baseline.

Chong Wei recovered from the horrendous start to show plenty of urgency midway through the game. However, it wasn't enough to prevent the pumped-up Chen Long from nailing the opener.

A rejuvenated Chong Wei stepped up his game to take an impressive 10-6 lead in the second game but Chen Long refused to back down.

The China shuttler charged back into the game to level the score at 13-13 and kept pushing Chong Wei deeper into all kinds of trouble before romping home to his first Korean Open title - and show the world that he is ready to dominate the season.
    Two-time Olympic Games silver medallist Chong Wei did not offer any excuses for his defeat.

"I lost to a better player. Chen Long played well. I was quite impatient in the opening game and made some errors,"
    said Chong Wei in a telephone conversation after the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

How many times had TS beat CL? To what level he deserves to be a "bogey" player to CL?

What I could find from BWF record of H2H is CL 6 : TS 1....
    Last edited by Jonc108; 01-15-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Chong Wei: I lost to a better player

Rajes PaulThe Star/Asia News Network
    Monday, Jan 13, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR - World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has promised to bounce back stronger at the Malaysian Open after failing to get off to a dream start in the season-opening Korean Open in Seoul.

The 31-year-old shuttler went down 14-21, 15-21 to China's Chen Long in Sunday's 56-minute men's singles final, thus crushing his hopes of winning the Korean Open for the fourth time.

It was Chen Long's eighth win over Chong Wei in 15 meetings - and his fourth consecutive victory over the Malaysian - in a period of 14 months.

The powerful Chen Long, who is trying to fill in the shoes of five-time world champion Lin Dan, produced an efficient display to give himself an early 25th birthday present.

Chen Long, who turns 25 on Jan 18, accelerated to a 7-0 first-game lead in just six minutes - showcasing his brilliance at the net and superb execution of smashes from the baseline.

Chong Wei recovered from the horrendous start to show plenty of urgency midway through the game. However, it wasn't enough to prevent the pumped-up Chen Long from nailing the opener.

A rejuvenated Chong Wei stepped up his game to take an impressive 10-6 lead in the second game but Chen Long refused to back down.

The China shuttler charged back into the game to level the score at 13-13 and kept pushing Chong Wei deeper into all kinds of trouble before romping home to his first Korean Open title - and show the world that he is ready to dominate the season.
    Two-time Olympic Games silver medallist Chong Wei did not offer any excuses for his defeat.

"I lost to a better player. Chen Long played well. I was quite impatient in the opening game and made some errors,"
    said Chong Wei in a telephone conversation after the match.
    It's difficult to find any excuse if you lost 4 times in a row to the same player within 14 months, all in 0:2, particularly if you watch this latest loss in Korean SS finals...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully his plan was to save his energy for his 10th consecutive Malaysian Open win.
    Last edited by visor; 01-15-2014 at 12:00 PM.