User Tag List

Page 579 of 613 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... LastLast
Results 9,827 to 9,843 of 10417
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Chong Wei donates racquet to good cause

http://www.bt.com.bn/sports-national...uet-good-cause

Excerpts:

...Chong Wei gave away the racquet that was used to win his 10th Malaysian Open title to kick-start the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) Equipment Donation Project yesterday.

“I can picture a child from a poorer nation holding my racquet. It is a good way to encourage the children to play the game and promote the sport,” said Chong Wei, who handed over the racquet with his initials to BWF’s representatives on Friday. Several other Malaysian players also contributed.
    his racquet cloud has been sold for more $$$ and help these children life & get them cheaper racquets for begineer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee chong wei say he injured his leg~~~lol~~~
    he said lindan do most of the smash.<===he must have wrong memory or i watch wrong match!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, strange statements from him lately. First he lied about having never played doubles in the past, and now this...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liiil View Post
    Yes, strange statements from him lately. First he lied about having never played doubles in the past, and now this...
    I guess it must be wrong interpretation, no reason for him to lie, anyhow datuklee has limited vocab... No disrespect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he want to keep it low of himself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to be very nervous everytime he gives an interview as if he has to explain or justify himself. He has no reason to lie, of course, but these statements only confuse his fans and supporters.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liiil View Post
    He seems to be very nervous everytime he gives an interview as if he has to explain or justify himself. He has no reason to lie, of course, but these statements only confuse his fans and supporters.
    i am not sure its because of Asian culture which are more conservative, i found that Asian athlete generally are more reserve / nervous during interview...

on the contrary i find that american athlete even at high school age seems to enjoy the limelight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably true in general, however most Chinese, Korean and some Indonesian players don't look that shy and nervous when passing an interview. Take LD, CL, THW, LYD - sometimes they give an in-depth analysis of the match similar to European players, whereas modest guys like LCW or NTM just say they were happy to win and thank the crowd for support. Was LCW interviewed in Chinese when he said about LD covering for him?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meanwhile.....

From the official Olympics youtube channel...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytjD4f_I0sc
    Lin Dan (CHN) v Lee Chong Wei (KOR) - Men's Badminton Singles

And you thought only BWF could do epic blunders???

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if this clears any doubt that LCW will or will not participate in RIO.

It is in Chinese, the question was how the reduction to 2 qualification spots per country in Rio affect him, LCW replies that it probably won't affect him (and Malaysia) that much, but he also diplomatically says he needs to takes things year by year (or step by step?). which pretty much means that Rio has not be shut from his mind and he is going to go for it.

and honestly given the current state of the other MS players in Malaysia, unlikely there will be anyone that will catch up with LCW in the next 2 years, and the qualification period starts next year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chong Wei may skip All-England

BY KNG ZHENG GUAN

Lee Chong Wei in a file photo. He will decide on Saturday if he is going to the All-England. – FAIHAN GHANI/The Star

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei may yet skip the All-England after all.
    The 31-year-old Chong Wei, who won the All-England twice in 2010 and 2011, has been troubled by an ankle injury the past week.
    Chong Wei was due to depart for Birmingham on Saturday. On Friday, he confirmed that he is still not fully recovered from the ankle (left) injury he picked up whilst playing in a doubles exhibition match with Lin Dan two weeks ago.
    “I have not made up my mind on whether I will make the trip to Birmingham. The injury is still bothering me and I will only make my decision tomorrow,” said Chong Wei, who is supposed to meet Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk in the first round.
    If the Penangite decides to pull out, China’s world No. 2 Chen Long will be almost certain to retain his title.
    Another player who is set to benefit is national No. 2 Chong Wei Feng.
    The scrawny Wei Feng who has yet to win a single match this year, losing in the first round of the Korean and Malaysian Opens, starts his All-England campaign against Germany’s Marc Zwiebler.
    The Kedahan however is unfortunately drawn to meet Chong Wei in the second round should he make it that far.
    Malaysia will also have Liew Daren and professional shuttlers Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkiffli in the fray although the trio will start from the qualifiers and will struggle to make the main draw.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BY KNG ZHENG GUAN

Lee Chong Wei in a file photo. He will decide on Saturday if he is going to the All-England. – FAIHAN GHANI/The Star

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei may yet skip the All-England after all.

The 31-year-old Chong Wei, who won the All-England twice in 2010 and 2011, has been troubled by an ankle injury the past week.

Chong Wei was due to depart for Birmingham on Saturday. On Friday, he confirmed that he is still not fully recovered from the ankle (left) injury he picked up whilst playing in a doubles exhibition match with Lin Dan two weeks ago.

“I have not made up my mind on whether I will make the trip to Birmingham. The injury is still bothering me and I will only make my decision tomorrow,” said Chong Wei, who is supposed to meet Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk in the first round.

If the Penangite decides to pull out, China’s world No. 2 Chen Long will be almost certain to retain his title.

The scrawny Wei Feng who has yet to win a single match this year, losing in the first round of the Korean and Malaysian Opens, starts his All-England campaign against Germany’s Marc Zwiebler.

The Kedahan however is unfortunately drawn to meet Chong Wei in the second round should he make it that far.

Malaysia will also have Liew Daren and professional shuttlers Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkiffli in the fray although the trio will start from the qualifiers and will struggle to make the main draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post

BY KNG ZHENG GUAN

it's better for him to skip All England in order to recover his ankle injury, some more let chong wei feng make path at least QF...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    it's better for him to skip All England in order to recover his ankle injury, some more let chong wei feng make path at least QF...
    datuklee already 32++ not easy to recover from injuries like younger days, better be careful lol

anyhow, will he get fine, for skipping premeir super series ???

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he should say this earlier~~~
    so CMF wont need to come out

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

All-England: It's a go for Chong Wei

by mervin menon
    Lee Chong Wei in training on Friday. He will meet Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in the first round of the All-England.

KUALA LUMPUR: It’s all systems go for world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei. He will be leaving for the All-England tournament on Saturday night.

The 31-year-old Penangite had on Friday stated that he may pull out of the tournament as he had not fully recovered from an ankle injury sustained two weeks ago during a doubles exhibition match with long-time rival Lin Dan of China.

Chong Wei, who won the All-England in 2010 and 2011, however deemed himself fit enough to compete after Saturday’s final training session at the Juara Stadium.

Although Chong Wei did not comment on the matter, national coach Tey Seu Bock confirmed his participation in the prestigious event.

“Chong Wei will be making the trip to play in the tournament,” said Seu Bock, declining to comment on the injury.

If all goes well for the singles shuttler, he will have a chance to exact revenge on world No. 2 Chen Long of China.

Chen Long defeated Chong Wei in last year’s All-England final, and again last month at the Korean Open final.

But first, the Malaysian ace will need to navigate past a tricky Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in the first round.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...for-Chong-Wei/
    Last edited by nokh88; 03-01-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Legend Gade offers Lee a warning

By Richard EATON | AFP News 13 hours ago

Long-time badminton legend Peter Gade has offered a respectful warning to world number one Lee Chong Wei about what is needed to prolong his career.

The 31-year-old Malaysian hopes to regain the All-England Open title this week, but has talked of relinquishing an attempt at another Olympic medal at Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and of retiring this year.

That would disappoint millions of Malaysians and countless others everywhere, who hope Lee might have another shot at winning his country's first gold medal in any Olympic sport.

Gade has a view which might make this possible. Lee cannot compete as frequently as he has been and must either take a break or stop, says the former world number one from Denmark, who knows more about prolonging a singles career than any other player in the world.

Gade competed longer than anyone at the highest level, retiring soon after the London Olympics at the age of 36, many years beyond that of any other leading player.

"Lee Chong Wei is giving it everything and he will feel 'how far will I want to go'", Gade said. "He will want to push whatever he's got for his body and his mind.

"But to be on top form and produce good results week after week is extremely difficult, and you won't see many athletes doing that. So I have a lot of respect that he is playing most of the tournaments. He is also playing his best when he plays.

"Lin Dan is in a different situation - where he can make choices,"
    Gade added, referring to the exceptional Chinese player who overcame Lee in the last two Olympic finals and who competes only occasionally these days.

"Lin Dan is acting differently. I am not saying one player is wise and one is not wise. It's just that one is in a position where he can avoid the need to play tournaments.

"Lee Chong Wei may feel he has to play them. He will see if he can hold up for every event. That makes a difference in big matches: it affects your physical edge, motivation and energy.

"Lin Dan's response is wise.
    I know many people say he should play more tournaments, but there is a reason why he doesn't," Gade said, meaning that aiming for semi-finals and finals in every tournament would be tough for Lin too. He too will turn 31 this year.

Gade speculates on the influences which cause Lee Chong Wei's fuller schedule. "Maybe it's sponsors, a lot of different elements, pressure from association, and other pressures - I can't say for sure from the outside," he said.

"I won't say too much about that, but I do know what Chong Wei is doing is extremely tough, on the mind and the body. At some point he has to pull back and say 'either I stop or take a break'."