User Tag List

Page 311 of 590 FirstFirst ... 211 261 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,287 of 10018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/7/sports/8204094&sec=sports

Seu Bock relishes task to guide Chong Wei

PETALING JAYA: Tey Seu Bock has always been in the shadows when it comes to coaching.

But now that he has been trusted with a big responsibility to guide world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, the soft-spoken Seu Bock is ready to step up – especially in helping his charge to retain the title at the All-England, which begins on Wednesday in Birmingham.

The 38-year-old Seu Bock has been coaching Chong Wei for more than two months following the resignation of Misbun Sidek on Dec 31.

Misbun has yet to return even though there were positive indications that he would resume duties.

It is unsure when he would make up his mind on his future with the team and when he returns, whether he will continue coaching Chong Wei or some juniors in the national team.

Even Chong Wei, who was once quite uptight about the whole matter, had now resigned to the fact that life has to go on.

Seu Bock, who left with the team on Saturday, said that he was ready to play his part.

“I do not see myself as a replacement for Misbun. For now, Chong Wei needs a coach and Misbun needs a break and I am here to help. Both Chong Wei and I have an obligation to achieve good results for the country and that is our focus,” he said.

Of course, there will be pressure on myself. Misbun is a coach of calibre and has taken care of everything concerning Chong Wei. It is a big challenge for me but I am here to give my best support to him (Chong Wei).”
    Kudos to Tey Seu Bock for saying what he said.
    Life has to go on and it is hoped that all ends well for the good of Malaysian badminton.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow The BAM council meets on April 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/ojkpkopem_ew-2/Article

Badminton: Chong Wei to continue training with BAM

Misbun has not made a decision on his future with BAM and has until the end of this month to do so before the BAM council meets on April 1.
    I am laughing at this; Why? Because it looks like the BAM council is now focusing on how their organisation is run. People (players/coaches/members/etc, etc, ...) can wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Kudos to Tey Seu Bock for saying what he said.
    Life has to go on and it is hoped that all ends well for the good of Malaysian badminton.
    Tsb is a good guy don't worry

Even though I got introduced to him and met him only once,

I can see this guy is that kind of down to earth type when it comes to delivering his charges

similar to the Chinese say working ox, non stop until it's done type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If lcw does well, all is well. If lcw looses in early rounds. how? What do you reckon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe 2 possibilities here if lcw lost,

Either the press will look for an excuse and misbun's name would pop up once again

and the saga continues again ..

Or lcw will speaks up again he needs misbun by his side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so. who prefer lcw to loose? Who want him to win?

LD and CJ still looks good. I think lcw may 'purposely' loose early. lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM to press LCW-vs-LCW to press BAM

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Maybe 2 possibilities here if lcw lost,

Either the press will look for an excuse and misbun's name would pop up once again

and the saga continues again ..

Or lcw will speaks up again he needs misbun by his side
    Hahaha... If I were LCW, I would speak up again - to have Misbun at court-side.

This would reverse the pressure (BAM to press LCW-vs-LCW to press BAM).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Or Taufik could share Mulyo with him for a year, until OG2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Or Taufik could share Mulyo with him for a year, until OG2012.
    I believe that TH, being a good friend of LCW's, would share some tips with LCW on how to beat LD at the 2011 AE, should LCW and LD meet in the tournament.
    LCW did TH a favor by joining TH's club and played in the recent INA league and TH's club won the league's men's team title.
    Maybe Li Mao would also whisper some useful information should all his charges drop out early; LM just does not have any respect for LD. He called LD 'names' after the melee at the 2008 Korean Open MS title match between LD and LHI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/8/sports/8210528&sec=sports

Sportsman, Sportswoman of the Year award will have stiff competitions

KUALA LUMPUR: The competition for the National Sportsman and Sportswoman award is getting tougher by the year.

And with an improved number of athletes breaking the barriers at the Commonwealth and Asian Games last year, expect a tough call to name the winners for the National Sports Council’s (NSC) annual awards on March 15.

Yesterday, the selection panel reduced the number of nominees and in the men’s category, 11 athletes will vie for the award.

They are Lee Chong Wei (badminton), Mohd Azizulhasni Awang (cycling), Sazali Samad (bodybuilding), Norshahrul Idlan Talaha (football), Alex Liew (bowling), Mohd Qabil Ambak Mahamad Fathil (equestrian), S. Kumar (hockey), R. Puvaneswaren (karate), Daniel Bego (swimming), Bryan Nickson (diving) and Azlan Iskandar (squash).

A close contest is expected between All-England champion Chong Wei and World Cup winner Azizul for making waves on the international stage.

The two heavyweights will be strongly challenged by Alex, Puvaneswaren and Azlan, who achieved excellent results in the Asian Games.

Norshahrul has also played an instrumental role in the national football team, who gained some measure of respect for their exploits in several international tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39MUARA/Article

Badminton / All England: Chance for Chong Wei to end Lin Dan jinx

IT is going to be a battle royale between defending champion Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan of China in the All England, beginning today, as the latter looks to be in great shape since winning the Korea Open in January.

Lin Dan's easy victory in the German Open on Sunday, where he toyed with compatriot and world champion Chen Jin, is an indication that Chong Wei will face a harder time than in the Korea Open.

Chong Wei had stated before leaving for Birmingham that he was confident despite his rival's fine form.

It will not be much trouble for Chong Wei to clear the early hurdles where he will play Sho Sasaki of Japan in the first round, likely meet Bao Chunlai of China in the second round and a possible quarter-final tie with Simon Santoso of Indonesia.

This will be followed by a meeting with another familiar foe, Peter Gade Christensen of Denmark, who Chong Wei has beaten on numerous occasions and should do so again in the expected semi-final clash.

Lin Dan has no peers and his only resistance could come against Chen Jin in a likely semi-final encounter and after the German Open, the latter will not fancy his chances at all.

Chong Wei has never beaten Lin Dan in the All England as the four-time champion was shown an early exit in last year's campaign and the Malaysian downed Kenichi Tago to earn the title.

Chong Wei has to do it without coach Misbun Sidek this time but he seems to have settled down without his mentor for the last three months.

In fact, it is not Misbun's presence that will make a difference but Chong Wei's hunger for another All England title and his burning desire to topple Lin Dan in a major event for the first time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the best to this guy in the AE..
    hope he can retain the title that he won last year..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    All the best to this guy in the AE..
    hope he can retain the title that he won last year..
    With luck again with him as happened last edition, i am sure he can do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he is not addicted to the fish and chips and loose early.. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/9/sports/8215289&sec=sports

Chong Wei’s world No. 1 status under serious threat

PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei’s three-year reign as the top ranked player in the BWF World Super Series is under serious threat at the All-England, which begins today in Birmingham.

The Malaysian is at the risk of dropping one rung to the No. 2 spot in the Super Series ranking if he fails in the defence of the title and China’s Lin Dan takes the crown.

And with his status and pride at stake, expect a determined Chong Wei to go the extra mile in the championships.

The prestigious All-England is a Premier Super Series event and offers US$350,000 in prize money for the first time.

The rivalry has grown very close between Chong Wei and Lin Dan in the World Super Series with the Malaysian winning the season-opening event at home with Lin Dan closing in by defeating the world No. 1 in the final of the South Korea Open a week later.

In the past, Lin Dan had chosen to skip many of the Super Series tournaments but with BWF making it compulsory for all the top 10 players to compete, the badminton stage has suddenly become more competitive and exciting for the fans.

Barring any upsets, top seed Chong Wei and Lin Dan are expected to clash in the All-England final.

Chong Wei said that he had not lost the fire to win the All-England title for a second time but he would tread with caution on the way he approached his matches.

Of course, I would like to retain the title but the journey will not be easy.

“I have made mistakes in the past by putting too much pressure on myself from the start,
    ” he said.

I want to take it one day at a time. It’s getting tougher and tougher every year.”

Following the withdrawal of Japan’s Sho Sasaki, Chong Wei will take on qualifier Brice Leverdez of France in the first round today.

The others in his half of the draw include Indonesians Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso, China’s Bao Chunlai and Chen Long and Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen.

Third seed and four-time All-England champion Lin Dan meets veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann in the opening round and others in the half of the draw are second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, Chinese Chen Jin, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu, and South Korean Park Sung-hwan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    I hope he is not addicted to the fish and chips and loose early.. lol.
    So fast talk about losing early already? come on la, this is datuk lee.. not elite back up or whatever backup they called.. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'on LCW... Don't disappoint me... I subscribed the sports channel hoping to catch U live in the AE Final vs Lin Dan.... go go go LCW... BOLEH?