User Tag List

Page 312 of 606 FirstFirst ... 212 262 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 5,288 to 5,304 of 10295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rtm got live la... why waste mulla?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rtm just last minute cancel Pakistan v Malaysia Olympic 2012 match ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not rtm 's fault or anyone in malaysia. they say its the technical problem of the pakistani's... they are not capable...thats pathetic i say on the pakistanis... all those billions spent on guns bombs warplanes. and they cant even provide for a live football game...pathetic..

all armed to the teeth for what? kill each other ..and cant even stage a live soccer game

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    rtm just last minute cancel Pakistan v Malaysia Olympic 2012 match ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    its not rtm 's fault or anyone in malaysia. they say its the technical problem of the pakistani's... they are not capable...thats pathetic i say on the pakistanis... all those billions spent on guns bombs warplanes. and they cant even provide for a live football game...pathetic..

all armed to the teeth for what? kill each other ..and cant even stage a live soccer game
    Cool down cool down..... you must love soccer a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway ...... Malaysia qualify to next round .. story close

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL U guys talking about Pakistani soccer in LCW's thread... haha... so funny.... BOLEH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/10/sports/8226890&sec=sports

Chunlai looks dangerous in win over Sony

PETALING JAYA: It has been more than three years since China’s Bao Chunlai last tasted success against the more established Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia.

And the odds are against the lanky shuttler ending the losing streak. But coach Tey Seu Bock wants Chong Wei to be prepared for a stronger challenge.

In the first round yesterday, Chunlai blew away an injury-plagued Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia with a 21-10, 21-6 win in 29 minutes.

Barring any upset, the China No. 3 will play against top seed and defending champion Chong Wei today for a place in the quarter-finals. Chong Wei has a first-round opponent in Brice Leverdez of France.

Last year, Chunlai proved that he was far from being over the hill when he ousted compatriot and four-time champion Lin Dan to reach the semi-finals. But he was beaten to a place in the final by Kenichi Tago of Japan in three gruelling games.

Said Seu Bock: “It is wise to be prepared against Chunlai. He is quite inconsistent and we do not know when he will show his best side.

“In the All-England, every one saves their best and it is dangerous to take anyone for granted. Chong Wei’s condition is good here and he is looking forward to a good showing
    .”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the score (BCL vs Sony), I agree that BCL looks "dangerous"... hopefully LCW can pull it off.... BOLEH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Badminton_AllEnglandChampionships_Convincingstartf ordefendingchampChongWei/Article/

Badminton/All England Championships: Convincing start for defending champ Chong Wei

BIRMINGHAM: Datuk Lee Chong Wei flexed his muscles with a convincing win over Brice Leverdez of France to storm into the second round at the National Indoor Arena here last night.

Chong Wei, the defending champion, battled for just 23 minutes to secure a 21-9, 21-11 win over Leverdez in his opening game.
    His nemesis Lin Dan of China also made a confident start when he outplayed Malaysian veteran Wong Choong Hann 21-14, 21-17 in 30 minutes.

Chong Wei will meet Bao Chunlai of China, who registered a comfortable 21-10, 21-6 over Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia, today.

“This was a match I did not have to worry too much about.It gave me the chance to see how the hall plays," said Chong Wei.

"I consider tomorrow to be my first real test against Bao Chunlai. I have a good record against him but would never underestimate his ability.”

Lin Dan, who won the German Open on Sunday, will play Indonesian Dionisius Hayom Rumbaka, who overcame India's Ajay Jayram 21-17, 21-19, in the second round.

Lin Dan said he treats the All England as a normal tournament and downplayed his attempt at a fifth title this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Based on the score (BCL vs Sony), I agree that BCL looks "dangerous"... hopefully LCW can pull it off.... BOLEH
    SDK just back from injury...so his form is in doubt
    if LCW take BCL lightly, he will be in trouble.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict Datuk to win in 2 sets.. boleh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    wow... so confident? OK.... BOLEH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW beat BCL: 21-16; 21-16 in 42min... He was in cruise control throughout the match... who's next? Bring on Boonsak or LHI...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Did Datuk bet on the score as well? Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW beat BCL: 21-16; 21-16 in 42min... He was in cruise control throughout the match... who's next? Bring on Boonsak or LHI...
    but he wasnt happy before and after the match

Image AFP
    Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia returns to Bao Chunlai of China during their mens singles second round match during the All England Open Badminton Championships at The National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, central England on March 10, 2011

BIRMINGHAM, (AFP) - Angry Lee Chong Wei walked out without talking to journalists after being given little warning of his impending second round at the All-England Open championships on Thursday.

The defending champion from Malaysia was given little more than an hour's notice of his 10 a.m. match with China's Bao Chunlai, and was obliged to hurry from his hotel and compete without proper preparation.

The upsetting preliminaries made it all the more creditable that Lee achieved a 21-16, 21-16 victory over the dangerous Bao, who came within one point of reaching last year's final.

But there was a payback at the end of the match when Lee brushed past waiting media, giving the impression that he would return for post-match interviews after receiving physiotherapy.

He never did, which prompted an All-England spokesperson to make a statement defending the harrassed champion's hurry-in, hurry-out routine.

"In the circumstances we quite understand why he was not able to fulfill his obligations," he said. "But we will be reminding him what is necessary to do to help the tournament."

Lee's movement, even without proper warming up, was excellent. So was the variety with which he took the attack to Bao, a hard-to-read left-hander whose switches of direction and angle were hard to read.

Lee looked an even more complete player than while winning the All-England title for the first time last year, putting the shuttle emphatically on the floor when Bao lifted and cleared short, and tremendously quick in the mid-court exchanges.

His biggest moment of danger was when Bao reduced a six point deficit to two at 16-18 in the first game, at which stage the Chinese player failed to get a tumbling net shot over, and followed it with a service return into the net.

Bao also closed the deficit late in the second game, but his performance confirmed the impression of last year, that he has the talent to succeed at the highest level but that here there may have been a slight failure of temperament.

Earlier there was also a hint of controversy when both the all-Chinese women's singles failed to materialise.

Top-seeded Wang Shixian was given a walk-over by her team mate Liu Xin, who complained of a fungal big toe. Then Wang Xin, the third-seeded world runner-up, was also allowed to pass into the third round without wasting any energy.

This time her opponent was Li Xuerui, who is ranked seven places below her colleague, and in this instance the ailment was described as a bad back.
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 03-10-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It's great that LCW still managed to win

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Earlier there was also a hint of controversy when both the all-Chinese women's singles failed to materialise.

Top-seeded Wang Shixian was given a walk-over by her team mate Liu Xin, who complained of a fungal big toe. Then Wang Xin, the third-seeded world runner-up, was also allowed to pass into the third round without wasting any energy.

This time her opponent was Li Xuerui, who is ranked seven places below her colleague, and in this instance the ailment was described as a bad back.
    It's great that LCW still managed to win.

What I am concerned about are the Walkovers given from CHN players to other CHN players.

It's just terrible for us Badminton fans and followers; when we wish to follow some of the paths taken by CHN's better WS players.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It's great that LCW still managed to win.

What I am concerned about are the Walkovers given from CHN players to other CHN players.

It's just terrible for us Badminton fans and followers; when we wish to follow some of the paths taken by CHN's better WS players.
    Yes, as fans and followers it's terrible but we have to understand to be competitive,

it means everything counts, it includes cheating our opponent with our skills,

observe their weak points and also

work as a team to get the freebie pass to the next round