User Tag List

Page 318 of 583 FirstFirst ... 218 268 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 368 418 ... LastLast
Results 5,390 to 5,406 of 9900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Dont forget to include RS also....

**but seeing RASHID SIDEK's face sitting beside TSB is something not very good feeling for me. If TV is selling cheap in the market, i would have smashed right to his face using my tea cup.
    Hahaha LOL. What has the Sidek brothers done wrong to you that would make you so "beastly" may I ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Datuk Lee Chong Wei holds the trophy as he celebrates his victory over China's Lin Dan during the mens singles final of the Badminton All England Open Championships at The National Indoor Arena in Birmingham. Photo by AFP.

WORLD No 1 Lee Chong Wei ground China's Olympic champion Lin Dan's hopes of a fifth All England men's singles crown into dust, triumphing in a pulsating final to retain his title in Birmingham yesterday. The 28-year-old dropped to his knees and covered his face with his hands after clinching the final point in his 21-17, 21- 17 victory over Lin Dan for his eighth career victory over his rival to become the first Malaysian in 54 years to retain the All England title.

Chong Wei's key to yesterday's victory was his explosive start in both games, which the China shuttler failed to absorb in the 52-minute encounter.

The Penang-born began the match aggressively as it was the only way he had any hope of causing an upset.

It was tight as both players exchanged points before Chong Wei, raced ahead 11-9 before taking a healthy 18-12 lead.

But several unforced errors by Chong Wei allowed Lin Dan to reduce the deficit by a mere point but the Malaysian regained his intensity with a powerful smash to earn the final point.

There was little to separate both players in the second game but Chong Wei used his lethal smashes effectively and took a midway lead at 11-9.

Lin Dan kept digging deep and his efforts were rewarded as Chong Wei's focus started to waver, and the former world champion leveled at 17-17.

However, Chong Wei showed why he is such an exceptional performer as he regained his composure and secured the next four points to win the second game and the title.

It was Chong Wei's first victory, after two straight losses to Lin Dan, since his victory at last September's Japan Open final.

Chong Wei, who has held the World No 1 ranking since Sept, 2008, earned US$26,650 (RM79,800) for his efforts while Lin Dan received US$13,300 (RM40,440).

Meanwhile, it was not one of Wang Shixian's best performances but it was enough for the World No 1 to regain China's supremacy in the women's singles yesterday.

Shixian did not let her injured left ankle stop her from ending Japan's World No 17 Eriko Hirose's gallant run with a hard fought 24-22, 21-18 victory in 55 minutes.

Her unseeded opponent was determined to end Japan's 34-year wait for a title in the women's singles but Shixian's great mobility and patience won back China the title after a one-year lapse.

"I had been a little bit nervous during some of the first game, especially when the score got close. But when I got back in it, I was relaxed. I really liked the atmosphere of the final," Shixian said.

Eriko, however, earned a lot of fans at the stadium with her never-say-die attitude to push Shixian to the limits.

Shixian earned US$26,250 (RM79,813) while runner-up Eriko received US$13,300 (RM40,438).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**but seeing RASHID SIDEK's face sitting beside TSB is something not very good feeling for me. If TV is selling cheap in the market, i would have smashed right to his face using my tea cup.
    LOL... Dato, you still have NOT forgiving him for NOT winning the OG GOLD medal in Barcelona? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

It was Chong Wei's first victory, after two straight losses to Lin Dan, since his victory at last September's Japan Open final.

Chong Wei, who has held the World No 1 ranking since Sept, 2008, earned US$26,650 (RM79,800) for his efforts while Lin Dan received US$13,300 (RM40,440).

Meanwhile, it was not one of Wang Shixian's best performances but it was enough for the World No 1 to regain China's supremacy in the women's singles yesterday.

Shixian did not let her injured left ankle stop her from ending Japan's World No 17 Eriko Hirose's gallant run with a hard fought 24-22, 21-18 victory in 55 minutes.

Her unseeded opponent was determined to end Japan's 34-year wait for a title in the women's singles but Shixian's great mobility and patience won back China the title after a one-year lapse.

"I had been a little bit nervous during some of the first game, especially when the score got close. But when I got back in it, I was relaxed. I really liked the atmosphere of the final," Shixian said.

Eriko, however, earned a lot of fans at the stadium with her never-say-die attitude to push Shixian to the limits.

Shixian earned US$26,250 (RM79,813) while runner-up Eriko received US$13,300 (RM40,438).

From NST online
    Wow, the prize money LCW get as Champion is way lesser than KO Premier SS MS Champion............but the value of the title is way higher for AE.

Why is the WS prize is more than MS ?? Less in US but more in RM. ??...LOL..........
    Last edited by jasonmarc; 03-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See the US currency MS is USD26,650, WS=USD26,250, MS higher by USD400 according to the article

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt get to watch live, just checked TS in early morning. When I saw KKK/TBHlost....was so disappointed but after I knew LCW beat LD with style in this Major final, all disappointment were gone........LCW make my day !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Wow, the prize money LCW get as Champion is way lesser than KO Premier SS MS Champion............but the value of the title is way higher for AE.

Why is the WS prize is more than MS ?? Less in US but more in RM. ??...LOL..........
    See the US currency MS is USD26,650, WS=USD26,250, MS higher by USD400 according to the article
    WSX played first and LCW played last. 5 hours apart, hence the different exchange rate. Haha,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    WSX played first and LCW played last. 5 hours apart, hence the different exchange rate. Haha,,,,,

LOL.. good one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, I think he walks differently now. lol. lsly with some rythm.... Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn.../0/UtWPaPgv0DA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of the funniest and bluntly to-the-face posts I've ever read

And in other news, prices of flatscreen TVs have dipped dramatically....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Hahaha LOL. What has the Sidek brothers done wrong to you that would make you so "beastly" may I ask?
    Yes, Dato a, speak up and tell us why you hate this guy so much

What has he done to you

Btw, next time watch with your antique tv in your house and smoke him

A tea cup into the screen will create the smoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    This is one of the funniest and bluntly to-the-face posts I've ever read

And in other news, prices of flatscreen TVs have dipped dramatically....
    Get an old 14" crt tv ready next time when you know he will be on tv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NNnnooooooo!!! Those are classified as priceless ancient artifacts!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been watching some of the other matches on youtube and RS's expression was exactly the same. I suggest to Dato A not to watch any youtube clips or it could be curtains for his desktop/laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow RM 80k plus richer?
    and did Datuk get another Osim chair??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/15/sports/8269922&sec=sports

It may be time for Chong Wei to end Lin Dans reign

PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei has never beaten Lin Dan of China more than twice in a year.

But one can expect a change in statistics this season if Chong Weis strong performances in the just concluded All-England in Birmingham are anything to go by.

Chong Wei put up a solid show to take down Lin Dan of China 21-17, 21-17 to become the first Malaysian in 54 years to successfully defend the title after Eddy Choongs achievement in 1957.

The win meant a lot to Chong Wei after having been made to look small by Lin Dan in all the previous major tournaments, especially in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, 2009 world championships and the Asian Games last year, for the Chinese to emerge as the most celebrated player of the era.

But in an invigorating 52-minute All-England final last Sunday, there were contrasting differences in the games of both Chong Wei and Lin Dan.

Chong Wei entered the court with a big smile and it spoke of his confidence. And he showed it by dictating the pace for most of the match and displayed great ease in pulling off some powerful and unexpected shots to outmanoeuvre Lin Dan.

Four-time All-England champion Lin Dan, on the other hand, was more guarded and did not show much of his brilliance in smashes. Surprisingly, Chong Wei won 16 smash winners against 11 for Lin Dan.

A back injury that saw Lin Dan conceding walkovers in several tournaments over the last three months, may have slowed him down.

Is this the transition year for Chong Wei to take over the reign from Lin Dan?

A beaming national coach Tey Seu Bock said that Chong Weis exploits in Birmingham were a promising start, especially when he is expected to put the brakes on competitive tournaments after the London Olympics next year.

I am confident that Chong Wei will be giving Lin Dan a better run for his money after this breakthrough at the All-England. This could be the best year for Chong Wei to end Lin Dans domination, said Seu Bock.

A lot of hard work is behind Chong Weis success and he knows that he has to do more if he hopes to win at the world championships (in August) and at the Olympics (next August).

I am happy to see his strong determination to fulfil a dream.

Chong Wei, who has hung on to the top of the Super Series rankings, said that he hoped that he would continue to enjoy good fortunes on English soil.

Both the world championship and Olympic competitions will be held at the Wembley Arena in London.

Its always nice to beat Lin Dan in any tournament.

And it is extra special to me to beat him for a second All-England title here, said Chong Wei during the post-match conference after his straight-game victory.

The world championships and Olympic Games will be held in this country and hopefully, I will be able to do well again. My immediate goal is now to win at the world championships.

Malaysia have yet to win a world championship title and hopes are high on Chong Wei to nail it. And he has to maintain his form and show the same passion to excel to achieve it.

Today, Chong Wei and his team-mates will receive a warm welcome at the KLIA and they will have breakfast at Sri Perdana with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) patron, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/15/sports/8266203&sec=sports

Four Olympic gold medals possible, says Shabery

KUALA LUMPUR: The Road to London programme will be deemed a failure if Malaysia fail to win their first Olympic gold medal in London next year.

But Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek is optimistic that the athletes have the ability to reap greater success.

Shabery, who launched the 500 days countdown to the London Olympics yesterday, said that the athletes targeted for the London Games have a realistic chance to contend for the gold medal not only in badminton but in track cycling and diving.

In badminton, we have high hopes on Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong to deliver in London,” he said.

Chong Wei has lived up to his status as the current world No. 1 by beating China’s Lin Dan to retain his All-England title.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong may have lost in the final to the world No. 1 pair (Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen of Denmark) last night but their chances of fighting for the gold medal cannot be discounted.

“They are still among the top pairs in the world and the battle is open