User Tag List

Page 411 of 592 FirstFirst ... 311 361 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,987 of 10055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default win

I am referring to OG mate. Longer term. As of now, it is not looking good. He is not even maintaining his form while CL and LD had improved further. LD looks like those old chinese swordman movies now days. A hero. The next emperor is also reigning.

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Is winning the SSMF that important? LCW already owns three. Won t hurt to give one away. 80 minutes of limited action today is not bad performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring Li Mao to Msia!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Bring Li Mao to Msia!
    Be careful what you wish for!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Bring Li Mao to Msia!
    Li Mao signed up with INA just a few months ago... He is not likely to leave before London OG2012...

If TongXH were to train LCW, then LCW would have a chance in winning the gold medal for OG2012...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is TongXH? Never heard before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Banana View Post
    i really think that chong wei really isnt him self yesterday he played so unlike his style made so much errors
    Cumulative fatigue and not enough training, hence sharpness and speed lacking. Against an opponent who s well trained all round for him. His objective is to earn ranking points and cash so it s decent for just turning up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing...LD's sifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with u bro
    Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    As mention by others, i don't think at his level, you purposely want to play as a looser in order to create a convincing drama that you're now not at your best like before but then at the end of the "the day (e.g. OG, WC...)", you become the biggest winner.

Indeed Dato' can't always win but it's how he lost will give a major indicator to what level of performance that he's currently peforming and to what degree of positiveness he's approaching into his game. For this many tournaments Dato' participated, 2 uncharacteristic pattern has emerge in his gameplay that contribute to his lost:

1. MORE errors especially unforced errors
    2. He becomes MORE passive and less forward into his gameplay in which he could be more aggressive

Loosing to a better play but at the same time you've already painstalkingly played at your best is a different and a more acceptable scenario but then looking on how Dato' lost to CL yesterday then, it's an unacceptable lost and if this is allow to continue, i'm not surprised even in next month MO he will continue to lost even playing in his own soil.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    The thing...LD's sifu
    Just want to confirm. How is it possible to get your opponent's coach to teach you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Just want to confirm. How is it possible to get your opponent's coach to teach you?
    Easy..... Just change your citizenship and represent the country where your opponent's coach is coaching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    . Have Peace and stay Relax. You cannot expect LCW to win all the time. Actually, I expected LD to win the MS title at this 2011 SS Finals (and voted for him in our BC Poll). But now (after the LCW-vs-CL SF match), I am not quite sure. It could be CL to win the title. .
    I believe I don't put expectation on these players. I truly understand the negative of that. Just visiting the polls made me cringe. Thus, no vote made. Each time he goes on court, I only hope for the best for him and that he plays his best against any opponents. That he learns from previous losses, at least. What frustrate me is that when I don't see best play... I understand it's been hectic for him but ... IDK... yeah, maybe this 4th SFF title doesn't mean much. Still, losing it must have affected him, even a little.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is TongXH? Never heard before.
    He meant LD's coach, Tang sifu, spelling wrong only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In LCW's case it is probably the nerves that is getting the best of him especially when the opponent is leading. Also so many times, he diverts from his normal attacking play and pays the price. Usually reverting back to his attacking play when it is too late.

Against Lin Dan he always slows down the game in the second set and loses badly. If Lin Dan happens to win the first set, then it is a forgone conclusion.

Anyway, the burden of expectation is probably getting to him. The whole of MY expects him to win all the time. Just imagine everyone he meets after losing a match asking why he lost etc etc. For some people it is just too much to take.

All I can hope for is he goes all out playing his normal game. Whatever the outcome, he is MY's best player ever and I am very proud of that.

Imagine life after LCW retires, all MY players getting knocked out in the qualifiers or 1st round. Only when this happens will we realise LCW's value to MY's badminton. He gave us hope and something to be happy and cheer about when he wins all that SS.

Win or lose, lets support our players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday December 18, 2011
    Tired Lee crumbles
    By RAJES PAUL
    THE mind was willing but the body wasn’t. World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s tired and weary limbs failed him when he needed them most yesterday.
    The exhausted Chong Wei surrendered his Super Series Masters Finals crown, going down 16-21, 21-16, 18-21 to China’s Chen Long in a nerve-wracking one hour and 16-minute semi-final clash.
    The defeat by the youngster at the Li Ning Gymnasium ended 29-year-old Chong Wei’s dream of ending the season on a high with his fourth Masters Finals title.
    Invincible: Chen Long (left) pushes the shuttle past a stranded Lee Chong Wei during their Super Series Masters Finals men’s singles semi-final yesterday. Chen Long won 21-16, 16-21, 21-18. – AFP
    It was also his third loss this year to the 22-year-old Chen Long, who is fast developing into a real threat to compatriot Lin Dan whom he will meet in today’s final. Lin Dan had a much easier time in his semi-final, coasting past Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen 21-12, 21-15.
    Chen Long was a fireball of energy yesterday, lunging at every shot to break Chong Wei’s resolve. By the time the score stood at 14-14 in the opening game, Chong Wei was already panting.
    Chen Long took the opener 21-16 and continued with his relentless assault in the second but Chong Wei dug deep into his reserves to force the decider.
    The China No. 2 came back stronger and looked unstoppable as he raced to a 10-5 lead. Chong Wei, however, fought back to stay in the game and drew level at 18-18.
    For one fleeting moment it looked like Chong Wei could pull it off, but Chen Long stayed rock solid to score three successive points to take the match.
    “I tried to push myself in my last tournament of the year but I found it hard to focus against Chen Long,” said a dejected Chong Wei, who was competing in his 15th tournament of the season.
    “I tried to mix it up with different strokes and even reduced my attacking game to break the momentum, but Chen Long was ready for all my shots. He made fewer mistakes today.
    “Chen Long is young and has become a powerful and confident player. He is the future of the game.
    “It has been quite a stressful end to the season. I competed in too many tournaments to secure my rankings for the Olympic Games and that has taken its toll on me.
    “Overall, though, it has been a great year. I have won seven titles, made 11 finals and three semi-finals.
    “I have never lost in the early rounds. I’m happy with my consistency. This has been the best season of my career.”
    Chong Wei, the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) Male Player of the Year, has vowed to come back fresh for next year’s challenge – with the London Olympics being his main target.
    “I need a good rest now ... then it’s back to business. I will go to the Korean Open (Jan 3-8) as the runner-up and the Malaysian Open (Jan 11-15) as the defending champion. I must maintain these positions,” he said.
    Chen Long, who threw his racquet in sheer joy after beating Chong Wei, was modest in victory.
    “Chong Wei has been the world No. 1 since 2008 and this is only my third big win against him. I don’t consider myself a strong threat to him yet,” said Chen Long.
    “He’s not in the best of shape, but I honestly thought he would win after he levelled the rubber at 18-18.
    “I figured he had more experience to deal with the situation but he made some bad mistakes and I’m lucky I won.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    In LCW's case it is probably the nerves that is getting the best of him especially when the opponent is leading. Also so many times, he diverts from his normal attacking play and pays the price. Usually reverting back to his attacking play when it is too late.

Against Lin Dan he always slows down the game in the second set and loses badly. If Lin Dan happens to win the first set, then it is a forgone conclusion.

Anyway, the burden of expectation is probably getting to him. The whole of MY expects him to win all the time. Just imagine everyone he meets after losing a match asking why he lost etc etc. For some people it is just too much to take.

All I can hope for is he goes all out playing his normal game. Whatever the outcome, he is MY's best player ever and I am very proud of that.

Imagine life after LCW retires, all MY players getting knocked out in the qualifiers or 1st round. Only when this happens will we realise LCW's value to MY's badminton. He gave us hope and something to be happy and cheer about when he wins all that SS.

Win or lose, lets support our players.
    i believe LCW lost to the young lad, not LD this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, my point of view is lack of confident was key factor LCW lost to CL, im not pro player but i think we all can see LCWs level of confident, he got a lot of chance to kill the shuttle but turn to drop it, maybe we might say that CL defense was very good, why?most of LCW smashes was not hit the target (side lines). Another one LCW is a clean player (kind and well behaved), never put physcological action to opponent, his reaction while collect and give point still d same, look at CL how his reaction when collect point, (shout, grasped his hand, look at LCW and smiling), his smiling look like to insunuate LCW, all these is physco action that can influnce and engage opponent's focus. i think LCW should train himself about physco technique, these action can motivate ourself. for me LCW skill is much much better than CL and even LD. i really hope that LCW can win olympic gold medal. I also hope that his coach can find the answer how to beat these 2 opponent, CL and LD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are badminton players not smart enough to play without their coaches hinting or giving advice??
    No point training everyday if they cannot think for themselves.

In tennis and esp table tennis, no coaching is allowed during the game, even eye signals. Not sure about squash though.