User Tag List

Page 490 of 583 FirstFirst ... 390 440 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 540 ... LastLast
Results 8,314 to 8,330 of 9900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the purple one. not as sexy as the black one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday July 11, 2012
    Olympic champion shuttler to get RM2mil gold bar
    By S. RAMAGURU
    KUALA LUMPUR: Any shuttler who bags the gold medal at the London Olympics will be RM2mil richer – in gold bar.
    That’s the whopping carrot being dangled by the KL Racquet Club Berhad (KLRC) chairman Datuk Seri Andrew Kam in an effort to challenge our shuttlers to go for gold at the Games, which begin on July 27.
    The six London-bound shuttlers were present when the announcement was made at a leading hotel here yesterday. They are Lee Chong Wei, who is realistically the man likely to win Malaysia’s first-ever gold medal, Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong, Chan Peng Soon, Goh Liu Ying and Tee Jing Yi.
    Should there be two gold medal winners, then they will share the bounty.
    Let’s end the Olympic gold drought: KLRC chairman Datuk Seri Andrew Kam showing the RM2mil gold bar to the national shuttlers (from left) Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong, Lee Chong Wei, Chan Peng Soon, Goh Liu Ying and Tee Jing Yi. On the right is OCM secretary general Datuk Sieh Kok Chi.
    “KLRC would like to play a part in helping this dream become a rea*lity – and that is to capture the elu*sive gold medal which our country has yet to achieve,” said Andrew.
    “Towards this end, on behalf of KLRC Bhd, I would like to throw a challenge to our Malaysian badmin*ton team: If any of you brings home a gold medal from London 2012, there is a RM2mil gold bar waiting for you here. Gold for Gold!
    “Please see this as an incentive and work hard to achieve this dream.”
    Andrew said that the offer is made solely to the badminton players as “I am passionate about the sport and I want to see badminton win Malaysia’s first ever gold me**dal”.
    “At the Barcelona Games in 1992, badminton was introduced as an Olympic sport. Since then, only bad*minton has delivered a medal for our country at the Games,” he said.
    “Although participation is important, we as a great badminton na**tion must look beyond the bronze and silver medals and aim for gold. This is an incentive for the players to work extra hard and also serve as motivation to achieve this dream.”
    Razif-Jalani Sidek won a bronze in Barcelona while Cheah Soon Kit-Yap Kim Hock won a silver in At**lan*ta in 1996, along with Rashid Si**dek’s bronze in the men’s singles.
    Malaysian shuttlers did not win any medals in Sydney (2000) and Athens (2004) but Chong Wei bagg*ed a silver in Beijing four years ago.
    Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM) secretary general Datuk Sieh Kok Chi welcomed the incentives offered by the private sector, saying they should drive our athletes to go for glory in London.
    “This is a fine gesture by KLRC as it will help motivate our players. For the shuttlers, a gold medal will be worth at least RM4mil,” he said.
    “This is in addition to the RM1mil offered by the Government and another private firm. There is a genuine feeling that we can win a gold medal in London.”
    The Government’s offer is through the National Sports Coun*cil’s incentive scheme. The scheme, which was introduced for the Beijing Olympics, also forks out RM300,000 for a silver and RM150,000 for a bronze.
    Under the scheme, a gold medallist will also receive a lifetime pension of RM5,000 a month. A silver medallist will get RM3,000 a month and bronze medallist RM1,500 a month.
    Local furniture company – 3V Holdings Sdn Bhd – has also stepped forward to offer a RM1mil cash incentive to help boost the quest to win the country’s first Olympic gold medal in London.
    The money will be shared if there is more than one gold medallist. If no one wins a gold medal, the offer will be extended to the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday July 11, 2012
    Olympic champion shuttler to get RM2mil gold bar
    By S. RAMAGURU
    ... Should there be two gold medal winners, then they will share the bounty.
    The money will be shared if there is more than one gold medallist. If no one wins a gold medal, the offer will be extended to the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
    he should offer each winner RM 2mil worth of gold bar lah, instead of share...it'll make each of them play harder...plus what is RM 6mil worth of gold bars for datuk Kam ah?
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-11-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's nice to be a badminton player in Malaysia. so many bonuses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why worry
    non of them will get it

6. Likes Tekkai, julianng, riffsuad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    it's nice to be a badminton player in Malaysia. so many bonuses.
    Gee, if Toby Ng (towbsss) won a gold in badminton, he'd be lucky if corporate Canada rewarded him with a new baseball cap!

8. Likes kwun, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if this "incentive" is a good thing for LCW.. Just adds even more pressure. I think for LCWs sake that less pressure and expectations from MAS will make it easier for him to relax and is better for his performance..Nerves could be a tricky thing.. Especially with the background and heda 2 head against LD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah rite! Why not make it 10 mil US dollars (not riggits) or 20 mil USD or say reward LCW a resort island if he manages to bring home the very first gold medal for Mal. The matter of fact is there is very little chance for him to make it happen. The purpose of KLRC is to lure the players into dreaming about it so that everyone stays focused...thats all. I am sure if Lin Dan found out about this he would blame himself for not becoming a Mal citizen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The Government’s offer is through the National Sports Coun*cil’s incentive scheme. The scheme, which was introduced for the Beijing Olympics, also forks out RM300,000 for a silver and RM150,000 for a bronze.
    Under the scheme, a gold medallist will also receive a lifetime pension of RM5,000 a month. A silver medallist will get RM3,000 a month and bronze medallist RM1,500 a month.
    Local furniture company – 3V Holdings Sdn Bhd – has also stepped forward to offer a RM1mil cash incentive to help boost the quest to win the country’s first Olympic gold medal in London.
    So nice....with all that bonuses, I can pay habis my ptptn....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    why worrynon of them will get it
    Just what i was thinking too. . If I had put up that amount of mulah for reward, I'd be 99.999999% sure that it would still be safe in the bank earning interest 10 years from now.

13. Likes Tekkai, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Bro, if you are a badminton player, you won't be owing ptptn.

15. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    That is IF they win the elusive gold. With LCW's injury, IF Msia wins the 1st gold this year also, wouldnt be from badminton.
    That's why Andrew Kam and furniture company offer for gold only.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 07-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha...Yes....that is the only time they will ever get to hold the gold bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why worry
    non of them will get it
    At least give LCW a chance lah... er...maybe KKK/TBH also. If not gold, at least the other colours.

Anyway this is good publicity and allows AK and his KLRC to get into the limelight again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw ur comment after i postheheyup,he is the ownerso i hope non of the player win gold in OG 2012
    Then we need pray/hope other sports win the gold, as Andrew Kam's offer is only for baddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Baddy will not get gold...will be a miracle if they can reach the quarter finals in the 1st place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    I think Baddy will not get gold...will be a miracle if they can reach the quarter finals in the 1st place
    Except Chong Wei....