User Tag List

Page 510 of 590 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 560 ... LastLast
Results 8,654 to 8,670 of 10016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    LCW has stated in public that he wants to win the gold medal. Of course it does matter to him for all the sacrifices and hardship he has undergone especially during the last couple of months prior to LOG. His picture of dejection when he lost narrowly to LD was for all to see.

It is only logical that LCW fans will support him through thick and thin, even though he lost eventually. But to say they celebrate his loss is unthinkable. They gather in great numbers in the stadium and elsewhere to cheer him on for a victory. Maybe the promise of the free makan makes the loss more palatable for some.
    True. He wanted it so badly as much as his fans does. But the reality is a lost is a lost and I don't see any sour grapes here for that matter. Instead, I see some people trying to create some bush fire and try rub it in (the lost) to his fans.

As what is shown in the picture above many went for the free meals. Whether to celebrate his loss or for whatever reasons most importantly there is no resentment. Why should we when LCW had given his best or even more than that?

Again, the free makan is a privilege. Have you had yours uncle?
    Last edited by flite; 08-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually , CHN wanted the gold medal more than anyone else...

If MS was the only category CHN didn't win gold(CHN won gold in all 5 category), it wouldn't look good for CL, CJ, LD and company. So of course LD had to step up his game in the final.

The only way LCW could beat LD is if LD not fully focused and felt like giving away freebies.

Let's hope INA can make a revival in badminton in the next decade... but CHN, KOR, JPN are very much in the driving seat now because badminton is becoming a more globalized sport. This means more Europeans are picking up the game. When that happens usually SE Asia will be phazed out because they are more suited to warmer conditions than europeans do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read in some news paper some one got heart attach and died when LCW failed to earn gold medal, its understanable because it was so close yet so far. LCW is the biggest hope maybe in the past 20 years to get the first gold medal at the Olympic games and now no one knows how long it will take to produce world class player like LCW im sure it will come but we dont know when will it be happen

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K_a_d_e View Post
    i read in some news paper some one got heart attach and died when LCW failed to earn gold medal, its understanable because it was so close yet so far. LCW is the biggest hope maybe in the past 20 years to get the first gold medal at the Olympic games and now no one knows how long it will take to produce world class player like LCW im sure it will come but we dont know when will it be happen
    that's really unfortunate. may that person RIP.

watching sports unfortunately does makes one's heart beat fast. literally not for the faint of hearts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    True. He wanted it so badly as much as his fans does. But the reality is a lost is a lost and I don't see any sour grapes here for that matter. Instead, I see some people trying to create some bush fire and try rub it in (the lost) to his fans.

As what is shown in the picture above many went for the free meals. Whether to celebrate his
    loss or for whatever reasons most importantly there is no resentment. Why should we when LCW had given his best or even more than that?

Again, the free makan is a privilege. Have you had yours uncle?
    Frankly I feel sorry for LCW for being born in an era the same as LD. LCW iS a very familiar face to me since the Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006. Of course nobody could touch him then and his nearest rival was WCH I think. But WCH was no match. It was in the same Melbourne arena that saw the rise of SN, then as a very impressive 16-year-old Indian girl. Of course I took the opportunity of taking a pic with both LCW and SN.

LCW is known to be the most hardworking player in the MAS Team, so is LD. But LD is likely to take things easier from now onwards and this is when LCW can beat him on fitness, assuming he will continue to train hard and purposefully.

I like nasi lemak especially at a stall in the Golden Shoe carpark building at Raffles Place and indeed it will be a privilege if they give it out for free just one day. Maybe when Singapore wins an Olympic gold medal in any discipline. Hopefully we are talking about the same 'nasi' although it may be differently prepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retail therapy is a commercial hype.

It is for si si or those who believe in it.

Not for LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K_a_d_e View Post
    Not just hard to produce, but you also need to have people able to identify talent and fight for them. The story Morten Frost always talks about when he is doing commentary is the story of how he had to fight to get LCW into a Malaysia badminton program and how he didn't give up after the people in power denied him the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  Nando's note for LCW.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  77.7 KB

There are many advertisements by many companies congratulating or sing praise to LCW. Many individuals and organizations post their point of views, mostly positive,on LCW's performance in London.

But in my opinion, Nando's Chicken's ad is the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Politician bashes LCW for political mileage

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  7.2 KB

Read, read, read.. This is why we say sports and politics should not mix. It benefits 99.99% for the politician, 0.01% for sports when it's coming from a politician's mouth. Such utterings in the media is so childish I wonder how Manoharan became an elective in the first place.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/7/nation/11810716&sec=nation

E
    xcerpts:

How can someone be so insensitive when the nation is grieving after losing the crucial match? Sports should be above politics. I feel that Chong Wei has contributed more to Malaysia compared to many of us, he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/7/nation/11810717&sec=nation

E
    xcerpts:

DAP's Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh noted that some politicians should never use social media if they lack the ability to think before tweeting, in apparent reference to her beleaguered Pakatan colleague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job LCW! Silver is second so that's good as well!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post

Read, read, read.. This is why we say sports and politics should not mix. It benefits 99.99% for the politician, 0.01% for sports when it's coming from a politician's mouth. Such utterings in the media is so childish I wonder how Manoharan became an elective in the first place.

E
    xcerpts:

“How can someone be so insensitive when the nation is grieving after losing the crucial match? Sports should be above politics. I feel that Chong Wei has contributed more to Malaysia compared to many of us,” he said.

E
    xcerpts:

DAP's Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh noted that “some politicians should never use social media if they lack the ability to think before tweeting”, in apparent reference to her beleaguered Pakatan colleague.

wow. how can someone say something so stupid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post

E
    xcerpts:

How can someone be so insensitive when the nation is grieving after losing the crucial match? Sports should be above politics. I feel that Chong Wei has contributed more to Malaysia compared to many of us, he said.

E
    xcerpts:

DAP's Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh noted that some politicians should never use social media if they lack the ability to think before tweeting, in apparent reference to her beleaguered Pakatan colleague.

Politicians are speculative. Many of them will dive in at any moment to gain cheap publicity. This is so common all around the world.

But this assemblyman Manoharan is so idiotic. He is has no flair. He has no class. He is insensitive and plain stupid. His political acumen and skills is so low level.

Now he got himself into trouble.

Take PM Najib and his wife Rosmah as an example. We all know they want to gain milleage by getting close to LCW. But they do it smartly.

All those companies that do the congratulations advertisements to LCW including the Kayu nasi kandar store that gives away free nasi Kandar want to gain publicity. That is a fact. They invest money, they want some return, they know Malaysians love it. That is ok. They do it smartly, with class.

But there is this idiot assemblyman Manoharan now kicking at the beehive. He still get publicity but in a negative way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this guy is really weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Name:  Nando's note for LCW.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  77.7 KB

There are many advertisements by many companies congratulating or sing praise to LCW. Many individuals and organizations post their point of views, mostly positive,on LCW's performance in London.

But in my opinion, Nando's Chicken's ad is the best.
    i might be wrong, but isn't this ad from the beijing olympics?... oh well it still holds true.. (sadly)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    i might be wrong, but isn't this ad from the beijing olympics?... oh well it still holds true.. (sadly)
    In 2008 LCW didnt tweet to say he is sorry. That time he would had been too crushed to even talk.This time around, he has his bro Joe Lee and others who help maintain his official FB and twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    Probably you are right. My friend posts it on fb. I take it from there. Are you sure it is from Beijing Olympic? I am not too sure. Did he tweet "I am Sorry" in Beijing?

Yup. Still holds true. Sad in deed. But LCW is not giving up. I bet he feels dejected for a while. But he will move on very fast.

I think many Malaysians are disappointed but we must look into better ways of discovering more talents and grooming them.

Relying on one or two person to bring back Gold medal in OG is too unsecure. The pressure is too big for them. To bring back gold in OG we must also develop other sports, not just badminton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, time to welcome our datuk lee chong wei back to malaysia
    some videos first.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150982254976845 LCW showed his silver medal to everyone at the airport...