User Tag List

Page 530 of 590 FirstFirst ... 30 430 480 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 580 ... LastLast
Results 8,994 to 9,010 of 10016
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is a fantastic team player (be it Thomas Cup or Sudirman), as he always want to be the catalyst to give Malaysians the 'boleh' spirit to do the impossible, although most times it is really impossible. Sadly, although he beat LD at past Thomas Cup, Malaysia failed to deliver. But LCW gave his due.

Having said that, LCW is both a good team player and an individual player. Period.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    believe me,they arent really buddy.
    they dont even attend each other wedding
    ldh,i have china master to play(which he didnt.)
    lcwh,i will try my best to make it(which he didnt)
    really? i still hope they are REAL friends. but maybe only in my dream.

btw, LD didn't play in CHN masters. he should played in CBSL. but still, he didn't make it to attend LCW's wedding. too bad.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee CW's post-match interview after losing to Du Pengyu in the group stage of the Superseries Finals 2012. http://v.qq.com/page/c/u/i/c00119ltkui.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Lee CW's post-match interview after losing to Du Pengyu in the group stage of the Superseries Finals 2012. http://v.qq.com/page/c/u/i/c00119ltkui.html
    Sorry, some translation should be in order: Basically, Lee CW is saying he is exhausted and didn't feel like playing in this tournament, what with his marriage preparation and all that. He added the way the SS is organized many players are risking injury, the tournaments are too close, overcrowded. He also complained that, for players who would like to take a break and skip a tournament,the fines that BWF imposes for not turning up is unfair.

More or less what Li YB has been saying.
    Last edited by Justin L; 12-12-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Sorry, some translation should be in order: Basically, Lee CW is saying he is exhausted and didn't feel like playing in this tournament, what with his marriage preparation and all that. He added the way the SS is organized many players are risking injury, the tournaments are too close, overcrowded. He also complained that, for players who would like to take a break and skip a tournament,the fines that BWF imposes for not turning up is unfair.

More or less what Li YB has been saying.
    LYB already brain-washing him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW also said he was forced to play in SSF becoz of the USD 5000 fine if absent.... compared health and USD 5000, I don't believe LCW is not able to play... most Malaysians know how rich he is... look at his wedding....

so why risking his health in the first place because of the USD 5000?!

I don't think he's telling the truth...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    LCW also said he was forced to play in SSF becoz of the USD 5000 fine if absent.... compared health and USD 5000, I don't believe LCW is not able to play... most Malaysians know how rich he is... look at his wedding....

so why risking his health in the first place because of the USD 5000?!

I don't think he's telling the truth...
    Are you his spokesperson or his conscience?? Lol.. If Li Yongbo says something, then that is true and if LCW tells something, its lie for you??? Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Are you his spokesperson or his conscience?? Lol.. If Li Yongbo says something, then that is true and if LCW tells something, its lie for you??? Lol

What's wrong with you? Is this your forum? Are u trying to start a war here?

what u said is really no-brainer...Lol
    Last edited by Jonc108; 12-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the least thing i respect about lcw is
    he lost most of his match after 2008 in rubber set. and most are dueced.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    What's wrong with you? Is this your forum? Are u trying to start a war here?

what u said is really no-brainer...Lol
    Did i say that this forum is mine??? Lol... If Lee chong wei says something, then does not mean he is telling lies.. That what i meant..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=68986

so, it's confirmed that LCW get another injury? hope it's not bad.

and quite agree with Jonc108. if LCW reason to compete in SSF mainly due to the fine, i don't think he's doing the right thing. if he still targeting competing WC 2013 and AG 2014 then the main thing he must concerned about is how to stay injury-free, not force himself and get another injury. he is nearly 30, and recovery time may take a little bit longer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to pcl99, this article should shed some light on why Lee CW withdrew from the SSF after Du Pengyu inflicted a shocking defeat on him. http://sports.qq.com/a/20121212/000646.htm

According to the article, Lee CW withdrew after the match with DuPY citing injury, saying it's an old right ankle problem. In the post-match interview, he complained of the BWF tight,crowded tournament schedule, and that in order to avoid paying the USD5000 fine (5250 to be exact including the entrance fee) he helplessly forced himself to participate in the SSF despite feeling very tired. No matter whether he wins or loses today's match with DuPY, as long as LCW finishes one match, he can avoid paying the heavy penalty.

After LCW's withdrawal announcement, both Chinese and Malaysian press hoped to get an interview with him but was unsuccessful in spite of negotiations with BWF officials. As there were quite a few players complaining of the crowded tournament schedule near end of the year in addition to LCW's injury withdrawal today, BWF plans to hold a press conference soon in response to the tournament schedule problem.

[The above is what the article wrote which I've humbly partly translated and interpreted as best I could; maybe jonc108 or someone might want to verify it and CMIIW]
    Last edited by Justin L; 12-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is getting older (like LD) :-) ... He didn't used to complain much about back-to-back tournament.. He rather seemed to be the last-man-standing in those situations, and have excelled at it a number of times..

Then people complained about LD not playing all tournaments etc.. These days LCW also sings a different tune...

I don't really see that LCW has a huge point arguing this. At least not after the olympics this year.

After the olympic he has played 3 SS-tournaments in 15 weeks.. and he skipped french, Li-Ning China Open, and Kumpoos Macau GP before SS-finals..

Injury and lack of form I can understand but I think he is barking up the wrong tree if he blames BWF-tournament-scheduling on this occasion after olympics in my opinion!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=68986

so, it's confirmed that LCW get another injury? hope it's not bad.

and quite agree with Jonc108. if LCW reason to compete in SSF mainly due to the fine, i don't think he's doing the right thing. if he still targeting competing WC 2013 and AG 2014 then the main thing he must concerned about is how to stay injury-free, not force himself and get another injury. he is nearly 30, and recovery time may take a little bit longer.
    USD5,000 is no small amount after exchange rates & I reckon LCW would have to pay it himself, BAM sure wouldnt unless he cant walk at all

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online >
    Published: Wednesday December 12, 2012 MYT 8:35:00 PM
    Updated: Wednesday December 12, 2012 MYT 8:39:12 PM

World Super Series: Chong Wei goes down in opener, pulls out from tournament due to injury
    By LIM TEIK HUAT

SHENZHEN: What could have been an auspicious day - 12-12-12 - turned out otherwise for Lee Chong Wei.
    His bid to regain his World Super Series Finals crown in Shenzhen was dashed after he lost his opening group match to China's world number seven Du Pengyu and subsequently pulled out, citing a right thigh injury.
    The current world number one was expected to coast through after taking the first game easily.
    But his lack of preparation for the Super Series finale event after getting married last month was laid bare as a stubborn Du Pengyu, cheered on by the local crowd, carved out a 12-21, 21-16, 22-20 win in 65 minutes.
    Pengyu collapsed to the ground in sheer joy as if he had won the title and he had a reason to celebrate as this was the first time he had overcome the Malaysian after losing all six previous meetings.
    It was not so much the pain of losing his unbeaten record but Chong Wei, still catching his breath after the long rallies, revealed he was nursing a right thigh injury.
    Chong Wei later pulled out of the tournament after discussing with coach Tey Seu Bock and thus giving up the chance to win a fourth Super Series Finals title.
    Team manager Jeremy Gan confirmed that they had submitted a letter to the organisers to officially inform on the withdrawal of the top seed.
    "I am not in good condition as I had a leg injury coming here. I wanted to skip this tournament in the first place as I just got married last month. I wanted to take a longer break and just get ready for the Korean Open and Malaysian Open next month.
    "But I would have to pay a fine of US$5,000 (RM15,000) if I hadn't come here. In this sport, you will not be in top condition if you do not focus in training.
    "I will return home and hopefully recover to play in the Korean Open and Malaysian Open," said Chong Wei, who was the winner of the event from 2008 to 2010 but lost to Chen Long of China in the semis in Liuzhou last year.

Chong Wei's withdrawal left Pengyu in a strong position to reach the last four and he only needs to beat Hu Yun of Hong Kong in his second Group A match today.
    The top two finishers from each group advance to the crossover semi-finals.
    Chong Wei felt it would be better not to continue if he was unable to give his best.

"It has been a long season and everyone is just tired. I have been playing events every month after the Olympics.
    "Lin Dan (who did not qualify for the Super Series Finals) never played after the Olympics as he went on a long break for his wedding but I did not have this choice.
    "I try not to pressure myself here as I know I am not in a condition to play to my best," he added.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/12/12/sports/20121212203511&sec=sports

In this article(and a few other articles), LCW didnt complain abt BWF per se, just the usual "It's been a long season".
    Tey SB was quoted as saying the injury was sustained during training in KL

Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-12-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's kind of winning to him to play in tight rubber set with Du Pengyu, while his current condition not in top form plus another ankle injury... hope that he could win the Malaysias Open tittle on this January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go take break, go Xmas shopping with WMC in Shenzhen ... or drop in to see LD/XFF and discuss about coordinated FAMILY PLANNING ... LCW JR vs LD JR in 20 years time ? I would like to see that !!