User Tag List

Page 565 of 592 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... LastLast
Results 9,589 to 9,605 of 10055
  1. #9589
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Cramps are also associated with athletes losing too much minerals by sweating, which basically results in disruptions of the brain's signals. Afaik, medicine isn't quite clear on what exactly causes cramps. Some people seem to have a tendency towards them while others don't - similar to migraines, I believe. However I don't recall there being an explanation for why that is so.
    I, for example, can not remember ever getting a 'real' cramp - part of my calf muscle hardened and ached at times, but I never had one so bad I fell down and couldn't move or sth, no matter how hard I trained or pushed myself in competition.
    Try playing with LD and you may experience something new or
    ask those who have played with him LOL

  2. #9590
    Regular Member M3Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mindreader View Post
    I've seen a lot of silliness since the World Championships, but even within all of those, this one takes the cake.



    As was mentioned to you already, there was a random draw, in which Chen Long and Lee Chongwei couldn't have been put in the same half. I'd like to ask how you would have overcome this basic rule.

    You don't have a conspiracy, you have a conspiracy theory. We are however, in agreement with one thing: the rest of us don't see your conspiracy.



    I'm sorry, did Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan win the 2012 Olympics? No? Then the reason for granting them entry would be because...?

    Furthermore, in another thread one thunder.tw called the granting of wildcard to Lin Dan arbitrary and compared it to strippers and other sillyness.

    And here I thought they were granting it to the two time defending Olympic Champion, four times World Championship winner and the greatest player ever to play the game. I thought that set the bar quite high actually. But clearly to some my standards are too low.

    Now another fool is out with more of the same. Please enlighten me on how Kido and Setiawan's accomplishments remotely come close to Lin Dan when stacked next to each other.



    Lin Dan doesn't speak for his fans, or the other way around.
    The conspiracy doesn't lie on the draw. It lies on the matches. Like CL vs LD. Same thing happen when LCW were up against WZM and DPY. If ever let say this 3 chaps ( CL, DPY and WZM ) switching places, it'll end up a same thing, LCW vs LD in the final match too. They made it that way. That is why these 3 chaps' performance shouldnt be measured in this tournament. I guess this will be last time for me explaining.

    BWF never made a fact why they give LD a wild card. You can thought anything you want.

  3. #9591
    Regular Member liemsweeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    kallang, singapore
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gelee View Post
    Allen Iverson - The anklebreaker

    Du Pengyu - The quadkiller
    bro.......you the can..........this gave me a chuckle.....

  4. #9592
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    In the papers yesterday, LCW will be entering politics after retirement - so no problem for the great
    man in future - hopefully he joined the right party and become the Minister of Sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    probably from hero to zero.
    With his close association with Barisan, we know which party it will be. As for hero to zero, that is correct, except that aligning with the right winning party, the zero means many zeroes in the bank account, not the hard earned zero earned from playing baddy, breaking ankle and cramping quads

  5. #9593
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Try playing with LD and you may experience something new or
    ask those who have played with him LOL
    If we play with LD, of course will experience something new.

    Yet it is LCW, WR No.1.

    Unless you think CW will experience the same as us when playing LD.

  6. #9594
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    The conspiracy doesn't lie on the draw. It lies on the matches. Like CL vs LD. Same thing happen when LCW were up against WZM and DPY. If ever let say this 3 chaps ( CL, DPY and WZM ) switching places, it'll end up a same thing, LCW vs LD in the final match too. They made it that way. That is why these 3 chaps' performance shouldnt be measured in this tournament. I guess this will be last time for me explaining.
    We are in agreement with one more thing, stack Chen Long, Du Pengyu and Wang Zhengming in any order, Lin Dan and Lee Chongwei would probably still rise to the top because uh, you know, they are BETTER players? If I was a betting man I'd bet on that outcome too, not at just this tournament, but any tournament. At least until Chen Long ups his game...

    But heck, must be one helluva conspiracy. Look what they've done with such clandestine behaviour? The top two players may play in the finals. Shady...


    BWF never made a fact why they give LD a wild card. You can thought anything you want.
    Actually it did. You just weren't paying attention.

    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=73596

    Pay special attention to the words "stature," as in Olympic Gold, World Championship and all that good crap as well as fan appeal.

  7. #9595
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,576
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is LCW thread.
    Posts praising LD remains.
    Posts criticizing LD were deleted.
    Guess the moderators are LD fans.

  8. #9596
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,887
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    This is LCW thread.
    Posts praising LD remains.
    Posts criticizing LD were deleted.
    Guess the moderators are LD fans.
    a crackdown!!! OMG!!!

  9. #9597
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    If we play with LD, of course will experience something new.

    Yet it is LCW, WR No.1.

    Unless you think CW will experience the same as us when playing LD.
    Both LCW and LD never wants to meet each other
    if possible in competition.
    Its just not easy job for either one of them
    as they need to play over their maximum.
    However, if anyone of them plays Jon108 until Jon208
    I think they would smile and laugh until they got a tummy ache.
    And that's the difference, pal

  10. #9598
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Both LCW and LD never wants to meet each other
    if possible in competition.
    Its just not easy job for either one of them
    as they need to play over their maximum.
    However, if anyone of them plays Jon108 until Jon208
    I think they would smile and laugh until they got a tummy ache.
    And that's the difference, pal
    Someone said that only LCW felt tough and exhausted in playing LD, I just tried to tell him LD should feel the same but not cramped. Yet both are top players, not like us.


    Looks like you know them well...

    yet i guess you know CW better than knowing LD. You may be right to say that LCW never want to meet LD (based on his strong reaction against BWF's wild card to LD).

    Yet from what LD said, LD always expect to meet LCW at the finals and want to beat him.

    This is the difference and makes the real difference.

  11. #9599
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A govt sports officer today said that CW should not go to IBL (14-31 Aug) right after WC, particularly after he suffered a serious cramp at the MS finals on 11 Aug... (Not to mention CW's participation in the Japanese SS starting mid Sep, just 2 weeks after IBL)...

    I think the officer 's right. And really do not understand why CW did so instead of really take a good rest after the WC.

    Becoz of money? Or he is so devoted to promote badminton in India that event taking his own career into risk? His cramp in WC recovered really so fast??

  12. #9600
    Regular Member M3Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    His cramp in WC recovered really so fast??
    You make it sound like he injured his ankle again

  13. #9601
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,804
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    A govt sports officer today said that CW should not go to IBL (14-31 Aug) right after WC, particularly after he suffered a serious cramp at the MS finals on 11 Aug... (Not to mention CW's participation in the Japanese SS starting mid Sep, just 2 weeks after IBL)...

    I think the officer 's right. And really do not understand why CW did so instead of really take a good rest after the WC.

    Becoz of money? Or he is so devoted to promote badminton in India that event taking his own career into risk? His cramp in WC recovered really so fast??
    I think the opponents in that league are so easy for him he might think it won't hinder his recovery at all

  14. #9602
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    A govt sports officer today said that CW should not go to IBL (14-31 Aug) right after WC, particularly after he suffered a serious cramp at the MS finals on 11 Aug... (Not to mention CW's participation in the Japanese SS starting mid Sep, just 2 weeks after IBL)...

    I think the officer 's right. And really do not understand why CW did so instead of really take a good rest after the WC.

    Becoz of money? Or he is so devoted to promote badminton in India that event taking his own career into risk? His cramp in WC recovered really so fast??
    Unless NSC director general Datuk Zolkples Embong is the personal doctor or has consulted LCW's doctor, I think he needs to STFU.

    He's already known in China (Billion people) and now add India ( Billion people) and probably getting a nice check too. I think that makes all the sense in the world. It's also not like LCW has any problems winning super series events.

  15. #9603
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    Unless NSC director general Datuk Zolkples Embong is the personal doctor or has consulted LCW's doctor, I think he needs to STFU.

    He's already known in China (Billion people) and now add India ( Billion people) and probably getting a nice check too. I think that makes all the sense in the world. It's also not like LCW has any problems winning super series events.
    Its good that LCW is willing to participate in all these events. Why should he reduced
    his participation, for heavens sake, he did reach the final of the WC vs the best that
    China and Indonesia had to offer. He suffered cramps in the final, no big deal, and has
    recovered. Whether for money or fame, thats hes right and he deserve them.

  16. #9604
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    A govt sports officer today said that CW should not go to IBL (14-31 Aug) right after WC, particularly after he suffered a serious cramp at the MS finals on 11 Aug... (Not to mention CW's participation in the Japanese SS starting mid Sep, just 2 weeks after IBL)...

    I think the officer 's right. And really do not understand why CW did so instead of really take a good rest after the WC.

    Becoz of money? Or he is so devoted to promote badminton in India that event taking his own career into risk? His cramp in WC recovered really so fast??
    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Its good that LCW is willing to participate in all these events. Why should he reduced
    his participation, for heavens sake, he did reach the final of the WC vs the best that
    China and Indonesia had to offer. He suffered cramps in the final, no big deal, and has
    recovered. Whether for money or fame, thats hes right and he deserve them.
    Pro baddy players play for a livelihood, this is their job and they have a short shelf life to cash in. It is just that fans/forumers/govt officer saying shouldn't go because he may get hurt and JO13 is so close, you know what fans are so stucked up with winning honors, and the end of the day, money talks loud and clear.
    Playing in IBL is a dream job come true, LCW cashing USA135K to play 7 easy days especially with no CHN boys to haunt him. Have you figure out how much this figure convert to ringgit (>500K RM) and how many people makes this figure a lifetime while Dato makes it in 7 days regardless he wins or loses. Cramp, so what, big deal?
    Winning a SS takes 5 gruelling days fighting the CHN boys and the take is USD25K-30K, lose early and the take is less.
    So playing in IBL doing exhibition is equal to 5 SS wins combined. No wonder RS and TSB go too, easy cash. TH supposed to have retired, why he is playing in IBL and got hantam...because the pay is good and easy money.
    So the govt chap saying LCW should not go play IBL, risking injury...Dato must be saying, you are nuts and easy for you to pass this cash up since you are not offer ed this easy cash. Dato is laughing all the way to the bank.

  17. #9605
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,503
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    This is LCW thread.
    Posts praising LD remains.
    Posts criticizing LD were deleted.
    Guess the moderators are LD fans.
    Potentially inflammatory posts were diverging with no mention of LCW (who happens to be the topic of the thread). The material in the deleted posts actually appear in other threads.

    As for mods being LD fans, the mods are fans of all beings who promote badminton. But not trolls and troublemakers.

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 829
    : 09-03-2014, 09:47 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •