User Tag List

Page 570 of 591 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... LastLast
Results 9,674 to 9,690 of 10032
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

No rest for weary Chong Wei

by rajes paul

Lee Chong Wei seen here giving young kids a coaching clinic in this filepic. The world No.1 shuttler would love to have a longer break after returning from his European swing but he has been entered for the back-to-back China and Hong Kong Opens beginning 12 November.
    KUALA LUMPUR: Three more tournaments within one month.

That is world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s commitment for this year as he seeks to end this season on a high note at the China Open in Shanghai from Nov 12-17, Hong Kong Open in Kowloon from Nov 19-24 and the Super Series Finals from Dec 11-15 in Kuala Lumpur.

“If given a choice, I would like to rest. I am however not in a situation to do so. I have been entered for the back-to-back China and Hong Kong Opens. As for the Finals, I am left with no choice but to play because it is held at home,” said Chong Wei.

It would be complete folly to expect Chong Wei to peak in all three tournaments but the Malaysian has vowed to give his best.

“I have just returned from Europe and have not even recovered from my jet lag. I started light training yesterday (Wednesday). My main focus right now is to do well in the back-to-back China and Hong Kong Opens,” he said.

He is looking for quick redemption against China’s Chen Long in the China Open, which is a Super Series Premier. It is compulsory for the top 10 players in the world to play in China.

In the draw released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Tuesday, top seed Chong Wei has been grouped in the same half as Du Pengyu, Wang Zhengming and Chen Yueken of China; Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen and Hans-Kristian Vittinghus; and Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana.

Chen Long will have a more challenging task as he is drawn with reigning French Open champion Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark, Kenichi Tago of Japan, World Championships bronze medallist Nguyen Tien Minh of Vietnam; and two Malaysians Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng.

Daren will take on Jorgensen in the first round while Wei Feng starts off facing Thailand’s rising star Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk.

“The draw is similar to the one in Denmark and I will have a host of players from China as company. In Denmark, I lost to Chen Long (in the final) and in the French Open, I lost in the semi-finals (to Kenichi). It will be tough but I hope to recover from my lethargy by then.”

On Thursday, Chong Wei took the opportunity to wish all his friends and fans Happy Deepavali, adding “It will be a busy day for me on Saturday as I will be visiting all my Hindu friends”.
    Last edited by nokh88; 11-01-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    A bit of correction here....'LD on the other hand, was and is the best player for close to a decade, winning all the majors he played in, after he lost the first 2 majors: OLY04 and AG06. And since then LD has not lost a single major to anyone. Hope I am correct?
    Well, i think LD also lost the WC'05 and WC'10 title. But you're nearly there.

But why are you guys keep talking about LD in LCW's thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Well, i think LD also lost the WC'05 and WC'10 title. But you're nearly there.

But why are you guys keep talking about LD in LCW's thread?
    Just got carried away, lah...sorry. And thanks for the WC05 and WC10 correction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Just got carried away, lah...sorry. And thanks for the WC05 and WC10 correction.
    You're welcome!

And don't sorry to me, i am not the owner of the thread. Just a reminder before the fans got objected. Peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chong Wei would better skip the last two SS tournaments. I've just read his physical condition is questionable because of the reminiscence of last's year's ankle injury. He has played many international tournaments this year, adding to the Indo, China and India leagues. He has an advance of 20k points in the SS rankings over the n2, and a 40k advance over the n8, so I guess he'd better take some rest and get back in form in the SS finals next month and make a good run in Malaysia SS in january.

Getting an injury in HK or China in the coming weeks would be catastrophic, preventing him from playing the SS finals held in KL and then the Malaysia Open a few weeks later, at home again. I guess those two tournaments are competition he doesn't want to miss in order to get back on the track after a mediocre european tour and to start 2014 well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The event was just over the weekend, if anybody is a fan, I have an extra one in English. Only one. Probably some of you guys want to collect it.

I like the part about his childhood and growing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avaxis View Post

The event was just over the weekend, if anybody is a fan, I have an extra one in English. Only one. Probably some of you guys want to collect it.

I like the part about his childhood and growing up.

Are you willing to give it to me for free? Hehehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is FREE in life

I think Datuk LCW has the skills and talent.. he seems to be lacking luck...Sigh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the book out very long liaw

niw only sign ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avaxis View Post
    Nothing is FREE in life

I think Datuk LCW has the skills and talent.. he seems to be lacking luck...Sigh.
    Agreed! More like LCW is unlucky to be in the same era with LD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laivc View Post
    Agreed! More like LCW is unlucky to be in the same era with LD.
    It is lucky for the true badminton fans, I can't imagine one of the two is missing. It is the golden era of badminton. Thank LCW for his passion for the game and provides us with many memorable matches. He may not win any of the majors when he retires but he will be remembered a true champion in our heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    It is lucky for the true badminton fans, I can't imagine one of the two is missing. It is the golden era of badminton. Thank LCW for his passion for the game and provides us with many memorable matches. He may not win any of the majors when he retires but he will be remembered a true champion in our heart.
    Hope LCW takes up coaching and produce world and olympic champions - since
    he has experience multiple losses - he's the best to teach how to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Hope LCW takes up coaching and produce world and olympic champions - since
    he has experience multiple losses - he's the best to teach how to win.
    Not all players are able to coach well. Being a former player and then becoming a a coach doesn't going to make him successful in his new job. He may give several tips on how to improve a person's game but probably not the actual coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I thought the book out very long liaw

niw only sign ?
    The book's been out for a while, but I don't live next door to LCW so I can't just give him a call and ask him to sign my book. I had to go to the event last weekend to queue and get it signed during the autograph session.

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    Win or lose, LCW is #1 for sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by carltan101 View Post
    Not all players are able to coach well. Being a former player and then becoming a a coach doesn't going to make him successful in his new job. He may give several tips on how to improve a person's game but probably not the actual coaching.
    Yup, that is true. To coach is not only about skill and technique, but about motivation, setting goals, planning and arranging the player's wellbeing. Being a player, you single-mindedly focus on 1 thing..improving your game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what should lee chong wei do to defeat chen long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what should lee chong wei do to defeat chen long in upcoming year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baddychamp View Post
    what should lee chong wei do to defeat chen long in upcoming year
    LCW has to enter the time tunnel and become 25 years old again!
    Then for sure Chen Long will be biting the dust/carpet.