User Tag List

Page 22 of 590 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 122 522 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post

They look so happy together!
    can i have meow chu's friendster?After watched her matches in CO....me really wish to know her more....she make us proud!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pemuda, didn't i apologize to you for saying you were agressive?

i've said it two times already, that the principle i hold i believe should be applied to various sports! sheesh! i love volleyball and tennis too, and i do insist that these disciplines use such officiating.

do some re-reading to understand the flow of what's going on and what i've been saying, bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, the more u guys write, the more confused I get. Why don't u guys just stop here and enjoy the great badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Guys, the more u guys write, the more confused I get. Why don't u guys just stop here and enjoy the great badminton?
    Dear Robin,,Badminton has become street fight since China open so is normal that its fans start to follow suit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    should we volunteer to become linesmen or umpire???
    You have to swear on a stack of bible your allegiance to CHN, only then you are allowed to carry XXF's equipment bad and maybe her water bottle...hehehe!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You have to swear on a stack of bible your allegiance to CHN, only then you are allowed to carry XXF's equipment bad and maybe her water bottle...hehehe!!!
    I dont think they use bible in china more about the RED BOOK! Everyone carry since baby!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Sometimes we forget joy of watching and/or playing Badminton

Agree with you robin7,

Sometimes we discuss so many things here that we forget joy of watching and/or playing Badminton.

One such discussion that many have debated was the OSS vs NSS.

And those who really enjoy Badminton did the right thing... they still enjoy playing regardless of whether the OSS or the NSS is used.

So about LCW, I still enjoy how he plays, regardless of whether he is mentally tough or not.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Agree with you robin7,

Sometimes we discuss so many things here that we forget joy of watching and/or playing Badminton.

One such discussion that many have debated was the OSS vs NSS.

And those who really enjoy Badminton did the right thing... they still enjoy playing regardless of whether the OSS or the NSS is used.

So about LCW, I still enjoy how he plays, regardless of whether he is mentally tough or not.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    New scoring system is sending the game into dissaray! That's what li yong bo said!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Probably LYB still thinks his players will play better under the OSS

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post

New scoring system is sending the game into dissaray! That's what li yong bo said!

Hehehe...

Probably LYB still thinks that his players have better advantages if they were to play under the OSS.

BTW, when did he say that ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe...

Probably LYB still thinks that his players have better advantages if they were to play under the OSS.

BTW, when did he say that ?

LYB is good so good that he takes the pressure of his players

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Better to leave LYB out of this LCW's thread

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post

LYB is good so good that he takes the pressure of his players

We better leave LYB out of this LCW's thread.

LYB's thread is located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=49635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly, robin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pemuda,

What ants have said is true... many factors are required to be considered if we are to guess who will win a match.

Correct me if I am wrong. To me, a player's "mental toughness" is his/her determination to win... without being distracted by troubles or difficulties preventing him/her from achieving his/her goal.

Even if we were to consider just 2 factors, say "mental toughness" and skills, there are 7 scenarios, as listed here...

1. When 2 players, A and B, are of equal skills, the one with greater "mental toughness" is more likely to win.

2. When A's skills are better than B's, and A is more determined to win, then A is most likely to win.

3. When A's skills are better than B's, and both are just as determined to win, then A is still more likely to win.

4. When A's skills are better than B's, and A is not as determined to win, then perhaps both are just as likely to win.

5. When A's skills are not better than B's, and A is more determined to win, then again perhaps both are just as likely to win.

6. When A's skills are not better than B's, and both are just as determined to win, then B is more likely to win.

7. When A's skills are not better than B's, and A is not as determined to win, then B is most likely to win.

So if we were to bring in other factors considered as important for a player to become a champion, then we could see that we will need a very long list (of scenarios) to study all the different likely outcomes.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    Mental toughness is more than just about one's determination to win. It is also about one's ability to handle pressure i.e. winning major tournaments away from home. It is also about one ability to handle fame with humility and not get distracted by it. Mental toughness is also about how one overcome adversity i.e. coming back from major injuries. It is also about preseverance.

As for LCW, this is where he is lacking as compared to Lin Dan. Look at the WC, held in LCW's backyard but the boy found the pressure too hard to handle and collapsed. The most recent one was last Sunday when a few close calls went against him. LCW was clearly affected by it and lost focus.

I have said many times, skills wise Lin Dan and LCW are pretty much neck to neck. The difference is the mental toughness on Lin Dan's part thus the numerous super series titles, 2 back to back WCs and 3 All Englands.

Thats the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    Dude, some encouragement and applause should be given to our players sometimes, instead of more complaining . LCW is not exactly mentally tough, but definitely improving. His results this year also an improvement from last year, shredding the "jaguh kampung" tag. Yes, he did fall during this WC, but i saw him a better player afterwards. Nth wrong in growing slower than others. Hey, didnt Hendrawan and ZN finally succeeded in their 30s?
    Dude, what I did was merely presenting the facts. And if that is hurtful to you, I suggest you wake up and accept the reality part. What else you want me to say? Sugar coat things for you so that it is easy on the eyes??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishyjojo View Post
    pemuda, didn't i apologize to you for saying you were agressive?

i've said it two times already, that the principle i hold i believe should be applied to various sports! sheesh! i love volleyball and tennis too, and i do insist that these disciplines use such officiating.

do some re-reading to understand the flow of what's going on and what i've been saying, bud.
    Yes, you did indeed.

But since you took out the dictionary and threw that 'high-strung' label at me, I merely requested you to furnish me where and when was I 'high-strung'?? I simply want to know on what basis you claimed that I 'tend to be very nervous and easily excited'??

This has nothing to do with that 'agressive' thingy. Please dont mix things up, shall we?

And do let me correct you, you only mentioned badminton and not various sports in your "but i still cling to what i said--in games like badminton, umpires with the same nationality as anyone inside the court shouldn't be allowed".

... but anyway, lets move on ... though should we apply your argument on not having umpires/linesmen 'with the same nationality as anyone inside the court', dont you think it can be a logistic issue i.e. you need to get umpires/linesmen from numerous countries???

Very nervous and excited now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, i swear this is the last time i'll go over this

here you go, pemuda:

from message #329:
    tut tut! read again, i'm not saying that lcw lost due to the bad calls. he probably admitted it himself that bcl was the better player on that day. having an umpire from the same country as one of the players/camps in any sport or any tournament like badminton per se is never fair in my book.

from message #336:
    sorry about the "tut tut" part. you were getting quite agressive so i reacted sarcastically.
    anyway, yes i do apply it universally, like what i said, in any sport and in any tournament.

from message #348:
    humans being prone to errors in judging is a given, but i still cling to what i said--in games like badminton, umpires with the same nationality as anyone inside the court shouldn't be allowed. it leaves for a smaller chance of any downright partisan officiating. -----> "IN GAMES LIKE BADMINTON" i said

now the reason why i gave yout those dictionary links was to prove to you that i wasn't wrong when i said "high-strung," to which you responded by saying "get your facts straight before you run that mouth of yours." do you see the flow? that's like saying "shut up and learn vocabulary." and i just had to prove that my vocabulary was completely fine.

now why did i say you were high-strung (agressive)?
    i asked, which i swear to my poor dog's grave, a perfectly innocent question which had nothing to do with bcl and lcw's match--isn't having umpires coming from the same country as one of the players inside the court unfair in itself? in your response, i was like "am i the person he is talking to? did i say anything wrong?" and that's why i thought you were agressive.
    i apologized for saying tut tut because, well, i thought you were being agressive and i just had to restate my own stand which was in relation to my very first question, because you may have misunderstood me--it was all about officiating.
    then you went wild and threw all those malaysian open thingamajiggers (which is why i said you were jumping to conclusions, because i simply had no idea what you were saying) and even almost called me hypocritical and being a sore loser. again, i was like "huh??? what on earth is he saying?"
    now, i took back my second apology later on because you did not acknowledge it and even said that i was bordering on being hypocritical and being a sore loser. how would anyone react if he were called that way, and even more so since it is so far from the truth?
    now do you understand why i said you were high-strung?

i'm so sorry for any misunderstanding, pemuda. *extends right hand to shake*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishyjojo View Post
    guys, i swear this is the last time i'll go over this

here you go, pemuda:

from message #329:
    tut tut! read again, i'm not saying that lcw lost due to the bad calls. he probably admitted it himself that bcl was the better player on that day. having an umpire from the same country as one of the players/camps in any sport or any tournament like badminton per se is never fair in my book.

from message #336:
    sorry about the "tut tut" part. you were getting quite agressive so i reacted sarcastically.
    anyway, yes i do apply it universally, like what i said, in any sport and in any tournament.

from message #348:
    humans being prone to errors in judging is a given, but i still cling to what i said--in games like badminton, umpires with the same nationality as anyone inside the court shouldn't be allowed. it leaves for a smaller chance of any downright partisan officiating. -----> "IN GAMES LIKE BADMINTON" i said

now the reason why i gave yout those dictionary links was to prove to you that i wasn't wrong when i said "high-strung," to which you responded by saying "get your facts straight before you run that mouth of yours." do you see the flow? that's like saying "shut up and learn vocabulary." and i just had to prove that my vocabulary was completely fine.

now why did i say you were high-strung (agressive)?
    i asked, which i swear to my poor dog's grave, a perfectly innocent question which had nothing to do with bcl and lcw's match--isn't having umpires coming from the same country as one of the players inside the court unfair in itself? in your response, i was like "am i the person he is talking to? did i say anything wrong?" and that's why i thought you were agressive.
    i apologized for saying tut tut because, well, i thought you were being agressive and i just had to restate my own stand which was in relation to my very first question, because you may have misunderstood me--it was all about officiating.
    then you went wild and threw all those malaysian open thingamajiggers (which is why i said you were jumping to conclusions, because i simply had no idea what you were saying) and even almost called me hypocritical and being a sore loser. again, i was like "huh??? what on earth is he saying?"
    now, i took back my second apology later on because you did not acknowledge it and even said that i was bordering on being hypocritical and being a sore loser. how would anyone react if he were called that way, and even more so since it is so far from the truth?
    now do you understand why i said you were high-strung?

i'm so sorry for any misunderstanding, pemuda. *extends right hand to shake*
    No probs dude. You give as good as you receive.

Page 22 of 590 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 122 522 ... LastLast