MP100's.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Oct 4, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Ok, im not trying to hate on Yonex or anything, but my friend who has a Mp100 just broke it. He said he hit a shot perfectly in the sweetspot and bAM!!, his racket broke. He is really good and he rarely hits the frame if ever. All i know is that i think the durability of the mp100 is absolutely horrible. From what i can see, i think the MP77 is a lot better in durabilty than the 100. Could it be a marketing strategy, make the expensive rackets fragile so they can sell more? maybe, i doubt it though. I think it's just a racket design flaw of some sort, or some sort of sacrifice they made. ok, i just had to say that.

2. Harry

Harry Guest

yep, i also just broke my MP100 last week . sigh
    there goes my $$$$

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    at least it went out with a BANG :lol:

4. Avatar

harry, did you clash your mp100? or was it a regular hit like trunkz's friend? i really want to know if any other mp100 owners broke their mp100 without clashing??? please respond, unfortunate mp100 owners...

5. Clive

Clive Guest

My MP100 is Strong as an ox!

My MP100 (2UG3, MicroLegend at 20lbs) has had tons of racket clashes, has been trodden on twice, once by me during a rally and once by a large and clumsy woman partner.

After all that it still looks pretty good and doesn't even have any paint off yet. Yes, I have heard the horror stories from this site, but the local pro shop has sold heaps and only two have broken and they both came from the same player! I've played with him and can see why.

I reckon a lot of the breakages arise from too much string tension. I'm not convinced there's much point in going above the manufacturer's recommendation of 22lbs.

6. sattu

sattu Guest

i have seen quite a few discussions on badminton badmintoncentral.com on the MP-100 where many have complained about the 'fragility' of this racket( quite a few broken racket cases there :( ) . In fact that has been a deciding factor for me to not go in for a Mp-100