Carlton Rasmussen

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kain, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Kain

Kain Guest

Hey everyone

I was at this one sports store today and saw the Rasmussen on sale. I heard there are 2 different types of this racket. The one in the store said graphite on it. Can someone tell me the differences between the two rackets and if it is worth getting the graphite one for $69 canadian?

2. Dave

Dave Guest

I've heard a lot about the Rusmussen, check on www.badmintoncentral.com where they have reviews on equipment. As far as I know of, then rasmussen is a 1999 model from Carleton, since then they've replaced it with the AS Ti. The Rasmussen Graphite I heard is not close to as good as the other one.

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Actually, both have decor that says "graphite". What you need to look at (apart from weight, playing characteristics etc) is the handle. Or rather, the cap of the handle, where the shaft is inserted. If it's an elongated white plastic cone (maybe 6-8 cm long) then it's the "cheap" version. Don't get that one.

The "real" Rasmussen has the Carlton flex cap: a black plastic and white rubber (or was it the other way around?) thingie, quite short, mode pyramid-shaped, maybe 3-4 cm long.

Guessing from the price you have found the cheapo version.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

But................. for $69, that is not that bad of a price for the graphite version and it is not that bad of a racquet at all. It is just bad if you compare it to the real thing. So if you still want to get it, then for $69, i say buy it!!