higher end strings?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bertbrainz, Jan 13, 2007.

1. bertbrainz

bertbrainz Regular Member

hey guys...i am just wondering...is it worth it to pay for higher end strings such as nanology95, bg80, bg85 ,bg68ti?or is bg65 ,bg66 enuff for a average player?

personally, i use bg66 when i started playing badminton...but as time pass...my string snaps frequently...bout once in 3weeks time...haha...so i switched to bg65...bg65 is a wonderful string...the sound is great when u hit the contact spot and smashes are more powerful than bg66...control is great too...and recently...i played with the bg80 and 85...though the strings are powerful...the shuttle seems to travel faster....but control of the shuttle is lousy...are all of u experiencing the same thing or is it just me?:eek::eek:

thks guys for ur views...is it really worth paying for those high end strings?:):)and pls list down the strings tt u use...thks in advance!!!:D:D:D

2. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Have you done a search? After all, there is an ENTIRE SUBFORUM called Badminton String :D

3. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

It more of a preference for me.
    You might like BG65,but i need to 5lbs higher just to maintain the tension lost during the first week. and not every racket can take until 30lbs and i don't wish to put any of my racket as stake.

BG66 is one of the best string ever created by yonex.
    Excellent replusion and decent control.Just lacking in the duralibilty department.
    I used BG85 and BG80 before and i find them to be good.

Whether it worth it or not depend on your level of play and personal preference.
    I definately won't mind paying extra $2 just to get BG80 since i usually used that.

4. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    Like lobber said, higher end strings arent really that much differnt. dependiong on how often you break your strings, they are often worth paying an extra 2-5 dollers for. Plus bg 80-85 have excellent control IMO

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    BG65 were great in durability..but so lack in holding tension.i also used BG68ti..it sounds good,powerful but lack in durability.I'm currently using BG65,nanology95,Feiton speed 0.66,Kason pro choice on my rackets.Looking forward to try the BG80,85 and new Kason professional.

6. bertbrainz

lol...ditto to tt!!!haha...i wonder how does gosen strings compare to yonex strings...is there any similar gosen strings tt is similar to yonex?looking for cheaper alternative strings...haha

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

8. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    dude, this is that forum lol

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    String type and tension is very much personal preference. It takes quite a few demo to get to the combo that you feel comfortable with. Whether the combo "worth" the investment or not, ask your wallet. ;)

Personally, I prefer BG80 over BG65.

10. Clecwm

Clecwm Regular Member

Depends all on ur wallet. If u restring in about every 4 months, u should invest in a good one strung at a mid-high tension(depending on play style). If u can afford or restring often, u should consider a more mid-lvl string since its best for ur wallet n wouldnt let ur game suffer too much. For me, I refuse to scringe on the strings since I find them even more impt than the frame at times.

11. bertbrainz

lol...icic...hmmm...currently still using bg65...still the best string ever...it produces "base" sound which is very pleasant to the ears...haha...