Prommmm, Senior Prom Help For A Badminton Player

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jrjrdinh, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jrjrdinh

jrjrdinh Regular Member

I want to ask a girl to prom thats on the badminton team with me. I'm captain too ;D. I was wondering if there was any cool badminton ideas I can do to ask her to go with me. Any suggestions =D?

2. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    write on a bird "Will you go with me to senior prom?" and hit it to her than after she reads it ask her? =/ Only one prob if the bird gets intercepted LOL xD i think im the same situation as you, im one of team captain and im asking a girl on the badminton team to prom except im a junior v^^ you still got like 4 months to do it

#2 tecdecs, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    something you should learn from Harry Potter: "ask early." ;)

4. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Whatever you do after she accepts don't say we are going to have a smash!

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Captain of the team . . . Hmmm, isn't there a conflict of interest :D :D :D? Yeah, tell us how it went afterward.

6. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    well how err big do you want to get? the birdie is a good idea. Make it into a keychain style one and write on it "will you go to prom with me?" then see if u can get it put in her locker so that when she opens it, it's right there. other ideas would be hiding a note in the grip of a racket, using birdies to spell out something on the floor, but some of these might go into stalkerish activities. anyways good luck =)

7. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

if you use synthetic grip, go unwrap one on your racquets, and write it on the outside, but overlapped and hidden surface, then put it back on carefully. later on, ask her to regrip the racquet for you, and she'll slowly unwrwap the message.

theres a lot of wacky ways of doing this stuff. but personally i think she "might" be more appreciative if you did it seperate of badminton. not everything has to revolve around badminton. :p

and whatever you do, remember what kwun and eurasian said. ask early, and don't crack any corny jokes. :D

writing a message on a shuttle, or attaching a note and stuff on a shuttle, and hitting it to the intended girl is a bad idea. my friend tried it, and the plan unfolded in a very unexpected, funny, but unsuccessful way. and yes, it got intercepted. hahaha

#7 chickenpoodle, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  8. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Forget about badminton. Don't talk about it, don't use it as the reason to ask her to the prom. Forget you're even the team captain. Ask her as yourself, not as "the guy who plays badminton at the same club twice a week".

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    What happened to the days of going up to the girl asking her and then waiting for the yes or no.

Jezzzzz are we all getting lily livered in this new generation? The more fancy things you try the more reason you have to screw up and she might think you're an ass for trying to do stupid stunts.

10. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    If she has a good sense of humour and is a baddy nut then asking her using a shuttlecock etc might make her laugh and say yes. If, however, she's not a baddy nut (I've never met a girl obsessed with badminton in the way some some blokes are) then I think Chickenpoodle, Wilfred and Fend are right.

Personally, if you like her I think you should tell her. In the words of the true guru of love "Tell her about it, Tell her all your crazy dreams, Let her know you need her, Let her know how much she means"

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree.

I hope you like the girl, because who she is, not only because she also plays badminton. Therefore, let's put the racket and shuttles aside for a while. Come up, and ask in a polite way, then hope for the best. :p

12. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    I miss highschool. =[

13. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

Agree with crosscourt. Most girls don't link romance/love or formal dance with badminton, so just ask her as yourself, w/o reference to badminton. I know self confidence about girls is hard in HS, but be a man.

14. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I also agree. She might think something overly romantic for an item such as a prom is a little strange, but then, prom is probably a way bigger deal for wherever you than here (here, no one really cares).

15. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Influenced by American tv (Wonder Years anybody?), I could go on and on but this being a wholesome family forum after all, I'd rather not. ;)

16. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

If all else fails use the Borat approach. Make a big strong sack and embroider it. Ask her to goto prom with you, if she says no then throw the sack over her and take her anyways.