second racket, on which should i look at?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by der_phil, Jan 14, 2007.

1. der_phil

der_phil Regular Member

student
    hi folks!

at first excuse mistakes, english is my secound language and not my best:rolleyes:

so a bit of me:

i'm playing badminton for around 4 years and i'm usin the yonex ti-5 light since 2 years.
    in the near future i want to buy a new racket but i don't know which suits best to me or on which series i should look at, but i have an eye of a yonex racket.

so im trying to say something about my skills.

just like i said im usin a ti-5 light and im very pleased with it.
    my game style is more offensive , my smash is very powerful :)rolleyes: so thats what my coach says:" i got the best hit in our club after one of the seniors)and my strokes are pretty accurate. my net game isnt so good, my drops are going too far but my clears at the net are very good.
    i'm pretty fast and i could reach nearly every hit of my opponent if i wouldnt be so lazy at sometimes :eek:

in the future i would like to concentrate on my offensive and strategically game. i want to win a rally with the smallest number of smashes as possible and at the same time i want to change my game into a fast and ertain defense if its necessary.

so my question is too should i look on a racket which has power or should i loke for one who improves or ensured basics because i just have a powerful smash?

note: im interested in ms 99 or ms 100 but i keep an open mind for other series.

hm are these enough information? thanks for help if i get some :)

2. der_phil

der_phil Regular Member

student
    oh ive forgot something... i play three times a week each time 2 hours and concenrtating on my single matches..
    i play in our youth team and im very serious in improving my game

#2 der_phil, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Rackets on my list for aggressive single player would be: AT700 or AT500 (for the less arm strong), NS9k, Cab 20/30ms (moreso the 30ms for power), AT800Of, Woven-7/11, Carlton Powerblade, NCode (to some degree their rackets are nice, though I would put yonex over wilson if you have the money) and of course mp99/100 which are both very nice rackets.

4. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    If you like your current racquet, why not get another of the same?

Always, always, always have two of your primary racquet. That way, if one breaks, or the string breaks, you wont lose accuracy/consistency adjusted to a differently constructed racquet.

5. der_phil

der_phil Regular Member

student
    yes westwood. i would like to have a ti 5 again but it isnt produced anymore and i don't want to have an used racket.
    and i know i should have two rackets which are the same... but theres the problem with the ti ^^ all my coaches ot 2 or more ti-5's.. so if i find a new racket that i'll lik i will buy a secound one

thx dummey for the names, so i don't know most of them but i will look for them

thx