Amateur Leagues in BC

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by hador7, Jan 17, 2007.

1. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

Hi, I'm just wondering whether there are any amateur leagues in BC. Ones that play maybe once or twice a week in the lower mainland and are competitive (i.e. tournament format, etc). My partner and I are not pro's and think it would be fun to play around the same lvl players.

Anyways, let us all know ;)

2. papajon

papajon Regular Member

well there arent any 'leagues' that i know of personally, well that depends on what you mean by leagues, there are a bunch of drop-in ladder type nights where basically youre opponents keep getting better week by week until you cant move on any further, they have these at VRC(members only) and varoius community centers around the lower mainland, if you are a junior, there are a bunch of 'B' level tournaments in the lower mainland and if youre an adult im pretty sure there are sort of 'not so pro?' tournaments, im really not sure but anyways thats all the info i can offer, hope it helped.

3. LoveJoy

LoveJoy Regular Member

It is my understanding that C1/C2 is planning a doubles ladder on sunday nights. Why don't you give them a call and inquire.

cheers