Aerosilver 25 :confused:

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by twobeer, Jan 17, 2007.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Today I played in a newsly started club, that is making a deal with Yonex as a club sponsor..

They got sent a few tubes of Yonex AeroSilver 25 ?!?!? from Yonex Denmark.. What the f.. is Aerosilver?? The only thing I could find was on this forum the http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3866&highlight=aerosilver ...

Does anyone have any info on AeroSilver? Are these duck? or goose? Are these oem-shuttles imporetd only to Yonex Denmark??

It seems there are AeroSilver 10,15,25,35,and 45 ??!?

I cant see the point why Yonex is having a AeroSilver line as well as an Aerosensa line ??? I am confused :confused:

Anyone know the details about Yonex AeroSilver shuttles ???

Should Aerosilver 25 be comparable to AS-20??

/Twobeer

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    (From previous thread):

were your experiences similar twobeer? lol:mad: :confused: :D

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually I only played half a game or so with them (I have my own HEAD 70, that i got at Copenhagen Masters to play with :) which are ok btw.. )

But it didn't seem to be very good (Compared to AS-30 and above anyway, long time since i tried AS-20 so I dont know if they are comparable)..

But I am curious if there are similarites between the Aerosensa, Aerosilver series, and/or what differences.. Also if these only are available from Yonex DK, or worldwide?!?!

I cant finde these shuttles on any yonex web-site, so I puzzled why yonex sells these to clubs here..

/T

4. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    It's probably duck feathers....goose feathers are mostly made for the higher end shuttles. Maybe you can do a search on yahoo or google.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Googled on Aerosilver, but didn't really get much wiser.. So I thought maybe someone here has a Yonex friend who knows about these shuttles..

seems like Aerosilver 35 is quite expensive in danish webb-shops, so I can't imagine it isnt goose...

/T

6. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm then I have no clue then.

7. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Just been on Yonex's Danish site and theres no mention of AeroSilvers, but if there like the AS15's then there duck rather than goose feather.

8. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I know that the sport chains (Stadium and Intersport) are selling this line (aerosilver) instead of aerosensa. Never seen them so far in any club racket shop, guess they won't be common either.....

Never tried them myself, so can't comment about performance.

9. Ole

Ole Regular Member

Student
    Maybe I can clear up some points even if it's an old post:p
    The Aerosilver is not the same as Aerosensa. I think the Aerosilver is sold in countries where badminton isn't a popular sport, hence Norway. They are very cheap compared to aerosensa. I've played alot with Aerosilver and in some tournaments with Aerosensa. My feel is that Aerosilver is a very low grade bird vs aerosensa, it has poor durability, flight ect, so if you come across a Aerosilver don't buy it.
    I've stopped and moved on to Forza. Aerosensa 35 is 30$ a piece, that's to expensive for me.