Aerodynamics

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Oct 12, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    How much do you think aerodynamics have a impact on your shots? Like using a more aerodynamic racket to one not as aero. Or using a slim one and a non slim one. Does it really effect your racket speed that much, or is it like everything else in badminton and just a marketing gimmek?

2. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Oh yeah, what is the weight distrubution of the YY Slim-10 and how much does it weight?

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I have 3 of these Slim-10s. Its head light....... Can't tell you the exact measurement though as it varies depending on the grip size......

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Aerodynamics, and racquet design have a big impact on how fast the racquet is able to be swung.

Evidence by using a wooden racquet, and the yonex ti10.

Marketing gimmicks are limited to the advertising campaigns that companies use to sell their equipment.... my opinion of course.

The truth is in how much the players like their equipment.

As for the Slim10, it's really thin frame, similar to the ti10, only it's more evenly balanced.
    The forza tech900 played very, very similar to that racquet... guess that's why once they went on clearance, they were the first products to sell out.
    I honestly don't think it was the marketing in this case... if a product was designed well, and it suits the favorable characterisitcs that most players like... they will mostly all tend to like that product.

Hope this helps.

-Kelvin

5. ovk

ovk Guest

Hi TrunkZ,
    I consider the slim-10 an even balanced racket (maybe slightly headheavy). The normal 2UG3 versions weights 88-89g strung but
    without any griptape (just the wooden handle). So it's slightly lighter than any other YY 2UG3 racket (yip, I just love the slim).
    And it's not as fragile as allways stated - I string all my slims with 24/26kp and have never had any problems.

6. modious

modious Regular Member

It's a head light racket IMO.
    I've looked at the old Yonex catalogue b4 and it states that the Slim 10 weighs around 90+ grams for the 2U version.
    It has a medium stiff shaft.