Malaysia Open 2007 SF in Pictures

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Loh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm now at hcyong's house in KL watching the soccer match betwee Liverpool and Chelsea, which Liverpool is leading by 2 nil.

I thought I should spend some time posting some pics of the SF which we watched today. Of course, Malaysia is rejoicing over the WS SF victory by Wong Mew Choo over Eriko of Japan and the MD win by KKK and TBH over their Indonesian counterparts. So at least there will be Malaysian players who will feature in the finals of the WS and MD. To some extent, this compensates for the loss of reigning champion, Lee Chong Wei in the MS.

Mixed Doubles in action:

Attached Files:

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Loh, your pictures are improving:) What have you learnt about photography these past few months?

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing the pics..

..Loh, thanks for sharing those pics:cool: ...i assume you have more pics??..;)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh you think so? Thanks. Actually I didn't do much, everything's about the same. I still use the 'programme mode' and just click away never attempting the manual settings.

What has changed is that I've replaced my aperture which was faulty and at the same time had my camera serviced. And during the MO, I sat at a higher position :) .

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    wow...Zheng/Gao beat Widianto/Natsir in such a convincing matter...

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ya...more to come as I'm now back at the office.

The MD final match between KKK/TBH and Tony/Candra was played last yesterday but had most of us spell-bound. It even eclipsed the MS match betwee Peter Gade and Bao CL. The younger pair's speed was too much for the veteran Indonesians to handle.

In the WD, Indonesia's Marissa and Polii played above themselves and gave the Chinese, Gao Ling and Huang Shi a fright in the first game before succumbing to their experience in the last two games. But M and P have already made an impact and will certainly be a force to reckon with in future. :)

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes, I was just as disappointed that the Indonesians lost very badly, 8-21,
    9-21. Quite ulike them, especially to this new Chinese partnership. However, Zheng does carry a big smash and Gao sets up well for him.

In the Final, against England's pair of Emms/Robertson, Zheng's smash was nullified by Robertson's equally devastating power. The match went into a rubber and had the Chinese not wake up in the third game, it could have been victory to England. Gao Ling redeemed herself from a lack luster secome game performance and was hurting the English with her intelligent net play and cross court placings in the final game. It let Zheng employ his favourite smash to a better advantage.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Relaxation before the battle

More pics on the sidelines during semifinals day:

Attached Files:

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Loh, thanks for the pics..^^

..thanks for sharing those non-actions & off court pics with us:cool:
    Looks like quite a few players have gotten the buzz hair-do this yr..And Mr. Robertson sure looks different with that new hair-do..hehe;) :D :cool:

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    XD China versus Indonesia

More pictures of the match between Zheng Bo/Gao Ling and Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir which China won 21-8, 21-9:

Attached Files:

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You're welcome. :)

BTW, the tenth picture shows Terry, our BC member who appears a good replacement for his good friend, ants, looking pretty smart as one of the VIPs with the Malaysian players. Terry was rather kind to pick us up at a petrol station and bring us, including BFer hcyong, to the hotel which he helped book for me and my other Singapore friend.

Hcyong is Malaysian and was particularly helpful in accompanying us during the three days at KLBA and eating out together. On the finals day, he drove us, including his younger brother and a friend from Kuantan, to the stadium and later to Pudu Jaya for our bus back to Singapore. He couldn't join us as he had arranged a night train back to Singapore to report for work the next day. We also enjoyed our short visit to his house to watch the Liverpool versus Chelsea soccer match.

Earlier, on quarter findals day, we also met kokcheng and his Alor Star buddies, including the fathers of Tan Boon Heong and Kenn Lim. ;)

12. terry

terry Regular Member

Loh, Thanks for the comment !

13. spchu

spchu Regular Member

Am the Kuantan friend in this story. Nice meeting you and Nicky, thanks HCyong for playing host to us ;) BTW, Loh, u didnt watch the Liverpool Vs Chelsea match at all since you were busy posting the photos here.

14. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Terry is the stand-in tour guide leader for ants.:D
    Wow! you are now a BC celebrity just like ants.;)

15. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    maybe a late observation... but i notice 2 things...

- GL always partner with a chubby XD partner

- robinson is no longer a pirate of caribbean's fan? :p

16. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Thanks for sharing the pics Loh :D :p :) Looks like Robertson had a shave as well :D Haha :p "Fan of Pirates of the Carribean", funny :D :rolleyes: Zheng/Gao are great, they will have a great chance at OG08 in Beijing :) Jia You ;)

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    XD between England and Denmark

More pics of the victorious English duo of Gail Emms /Nathan Robertson (who seems strange without his usual headress and facial hairs) and their Danish counterparts, Britta Andersen/Joachim Fischer Nielsen, who were beaten 21-17, 21-16:

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry the pics had disappeared. Will try again:

Attached Files:

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The Joy of Winning!

During the quarter finals third and final game, the Chinese pair of Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen pounded the Japanese fortress time and again to no avail. Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota defended stoutly with all their might and almost gave way, but they held on to win by a narrow margin. You can see how happy they are in winning.

This Japanese pair and their singles teammate, Eriko Hirose, are a delight to watch because they appear to be the most fashionable of all the teams in the competition. Just see for yourself. ;)

Attached Files:

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Lee Chong Wei dethroned by Bao Chun Lai

It came during the QF. Admittedly LCW was at a mental disadvantage having lost to BCL recently. Despite the huge vocal and 'kompang' support by the local fans who also cheered in unison with the balloon bangers, LCW remained a pale shadow of himself and the inevitable outcome came sooner than expected. LCW surrendered his crown in straight games of 14-21, 18-21 while Wong Mew Choo made recent history by marching into the finals. :(

Attached Files: