User Tag List

divirtual

Default Downtown Toronto?

I've been reading the forums, and see a lot of posts from people in the Metro Toronto area.

A simple question: is there a place in downtown Toronto where I can buy some feather shuttlecocks? I see the postings where the alternatives are north, around Highway 7, or way west on Bloor. These are really off the beaten path, when I live south of Queen Street, east of the Don Valley!

The last tube I bought from someone at the club, but that's an irregular sort of arrangement. I happened to be going by Sporting Life today, but they haven't stocked feather shuttlecocks since last year, when I bought them there.

FYI, I play at George Brown College (King Street East, near Sherbourne). It's really close to me. They have 4 courts well-lit courts with wood floors and play with feather birds. I've found the people to generally be friendly. I'm an intermediate player, so getting competition isn't an issue ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Downtown Toronto?

http://www.brownssports.com/

Brown's. They are probably the cheapest place in Toronto; unless you want to buy from Lee's even so, Browns says they will match the price of the shuttles on a 1 gross quantity (for those of you who do not know what 1 gross is, it's 12dozen shuttles)

The address is:
    2447 Bloor Street West
    Toronto, Ontario
    M6S 1P7
    Canada

I lived in Kitchener, and drove all the way into downtown for work after school for 4 years there... on Bloor street as well. I would hardly say your journey is all that far. :lol:

None the less... if you want the goods, at really good prices, sometimes it's worth it to go "out of the way" to get the products.

Hope this helps.
    -Kelvin

LL

Default Downtown shuttles

Hey, I have played at George Brown before, not too bad at all. Downtown to buy shuttles, hmmm, that is hard to think of. I know Sporting Life doesn't carry shuttles unless it is a fluke shipment, badminton is not on the priority list or lifestyle sports. It's SKI time.....

Anyways, I believe that you can get shuttles from the owner of Yo Sports, he plays at George Brown on Tuesdays I am pretty sure, he will also do racquet restringing pickup and delivery down at GB, Sea Lion shuttles are pretty good, not too expensive at all, I would use them if I didn't have my HiQua shuttles.

LL

Robert

Default Re: Downtown shuttles

If you don't want to travel at all you can buy through mail order - prices are attractive if you stick to specials.