Peter’s mental strength amazes Danish coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Malaysianfan, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

From The Star
    Monday January 22, 2007

Peter’s mental strength amazes Danish coach
    DANISH coach Thomas Stuer-Lauridsen is in awe over Peter Gade-Christensen's sensational Malaysian Open victory.
    “Peter showed that he was mentally very strong for the competition despite the tough circumstances that he had to overcome. That is the special thing about him,” said Stuer-Lauridesen.
    In fact, Stuer Lauridsen said that the outstanding win had brought back the confidence in Gade-Christensen, whose career almost came when he was bogged down by nagging knee injuries in 2000 and 2001.
    “Peter now knows that he has a chance out there. He came close to having to sit out the tournament but now, he has achieved one of his best wins. And the crowd just loved his attacking game,” said Stuer-Lauridsen.
    “His work ethics is excellent and he puts in so much effort in badminton. He also takes care of his body.
    “Players like him makes the job of the coaches like me easier. I am very thrilled over his achievement today.”

#1 Malaysianfan, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Mental strength really is the key in this sport.

I wonder if he'd lend me some?

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    maybe when he retires:D