A bit of trouble

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Simpson_90, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Simpson_90

Simpson_90 New Member

At school
    Hi there.. :)

I'm 16 and I've been playing since I was 9. Lately at tournaments I've been having a bit of trouble; when I move forward towards the net to pick up a eg. a drop, I tend to always hit the ball very low under the net.
    It's not that I'm not fast enough ('cause I am! ;) ), but it seens that it has just become a bad habit that I tend to do...

Does anybody know any exercises or advise to help me stop this?!?

- Thanks in advance ..

2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I suggest first, with a friend tossing the bird at a relatively slow interval, just hit net shots with footwork. Make a conscious effort to catch the bird as high as you can every time.

After that, you can move to multi-shuttle both sides, again the emphasis being on catching the bird high every time. To drive the point home, perhaps say you must hit 30 birds catching it high, and if you catch it low, you have to do pushups or that bird doesn't count or you must do more, or something.

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

just get a partner and practice net shots, keep going until it becomes natural.

4. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Put a small table there or something high enough. If you don't get it in time, it'll hit the table. Get to the drop before it hits the table! Put it a few inches below net level, perhaps half a foot.