User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly I must take my hats off to Kwun for such a thought provoking subject and his foresight in locking the thread when BC members become personal in their attacks on the players or other fans. Secondly, it's comforting to know that there are still many BC members who exercise professionalism, are impartial and cultured. That's why this thread is still on. Keep going guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read too much in this thread, but just wanted to add...

In the very near future, I think Chen Jin can be added to contenders list.

It didn't dawn on me, until I saw his face again, with recent video footage... that I finally recognized, and put a name to his face...
    But I did watch a few of the junior national & international tournaments this kid participated in quite some years ago now...

He is extremely talented... he's improved even further from his junior competition days...

I predict within the coming year and a bit, he will be butting heads in the finals with the other already greatly established greats of this generation. (edit: by this I mean, we should see him in final's of tournaments very very frequently, and even winning against some of his seniors)

Again, just my opinion

Now I wonder, if we could do an imaginary competition, and pitted all the greatest single's players against one another, in their prime... who would come out on top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    back in the mid to late 80s, there were the 4 "heavenly kings" of badminton, Icuk Sugiato, Morten Frost, Yang Yang and Zhao Jinhua. these guys revolves around each other and share majority of the title. other players like Xiong Guobao comes in a take a title or two but never manage to reach the similar status.

looking at today, i wonder if we are seeing another 4 king era. Peter Gade, Lin Dan, Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei. the most contended spot is really LCW's. though showing a lot of promise and maintains the #2 spot, he hasn't really shown much results.

the 4 kings of the two era have some simlarities.

Taufik is like Zhao Jinhua, nice techniques and ultra-talented, but not always the most motivated. can win the largest tournament but can also falters to lesser players.

Lin Dan is kind of like Yang Yang, always maintain high level of play and wins consistently.
    was searching for more details on the heavenly four king's exhibition match last weekend and found this thread.

4 years later and looks like kwun was correct on his prediction on the new four kings! i wonder who will replace the current four kings: Lee Chong Wei, Lin dan, Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad TH is performing badly lately. I doubt it if he can still remain as one of the 4 kings.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sautom88 View Post
    Too bad TH is performing badly lately. I doubt it if he can still remain as one of the 4 kings.
    I do agree with you that TH performed not as good as we all expect. However, it is very enjoyable to watch him playing. I believe it is one of the major reasons he has quite number of fans out there & consequently being selected by LYB in the 4 Heavenly Kings Battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    was searching for more details on the heavenly four king's exhibition match last weekend and found this thread.

4 years later and looks like kwun was correct on his prediction on the new four kings! i wonder who will replace the current four kings: Lee Chong Wei, Lin dan, Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat
    In no particular order I predict:

1) Viktor Axelsen
    2) Kenichi Tago
    3) Chen Long
    4) No solid contender yet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loafers View Post
    In no particular order I predict:

1) Viktor Axelsen
    2) Kenichi Tago
    3) Chen Long
    4) No solid contender yet.
    I hope Zulfadli Zulkifli is on the list around 3-4 years to go..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6