MAS and CHN become dominated badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by smash, Jan 25, 2007.

1. smash

smash Regular Member

accountant
    Entering 2007, MAS can showing their domination in badminton and replacing INA who encaounter for several years. While CHN still as number one.
    It's now reflected in KO open MAS & CHN put 6 & 5 MS in 1st round and ensured 50% of them is in QF, while INA is only 1. Also MAS showing domination in MD they have 6MD in 1st round and two of them can go through to QF and ensuring for SM.
    Probably other countries should looking on their regenaration which has produce tremendecelly good, so many young talents, which has showing speed, power, good technic and offcourse they always bring their young troops to many competitions to increase their experience and winner mentality.
    While INA for the past 3years they only produce Sony and Simon in MS which I can say they have to step down (a couple years is enough to see how they performances) to give oppurtunities to other youngster. Means that INA only have 3 MS, 2 obsolote and another one is in declining cycle period:(. Even worts in MD, they trying to get back senior T&C to pelatnas rather then formulating new youngster. L&A i can say they in declining cycle also they have to step down (unless they have to increase their confident), while M&H is up and down especialy if meet senior or high class pairing they will confuse, loss confidence to many unforce error, if in 2007 they don't have much improvement they become obsolate same like Sony & Simon:mad:

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    its hard to say yet cuz its still early in 2007... maybe INA may stage a comeback in mid year.. or suddenly out of nowhere sweeping all 5 WC titles...
    seems impossible for now but who knows.... haha

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    but i would be happy if MAS dominates all!!!

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    china have an abundance of talents that they can choose the cream of the crop and even good players from china end up representing other country just to have the chance to compete. malaysia still up and coming with lots of our player still not performing constantly. indonesia have been a forece to reckon with but lately have been slow to train the next generation but i guess maybe in a few years they will get there. the europeans seems like the oldest team. they dont really have the next generation waiting huh? i see bulgaria showing some promise during the MO especially their ladies. so, that's why china is dominating badminton but i hope the others will stage a fight and make it more interesting. not that i think china dont deserve their domination, because they really worked hard for it.

5. smash

smash Regular Member

accountant
    ya u r right, but other countries develope new entries very slow, it's could takes more then a year to be compit in super series... now MAS & CHN both have atleast 6 MS & MD which ready enter to every super series... I predict.. in midyear there will be only battle betwen CHN & MAS.. and that could be hapen in KO aren't they...

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

a simple fact about china is that their badminton program is HUGE.
    their population is HUGE, which means their talent pool is HUGE.

we see a large number of qualified chinese teams for each events, particularly MS, WS, WD. not so much for MD and XD however...

but even so, we see domination by china in MS, WS, WD. but all we're seeing is the international rankings... we do not see individuals from the junior teams in the rankings.

remember Wang Yihan vs Xie Xingfang at world cup 2006?

certainly we cannot use one match for a basis of argument, but it still speaks for the level of these junior team players...
    simply it means that there are players of calibre that can beat members of the senior team...

now imagine if these junior team members were to be in the international rankings along side the senior members? imagine how many starred red flags we'd be seeing in the listings?

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

CHN will continue to dominant both mens and womens for sure. As for MAS, I think it's too early to say. While the Mens doubles show good results lately, mens singles is quite disappointing.

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    If just look at men's singles, Denmark is the only country which can beat China players. The following are all the champions since Taipei open last year:

Lin Dan -- Taipei
    Lin Dan -- Macau
    Chen Yu -- Thai
    Bao C L -- Korea
    Lin Dan -- Hong Kong
    Lin Dan -- World Championship
    Lin Dan -- Japan
    Chen Hong -- China
    Lin Dan -- World cup
    Chen Hong -- Denmark
    Peter Gade -- Malaysia

Peter Gade is the only guy not from China national team who won the IBF 3 star and above tournaments. So it should be said CHN and Danes dominating the badminton. Mas is still recovering...

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

The new system (so called super series) favors Taufik, even though he lost to Lin Dan in the 1st round at Malaysia open.

By studying what Taufik won before, I found that Taufik never does good at open tournaments. What he won were OG, AG (2 twice) and WC. All those games were small scaled comparing with open tournaments. For a typical open tournaments with 64 players, the final winner had to win 6 matches in a row. But in a small scaled OG or AG, winner only needs to win 4 or 5 matches. Taufik is not capable of winning 6 matches continuously. That's the reason he always failed in open tournaments. However, he's good at winning particular fighting, but not good at consistant winning. Not good at consistence could result from his weak stamina, or whatever reasons. That's the reason he only won the small scaled games like OG, AG, ...

Now the super series cut the players to 32, and the finally winner needs only 5 wins to claim the title, this will increase Taufik's chance significantly. Some other older players who lacks stamina or runs out of gas easily can certainly benefit from this new system also.

10. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I think of the upcoming country is Japan. Their womens double show great potential as well as looking good (shiota and ogura). Getting bronze in the Asia games, Semi in MO by beating China's #2. Other Japanese pair in the KO isn't doing so bad either. But that's just the womens, the men's still have a way to go. Korea's Men's isn't as good as before when they had KDM, HTK, LDS, YYS, but the new pairs are still very young but showing potential as well.

I see a decline in Indonesia & Denmark. There's really no replacement for Taufik at all. Beside Simon there's no other youngters. Indo's doubles aren't bad, but not like before when they had CW, SB, TG, and HH. Their womens doubles are improving though.

Denmarks era seems to be running out of breath. There's no new comers at all. There's no new Dane's that matches up to PG and KJ. In the doubles the only pair that performing well was JR, LP, ML and JE. But they're getting old and not performing as well as before.

It's sad because these countries use to one of the top countries. I really don't see any potential in their next generation at all.

11. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Agree, it makes a lot of sense. I believe the number of matches one has to play to reach the finals does make a difference.

12. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Thanks, that's the result from datamining :rolleyes:

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    This part, I totally agree:p:D:D:D I know that's not what you mean though.:p

14. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I think you know what I mean.

15. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

i think that europe in general are starting to shoot up the world rankings especially england as they had a 1, 2 in the worlds at mixed doubles and a pair in the final against cai and fu. they jst need to work on there singles both men and womens.

16. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    its good tat the western country has caught up with the asians in badminton.....asians have too long dominated this game for it's not good in the publicity of the game as well as introducing badminton to the international arena. i guess super series does the work that it intended to......:p:p hopefully in 10 or 20 years' time, badminton will b as famous as other top sports like tennis, golf n formula 1.....the price money as well.

17. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student

i think MAS will dominate da men's double fo' swiss open too..koo n tan r impruving lorh !!! hoho....Malaysia boleh!!

#17 syusuke ika, Mar 13, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  18. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

China still dominates more titles than Mas.. but, good show from Mas.. i feel proud too

19. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, men's double seems to be MAS best bet now. our men's single players are getting older and there really are no next generation that could take over seeing that kuan beng hong that was touted as the next talent does not perform well at all so far. i think some players are born with the gift to play well even when they are young or inexperienced. look at tan boon heong, koo kien keat. one is a young player that fears no one and the other have visual disabilities but that does not stop them. when taufik started playing, people could see he was a champion to be. the same with lin dan. i look at the players in MAS now and the ones that i feel can win one day and maybe keep winning are KKK and TBH and wong mew choo. the men's singles have no latest champion to be in my eyes. with lee chong wei in a slump (could be because of the sudden changes in his training or the injury form the accident or even the decline of mental strength) and hafiz just not cutting it, we seriously need a new batch of would be champions. i havent seen any so, i dont think MAS will stage a fight in MS. MD however have a lot to be happy about because other than KKK and TBH, we have other good prospects. in fact i see two more teams that could improve more and maybe win. WS, well we are banking on wong mew choo and julia. they could get better. i hope they will get better and break china's dominance. WD we have one team i think that even looks like they could be good enough to win. but one team are not enough to mount a challenge. so i think china will dominate this one for a long time to come. XD is the only one where everybody seems capable of winning. the asians and the europeans. so i think that one is open for all. with denmark not having the next generation ready and korea and japan still training their young ones and indonesia still struggling to come up with the nest champion to be, i think chine will continue to dominate for a few more years. and then we will hopefully see an emergence of new champions-to-be outside the great wall and make this game interesting for the mass. though i like china's players i keep rooting for the underdog everytime. just for the sake of a good fight. and the westerners, well they think this game is for their backyards, and really, what we have to do is challenge them to beat us in this so called backyard game. if they cant even do that, who are they to belittle us. throw an open challenge for the US to come up with a badminton champion in like 5 years. after all, bowling is an indoor mild game (to those that bowl please do not read this as an insult, i know all athlete work and train hard for their game) and they work hard to win those games. maybe they just know they will never beat us asians and europeans and that is why they say this game is lame. in order to not lose, dont play the game. so i personally challenge them to win in badminton. only then will this game be noticed by all.:cool:

20. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

wow, your post is so long.. to make it simply, men double is Malaysia best chance to stop China total domination. :) their men singles are too strong at the moment.