HaiYen

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by DaveyT, Jan 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DaveyT

DaveyT New Member

Just bought some tournament grade HAIYEN birdies for our club on a recommendation from a friend o/s. Im finding the grading of a 50 a bit light on for here in the Australian summer. we usually use a 50 in other brands at this time of the year (RSL and aeorplane) and have no probs. anyone had any other experiences with this shuttle/found a similar experience. other than that cant fault the shuttle. we tipped them and have been very happy. Overall the general consensus was a well rounded very durable shuttle that is very reasonably priced. our shuttle fees are down and everyone is happy. we have ordered some 51's and will save the 50's for when the temperature drops off a bit!!

2. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

which HaiYen

Which one did you order? There are two different tournament grade ones. One is green/red and the other one is blue/red. The blue/red is much better than the green/red. I believe blue/red ones use goose feather and green/red duck feather.

3. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    Im about to try getting some of them red/green ones...Will get speed 50 and will let share my experience here...

4. hyperactive

student
    Received a tube of these today, kind of expected more from a shuttle that writes "For Tournament Use Feather Shuttlecocks" on the front of it.

I got the green/red ones, first impression was how thin the tubing was...it was easy to squeeze compared to others...Upon opening, there was no aluminium lining to seal the freshness...of all 12 shuttles, ZERO of them were anywhere near perfect condition. All of them were kind of scattered with some feathers longer (think width, not length) than others...glue went up pretty high up til the feathers too...

Feathers were thin and brittle...I tried 2 of them for practice...because feathers are so randomly inserted into the cork not all feathers are overlapping correctly, many of them are touchin on both ends while others were reversed...the result is that the shuttle can fly without even making a single rotation (actually fun to watch)...after I busted the first one just stroking with my housemate I proceeded to bash another one against the wall.

It lasted about 10 hits before the cork came flying off...with all feathers still intact too! Next I tore off the white cork cover to find that only the tip of the shuttle was cork, the rest was that other thing they use on cheaper ones. I paid USD11 including shipping for that one tube and it might have been a fluke they were all crap coz I heard some good things about these but I'm sure not gonna buy anymore...

I'll post some pics in a sec...

5. hyperactive

student
    The pictures speak for themselves...

This gives you a basic idea of what to expect if you want to try them...

[​IMG]

Notice how the feathers don't have the same cut and the string they use to tie is different from that which I am used to...

[​IMG]

Just to give you some perspective on the thickness of the tubes...I transfered all the HaiYens into the Wilson tube and steamed it...will try em tomorrow night to see if theres any difference...

[​IMG]

6. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

Wow, what camera do you use? Thats some seriously nice quality photos.

7. hyperactive

student
    sorry, going off topic for a while...

you wouldn't believe me if I told you...its a Canon Powershot A80...

I love photography tho...just go to manual mode, using macro, reduce the aperture as small as possible (biggest F-number, my A80 goes to F8.0) then slow down the shutter speed so the pic isn't underexposed.

This way your macro has a larger depth of field resulting in much clearer shot...hope that helped.
    www.flickr.com/photos/jiaren for my personal collection...

8. Régis83

Régis83 New Member

Adress to order HAI YEN shuttlecocks, please ?

:) hello Thread and the others on this forum, i'm just registred !!

I' m french, and my english isn't very good, so i' m sorry for some mistakes

I' m interested to know where you've bought yours HAI YEN SHUTTLECOKS, i visited vietnam and i know they are very good (the blue and red) but unfortunately i' ve no adress or WEB Site to order somme dozens !!
    Can you help me, it would be very kind of you !!!

best regards, i wait for your answer

Régis83

9. TomNguyen

TomNguyen New Member

@Regis83: We have been playing badminton for a few years and we also found Hai Yen very good and cheap. We play on Wednesday and Sunday in Doncaster & Templestowe and all of my friends buy Hai Yen shuttle cocks from a guy in Ringwood (may be Nunawading) in Melbourne with reasonable price ($20/tube) but if you buy a large quantity (20tubes+), you can get for $17 or $18/tube. You can contact him by email: nguyen.tuong.t@edumail.vic.gov.au or tuongtours@yahoo.com.au Or his Mob: 0400 091 587

You may get him to deliver, it's depend on where you live.

Cheers

Tom

10. Monbi

Monbi Regular Member

engineer
    Welcome to BC Regis83....

when i was in Ho Chi Minh last year, almost all spost shop carry HaiYen shuttle cock! I would recommend u to buy the BLUE/RED, the quality is much better then GREEN/RED.

Happy shopping:D

11. tuantg82

tuantg82 New Member

Supplier
    Hi, I'm Haiyen distributor from VietNam. Pleased contact to : Y!M: yamahamvui2000. Skype : tuan.haiyensports. Or mail to : tuantg82@yahoo.com

12. dangtinh

dangtinh New Member

Hai Yen blue/red Vietnam shuttlecocks

Hello Regis83,

Are you in France? I just accidentally read your quote here, this forum. I am going to France from Viet Nam in this coming December 2009. Do you wish to have those shuttlecocks? It is light, so I can carry about 40 tubes or more. How much do you want to pay for 1 tube?

I am actually a badminton player. If you are in Montpellier, then I can join your group during my time in France (will be there for 2 months).

Regards,
    Tinh

13. dangtinh

dangtinh New Member

hi Regis 83,

In addition, I am Vietnamese, but studying Singapore. That is why my location is Singapore. But I am able to carry the shuttle to France because I ll go back Viet Nam before going to France in this December 2009. I am waiting for your reply.

14. tuantg82

tuantg82 New Member

Supplier
    Hi dang tinh,
    I can provide the shuttle to sing with best price. If it's suitable for you, please contact me. Tks:)

15. Luffy

Luffy Regular Member

Hey guys,

I have a similar problem with hyperactive. My dad bought me some Haiyen red/yellow full of crappy birdies. Do they even sell good birdies at all over there???? Birdies are broken, they have no rotation....lol.

If they do sell good birdies, can someone please tell me which one I should tell my friend to buy?? Can I trust Haiyen red/blue?? Is it as good as RsL quality???

Plz post pictures again, I cannot see the ones Hyperactive has posted. Maybe too old tread??

I am afraid that my friend buys me crappy birdies when he comes back to Canada.

16. tuantg82

tuantg82 New Member

Supplier
    Hi Luffy,
    The Haiyen red/yellow is only for non-professional training. Higher than red/yellow, there are the red/green, red/blue, green, and gold-red. The best of them is gold-red.
    Thank for your interested in HaiYen Shuttles

17. tuantg82

tuantg82 New Member

Supplier
    Hi Luffy,
    The Haiyen red/yellow is only for non-professional training. Higher than red/yellow, there are the red/green, red/blue, green, and gold-red. The best of them is gold-red.
    You can visit www.haiyensports.com.vn for the shuttles pictures.
    and if you have a demand on HY shuttles, please contact to tuantg82@yahoo.com.
    Thank for your interested in HaiYen Shuttles

18. nosebleed

nosebleed Regular Member

To be honest I tried the gold-red and they are decent. There were some that didn't even fly right. Is the gold the highest brand?