mp100

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aaron, Oct 20, 2001.

1. aaron

aaron Guest

could someone tell me what is the rite tension for the mp100 and the rite string. 'cause i'm stringing mine at 23 and ti68.

2. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    personal preference!!!

3. Creative

Creative Guest

Personal preference is definitely right. A lot of people that own MP100 racquets that post on BC said 24lbs cross/22lbs. vertical is the best combo. If you don't think that 24lbs. is like hitting a wall, then you will like it.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

I also agree it's personal preference but if you can get hold of the BG-88 Ti strings, the MP 100 will perform better!
    I strung mine at 25 lbs.

5. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Well, had mine on 23-23 lbs for a while. But I'll be switching up to 23mains - 24 cross once my BG-85 breaks! Its fraying really, really badly already !!

I really like it at 23-23 lbs. But it depends on what are you comfortable with.

6. modious

modious Regular Member

So you're going to use the BG 88TI or the BG 85? ;)

7. aaron

aaron Guest

i'm gonna get my restring tomorrow but u know do they have bg88ti in the U.S.i've heard about it but only know about the ti68. since i've have a tournament on saturday so i'm trying to figure out the best tension for the racquets. 'cause i have been using ti10 and ti sr for a while so switching to mp100 is different but i really like mp100

8. joseph

joseph Guest

hey aaron! how do you feel about switching back and forth between ti10 and ti sr? is it hard to adjust? what's the tension on your ti sr? it seems like such a fragile racquet... i'm afraid to string it at a high tension and risk breaking the $200+ racquet. would 24lbs be a bit risky? my primary racquet right now is a ti10 3u, and will most likely get a ti sr very soon as a secondary racquet.

9. aaron

aaron Guest

i'm using bg85 wonder how it's gonna work. 'cause i restring both my mp100 and ti10

10. aaron

aaron Guest

it's not hard to get switch from ti10 to ti sr cause i have been using the ti sr for about three yrs for double. but if u switch these two racquets during the match is not good. ti sr is a very good racquet which i like alot but the head is very light which is hard to smash like the ti10. i have mine string with the ashaway micro legend at 21 but i dun like it. i think i'm gonna restring it at 23. the ti sr is about $129. that was how much i got it for. to me it's the best defense racquet beside my mp100. 'cause i'm a defensive player.