Crazy Talk guys, Crazy talk.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Oct 21, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    wtf........... guys check this out. notice anything different? i want one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/products/racket/iso-tis.html

2. modious

modious Regular Member

Saw it quite a while ago in the 2002 catalogue.
    For a more detailed (enlarged picture), pls refer to.....
    http://www.shuttle-house.com/2002yonex/GOODS/YR-iso-tis.htm
    It's quite nice actually but the blue paint job is nicer IMO.
    So that's why I'm getting 1 by next year or not there might not be any left!!

3. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    you know how i can order a 2002 catalogue? i live in the US.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    actually the red version is "long" shaft.
    the blue is regular length.

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Kelvin, are u sure abt teh long shaft thing mate! I just tried my Iso ti sp SS with my carlton aerogear 900Fx adn the Iso was longer by 10mm.

We haev to wait and watch!

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    you're comparing apples to oranges Yogesh.

the specs published by Yonex both online, and in their catalogs, do not state the racquet is "long", I know people with both racquets, and I will ask them to compare a "long" and regular isometric Yonex racquet.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey mate,

I just compared a Iso60light and Iso Ti ss of mine! It Is indeed long! I dunno why it does not say long on the racket but it looked longer when compared mate!

If Yonex specifically says it is not long then i would agree! Thanks mate abt teh picture of cab 20! I have seen quiet a few of them here. Thsi was what iwas trying to explain by saying blue paint along the head! But i guess i was not good enough!

8. modious

modious Regular Member

Both versions are "long" I believe!!
    I've compared it (my friend's blue ISO TI SX) to the Ti-10 long and the MP 100 which are both "long" versions.
    Unless you're saying that the new version that they're coming out is actually 10mm longer than the current one...?? I believe you do not own one or have tried comparing it b4??

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Actually, I saw the online version of the catalogue.
    Refer here!!

http://www.shuttle-house.com/2002yonex/GOODS/2002-yonex-goods1-top.htm

10. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Modious mate! U were Absolutely right! Thanks for making my case strong. Kelvin mate u might be the guru but then sometimes plp do have to eat grass!

Hey no offence too mate! I am just kidding.

I went to badminton page and they clearly said that Ti sp is long version so Is ISo 900 and 500. I think Ti sp is just a repaint and slight shift in balance and Ti added to Iso 900. So i dunno why they shoudl reduce teh length!

As to the new Ti sp repaint i think they ahev mentioned long because it was never mentioned Before even though it was always LONG!

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Kelvin, To add

Mate!

I just checked my Ti Sp carefully and It says LONG SIZE / HIGH MODULUS GRAPHITE / MADE IN JAPAN on the side. So mate u are no more the guru!

So It is indeed LONG SIZE and Yonex did not forget to mention it! So there is nothing new abt it being long! All that thing that u read in Jap is going to go waste buddy!

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Hey!

did you go look at the specs at
    http://www.yonex.com/new-yonex01/badminton/images/b_racquets_iso_pu.jpg

I don't see it say "long" anything there. Neither in my printed catalog. I go by what's in my written published material, and I stick to it, until I can see my friend's two racquets side by side.

Umm, also I wouldn't exactly trust anything written by an "unofficial yonex retailer"
    but I'll take your word with respect, I still don't think it's long shaft though.

I'll let you know later tonight after I see my friend's stuff. he's sponsored by them so I'm sure there's no reason to doubt him.

-Kelvin
    PS: The red still looks ugly. Blue rules!

13. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Oh yeah another thing... "eat grass"???
    :lol:

I'm taking your word for it just for now, because it's two or more against me;
    If it turns out I am wrong, I'll admit that I'm wrong.

However, if it turns out I'm right... I think you guys should be eating the grass instead. hehe. :p I wont make a big deal about it though, because there's better things to do in life than that.
    Besides, I do my talking on court. *hint, hint* (that's a challenge in case you didn't understand what I was trying to get at)

It just happens to turn out my friend has all those racquets you mention modious, including the new butt ugly reddish racquet. I'll ask him stupidly to please line them up just so I can see something, even at the cost of my own embarrassment in front of the other players at the club. :lol: (they'll basically be thinking... "what the hell???")

-Kelvin

14. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Kelvin,

I thought after so many days of our friendship i took the liberty in saying somthing abt eating grass. But man if u took it offensively, I AM SO SORRY! I WILLDO ANYTHING TO MAKE UP.

Pls understand that i was not trying to hurt your feelings mate! I know that u have invested Time and energy in becoming the GURU but then i was just taking pot shots at you mate!

So pls dont misunderstand me! I meant no offence!

I think u have not read the post that i have posted as Kelvin, To add.

Man i have the Ti sp SS(as u know) with serial number 150113 TH.

The racket very specifically says LONG SIZE /HIGH MODULUS GRAPHITE / MADE IN JAPAN

It was bought at the store that Byro made famous. He bought his Mp 55 there and man I even have the orginal yonex store bill.

So i guess i am sorry to say that i really dont accept your point of view! I think teh racket was always long size. It was not advertised!

Have fun and prove me wrong mate! I have the racket on hand and i think it is next to impossible to prove me wrong.

Hey once again. I meant no offence. I was just doing "Brother" trash talking. so pls forgive me if i took too much liberty!

Hope u will understand mate. Thanks and sorry

15. modious

modious Regular Member

Then again

Look at the spec here.

http://www.shuttle-house.com/MAIL-ORDER/FREAME-TOP.htm

This is the blue version and it clearly states its 10mm longer.

16. modious

modious Regular Member

I just find it strange why u still dun believe it when I said I have already compared it to the MP 100 and the Ti-10 which are both long versions.

17. modious

modious Regular Member

I prefer

the blue version!
    What abt you guys?

18. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: I prefer

Same here! probably because i have one. But i would be curious to look into a red one too.

19. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    still up in the air...

Ok, after talking to my friend tonight, and taking his equipment for a comparison.

blue TiS was NOT longer than the red TiS.
    BUT! here's an even more interesting thing!
    His mp100 was shorter than both his TiS racquets!!!

Until I get my stock from Japan, I will not continue poking at this subject, because I saw with my own eyes, both versions, and the Blue was not longer than the "new" Red.

So in my eyes, I honestly can't say that you guys are right, because of what I saw... however, taking into account all his racquets were strung at different tensions, I can't say that I'm right either, and yes I already know about the Yonex japan catalog. So let me say this again... my friend's Blue TiS was NOT longer than his Red TiS.

But then his MP100 was shorter than both the TiS??? Until i get my own stock which is unstrung, I'll let you guys know when the time comes; for now, I saw it, and I believe in what I saw. Blue was shorter than Red.

-Kelvin
    PS: Don't worry about the pot shots. I don't care for walking over people anyways; and if I was pissed off you'd definitely know it. You read too much into stuff Yogi.

20. ovk

ovk Guest

Conspiracy...

My theory is,
    that yonex steadily decreased the length of their rackets during the last years to lower the production costs.
    Afterwards they came up with their marketing gimmick "long version", which is actually only a regular version. But as they sold an incredible amount of those "faked" long rackets, they got to greedy and intoduced really long rackets to make even more money. Probably they didn't expect, that there are so many lunatics like us, who start to compare the length of their... uhmm rackets. But finally this means, that all of us are right.:)