User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....

That could be why BG80 always felt much harder than BG66 on the same tension. Oddly, the back cover on the package of both says to reduce tension by the same amount (cannot recall how much) when compared to BG65 so I always string them to the same tension.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Hmm....

That could be why BG80 always felt much harder than BG66 on the same tension. Oddly, the back cover on the package of both says to reduce tension by the same amount (cannot recall how much) when compared to BG65 so I always string them to the same tension.
    The package at the back says to reduce tension by 10% on BG80, BG85. The reason is because both these two strings have elasticity greater than almost all other strings except natural gut. For natural gut you may have to reduce tension by 15% vs BG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The package at the back says to reduce tension by 10% on BG80, BG85. The reason is because both these two strings have elasticity greater than almost all other strings except natural gut. For natural gut you may have to reduce tension by 15% vs BG65.
    how about bg-66??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    how about bg-66??
    BG66 is neither a vectran-string nor a natural gut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed the Australian distributor for Yonex and they said that the NBG98 is only available in Japan. This might only apply to Australia but i am assuming that it would also apply to other countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    I emailed the Australian distributor for Yonex and they said that the NBG98 is only available in Japan. This might only apply to Australia but i am assuming that it would also apply to other countries.
    The same applies to CBG100 as well. NBG98 might become available overseas later though..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    The same applies to CBG100 as well. NBG98 might become available overseas later though..
    I wonder when..since i'd really love to try one.The thinnest yonex string in here is the BG85.They don't even have the BG66.I guess that's because ppl here breaks their string very fast,that's why they're looking for a thicker string

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Also, not officially available in US, I heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy it where they sell it. Problem solved rite?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just buy it where they sell it. Problem solved rite?!?
    actually, do you think price will drop when they are officially available outside of Japan e.g. USA ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by otterfun View Post
    actually, do you think price will drop when they are officially available outside of Japan e.g. USA ?
    For asian countries somewhat, but everywhere else the price would be higher than Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking for Holland, packs are insane, no matter which string..(is ng98 packed in reels? I thought I saw one...)
    where a 200m reel costs ~80-110euros (105-140usd) a pack costs 8-10 euros
    (10-13usd)...
    not very economic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    speaking for Holland, packs are insane, no matter which string..(is ng98 packed in reels? I thought I saw one...)
    where a 200m reel costs ~80-110euros (105-140usd) a pack costs 8-10 euros
    (10-13usd)...
    not very economic...
    If you are talking about NBG98 200m reel for 105-140usd that is super cheap. A local store of mine charges us 250usd for a NBG98 200m reel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well no, nbg98 isnt available here yet... but, now im sure it is available in reels..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Review (the first session) - my tuppence

After buying a set of Nanogy 98 with intent to sell on , and which didn't end up selling, I decided to crack it open and try it on my own racket - AT900P @ 28.25/31 lbs. I came in with a sense of trepidation, since the last .66 string I tried (BG-66) lasted all of 6 hours, and Nanogy 95 just didn't suit me...

Firstly, 98 is not as easy to string with as something un-coated like Ashaway MP or BG-66: it loves to twist and turn, and locks up while pulling crosses. Having said that, a pre-stretch didn't seem to gain much length at all, so I have high hopes for tension holding.

On court, my first three or four shots told me how powerful this stuff is. I would estimate that my smashes are between 5 and 10% harder (and louder) than with anything I have previously tried. Big clears and drives are similarly suped-up. The feel is not as numb as that of N95, but was slightly deader than BG-80 (a definite improvement over the 95, though).

A nice surprise came at the net, as my spinners were much tighter than I had expected given the bounciness of the bed - 98 seems to respond better to slicing than its older brother.

An appraisal after 3 hours' play revealed no loss of tension, which was the big selling point of 95 and seems to have carried over. Also, I never found myself sliding mains back into place (which I find is a big problem with MP and BG-66).

Since I've only been using it for 3 hours, my review will have to end here for the time being. However, I am very impressed so far - the one possible issue with this stuff is the price (but if it lasts me 4 weeks or more, I can definitely live with it).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sliding mains may not be a negative thing. Coatings that are slippery will make the mains slide the least. Strings that have surface bite tend to have more mains slide with angled or sliced shots, even with very high tensions, i.e. BG85, BG80, Ashaway Powergut66, 65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    After buying a set of Nanogy 98 with intent to sell on , and which didn't end up selling, I decided to crack it open and try it on my own racket - AT900P @ 28.25/31 lbs. I came in with a sense of trepidation, since the last .66 string I tried (BG-66) lasted all of 6 hours, and Nanogy 95 just didn't suit me...

Firstly, 98 is not as easy to string with as something un-coated like Ashaway MP or BG-66: it loves to twist and turn, and locks up while pulling crosses. Having said that, a pre-stretch didn't seem to gain much length at all, so I have high hopes for tension holding.

On court, my first three or four shots told me how powerful this stuff is. I would estimate that my smashes are between 5 and 10% harder (and louder) than with anything I have previously tried. Big clears and drives are similarly suped-up. The feel is not as numb as that of N95, but was slightly deader than BG-80 (a definite improvement over the 95, though).

A nice surprise came at the net, as my spinners were much tighter than I had expected given the bounciness of the bed - 98 seems to respond better to slicing than its older brother.

An appraisal after 3 hours' play revealed no loss of tension, which was the big selling point of 95 and seems to have carried over. Also, I never found myself sliding mains back into place (which I find is a big problem with MP and BG-66).

Since I've only been using it for 3 hours, my review will have to end here for the time being. However, I am very impressed so far - the one possible issue with this stuff is the price (but if it lasts me 4 weeks or more, I can definitely live with it).
    Wow..28.5X31 lbs of NBG98(0.66) on AT900P.That requires some nerves there..

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast