User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moore_shady View Post
    What's the difference between JP version & SP version of nanogy 98 string?
    I have the same question with you..today I strung my racket with NG-98 for the second time (the last time I used NG-98 was about a year ago). I was surprised to figure out that the the price is far cheaper than it used to be. Then I found-out that this NG-98 I purchased is SP coded; while the JP coded NG-98 (which I purchased a year ago) price remains expensive.

The stringer said the materials are different. Also the JP coded one is exactly 0.66 mm in diameter while the SP coded one is slightly thicker. Tonight I'm gonna try its performance on court.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to dig up an old threat, but since there are new colors available (yellow and red) I wonder if any of you have durability problems with the colored ones. At first, a yellow one ruined my Yonex Voltric 80 because it snapped during storage and the head cracked. Recently, I checked my Voltric 70 with the same string (red), and it also snapped during storage. The VT80 was only strung at 11 kg, and the VT70 at 10,5 kg. It may be my stringing technique, but other strings are still fine and these just snapped during storage. I have a ARC10PG strung with Yellow NBG98 at the same tension as the ARC10 in cosmic gold, but the string feels different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i get the different colours of the nanogy 98 in europe

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GUENNIIIII View Post
    where can i get the different colours of the nanogy 98 in europe
    Bought mine in Hong Kong. You can try:

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com

They deliver international and prices are very good compared to the stores in Europe. Also very good reputation.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

AK of SynergyBadminton showed me his 4U US coded VT80 strung with NBG98 @ 35lbs. it was crazy tight and the pitch was insane!

i went home and strung my MX80 at 29.5lbs and i will try it out tomorrow....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    AK of SynergyBadminton showed me his 4U US coded VT80 strung with NBG98 @ 35lbs. it was crazy tight and the pitch was insane!
    It's a good job he's a stringer... I'd get about four hits from a 0.66 on an NSP @35.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i strung up my MX80 with nbg98 at 29.5 lbs.

the repulsion and the sound is incredible with this combo. best sounding and one of the most solid string that i have tried.

unfortunately, the light shots are subpar. there is very little feel on touch shots and the feeling is very dull/dead at this tension.

used it for a couple of weeks and the good part is that the tension and repulsion seems to be holding up for the medium term.

too bad the string gotten too dead. otherwise it would've been a great string. well i guess it is a good thing as it is pretty expensive string.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad the string gotten too dead.
    NBG95 had the same problem but much worse, which is the main reason I dropped the Nanogies altogether (the other being the greasiness).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    NBG95 had the same problem but much worse, which is the main reason I dropped the Nanogies altogether (the other being the greasiness).
    You wrote earlier that 98 was better than 95 in net shots.

What do you use now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBG98 SP vs JP

I have tried quite a few products different code versions and for the most time I have not found any difference at all. Till recently I believed it was all a big hoax. And I still do for the most part. But I have found that NBG98 has different characteristics and quality.

Long time ago someone told me that BG80 in different colours had different surfaces and that actually turned out to be correct. The yellow version is more rugged than the white.

Now, when NBG98 first came out on the market I ordered a bunch from Japan and I loved it. I got it in red and gold and never really discovered any differences. Then I found it for half the price, but SP coded, and of course bought a bunch. All in gold. First thing you notice is that the colour gold isn’t really the same. The SP gold is more yellowish beige than gold. The JP could go for gold. The surface is also a bit different. The SP version is more slippery.

None of that bother me that much. But quality does. And there are clearly a difference in characteristics. I strung two Arc 10 at 28 lbs with NBG98. One SP and one JP. The JP version is crisp as a celery and the SP feels like shepherds pie. The JP is lively and has a clear high pitch sound. The SP is dead and has a more muffled sound. This is clearly not the same string. The SP version also looses tension faster.

I have also got the SP version to develop quite a lot of vibration. To the point that you can actually hear a high pitch rattle. This has happened on two different rackets. This is a completely new thing for me. No other string has done that.

I find that the JP version is a very good product and I really recommend it. The SP version is nothing like it and actually not worth the money. Not even at half the price. I never thought I would say that.

Yea, and you probably wonder where I got the strings. The JP was bought from Shuttlehouse and Mybadmintonstore, while the SP was bought from Stringersworld and Mybadmintonstore. All reliable retailers.

Of course I now wonder if anyone else has made the same observations. I also need to retest some of the strings that I really don’t like. BG65ti and BG68ti I have only tried in SP version and I truly didn’t like them. I have also tried BG75ti JP witch was very good.

Funnily my favourite string of all time is BG66, and that only comes in SP nowadays. So SP can not be bad by default.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro,
    you ve not tasted bg66sharp, so its not rated all time yet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro,
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I have tested BG66 Sharp. It is better than BG66 in some aspects but it is also almost twice the price. As I see it it is not twice as good. It does not last twice as long either. If the price was the same I'd rank BG66 as the better choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxp74 View Post
    bro,I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I have tested BG66 Sharp. It is better than BG66 in some aspects but it is also almost twice the price. As I see it it is not twice as good. It does not last twice as long either. If the price was the same I'd rank BG66 as the better choice.
    Bro,When we compare we compare one to one purely on performance but nothing else.We not talking on value buy right?Furthermore price wise bg66 not even in same league here...cheers...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBG98 SP vs JP

I have tried quite a few products different code versions and for the most time I have not found any difference at all. Till recently I believed it was all a big hoax. And I still do for the most part. But I have found that NBG98 has different characteristics and quality.

Long time ago someone told me that BG80 in different colours had different surfaces and that actually turned out to be correct. The yellow version is more rugged than the white.

Now, when NBG98 first came out on the market I ordered a bunch from Japan and I loved it. I got it in red and gold and never really discovered any differences. Then I found it for half the price, but SP coded, and of course bought a bunch. All in gold. First thing you notice is that the colour gold isn’t really the same. The SP gold is more yellowish beige than gold. The JP could go for gold. The surface is also a bit different. The SP version is more slippery.

None of that bother me that much. But quality does. And there are clearly a difference in characteristics. I strung two Arc 10 at 28 lbs with NBG98. One SP and one JP. The JP version is crisp as a celery and the SP feels like shepherds pie. The JP is lively and has a clear high pitch sound. The SP is dead and has a more muffled sound. This is clearly not the same string. The SP version also looses tension faster.

I have also got the SP version to develop quite a lot of vibration. To the point that you can actually hear a high pitch rattle. This has happened on two different rackets. This is a completely new thing for me. No other string has done that.

I find that the JP version is a very good product and I really recommend it. The SP version is nothing like it and actually not worth the money. Not even at half the price. I never thought I would say that.

Yea, and you probably wonder where I got the strings. The JP was bought from Shuttlehouse and Mybadmintonstore, while the SP was bought from Stringersworld and Mybadmintonstore. All reliable retailers.

Of course I now wonder if anyone else has made the same observations. I also need to retest some of the strings that I really don’t like. BG65ti and BG68ti I have only tried in SP version and I truly didn’t like them. I have also tried BG75ti JP witch was very good.

Funnily my favourite string of all time is BG66, and that only comes in SP nowadays. So SP can not be bad by default.
    OK. So it's not just me! The yellow and red ones were SP coded. The gold one I had was JP coded. First I thought it was a color problem, but now you confirm my suspicions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have strung Nanogy 98 @ 26lbs on Voltric 80. (CH Coded) (cost RM35)
    Previously I am using BG80 @ 24lbs on Voltric 80. (SP Coded) (cost RM30)

The power that I get from the string is Amazing ! Smashing definitely IMPROVED!
    Though my net play has worsen... the shuttle seems to bounce higher which allowing my opponent to net kill. I guess this is something I need to get used to.
    Last edited by Avenger242; 10-06-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBG98 SP vs JP

You didn't notice any difference between the Stringersworld and MBS non-JP ones? I imagine the SW one didn't come in SP packaging (i.e. marked "SP")

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hm... sounds like another head-to-head is in order!

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast