User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    You didn't notice any difference between the Stringersworld and MBS non-JP ones? I imagine the SW one didn't come in SP packaging (i.e. marked "SP")
    Ah, you are quite right! The SW version doesn't say SP on the package. It has the same plastic bag package as the MBS version but it doesn't say SP. I assumed they were the same. Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

I don't know if they are different. I kind of put all the JP in one pile and the rest in another. Now I don't know witch I used.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just had three racquets strung with NG98 SP version.

28lbs on cab20

haven't played much with it though. Is it me but the strings feel very slippery when I touch them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cheung moving away from bg65!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just finished using NG 95 - good string but getting a good spinning shuttle is harder. Let's see what NG98 but I'm not sure it's going to be any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheung - you can always give the vs850 a try as well if you decide you don't like the NBG.

Since re-stringing in HK isn't too expensive as long as you not a chronic string breaker. nbg 95 and vs850 are like $90 and ngb 98 are $110.

I've tried bg80, nbg95, vs850, rsl tn680 so far and I am going to give nbg 98 a go next. Then I will decide what to use for the "longer" term. But my rackets are usually only strung at around 23-24lbs though. SO I guess the feel of the strings will probably be so different to your 28lbs.
    Last edited by ssgg007; 11-04-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ssgg007 - thanks for the info.

I've just played my first serious games with the NG98 SP - 28 lbs

First impressions are good. Nice feel for the shot. Nice sound to the smashes (but it could have been the hall I was playing in...!) (or is it the 0.66mm gauge?). Can spin the shuttle which is great!

The only other string on my to try list is the BG80 power which is so recommended by forum members. After that, I'll settle on final choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheung-

are you using the sp version of the string? And which colour are you using? the silver or the gold one?

I quite like the feel of the 98. So I will most likely stick to it for my regular 2 rackets. And for my not so regular rackets, I will have 95 on them instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the NBG 98 this afternoon - unknowingly at first - and was very very impressed with its performance. I was testing-out my friend's old Carbonex 9 which he had recently got re-strung. It was only after I handed his Cab back that I realised it was strung with 98, and not the BG65ti which I had originally assumed. Repulsion was good, but the feeling was awesome. It was 'only' strung at 23lbs, 2 lbs short of my ideal tension, but it still felt very nice. I did, however, notice a bit of vibration when I was performing 'big' shots, but I think that might be down to the antiquated nature of the racket rather than the string itself.

Would I be prepared to switch strings? No, but only because I feel its durability may let it down. My current go-to string is the BG65ti. Where I'm from, The 65ti is pretty much the standard. It's generally a very good string. I like it, but I use it mostly because of its durability properties. As I don't string my own rackets, durability is my main priority. Strangely, Yonex rate the Nanogy 98 7/10 it terms of durability, equal to the BG65ti and 1 more than the BG80. I find this hard to believe considering the 98 measures at 0.66mm. HOWEVER, if I were to string my own rackets - and I hope to soon - then I would definetely consider switching to the 98. Stingers World uk sell the 98 in 10m sets for 4.54, which I think is very reasonable for such a good string.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    cheung-

are you using the sp version of the string? And which colour are you using? the silver or the gold one?

I quite like the feel of the 98. So I will most likely stick to it for my regular 2 rackets. And for my not so regular rackets, I will have 95 on them instead.
    I have the SP version. The natural colour. I played a number of games today. It's a bit difficult to do the soft midcourt pushes - this might be because the shuttles were slower than normal. I was playing a few days ago and got a very nice feel of shuttle on the strings. I'm quite happy with the spin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between the BG-80 and Nanogy 98, which string is the more durable? I really like the 98 but am 'put-off' by its ultra-thin guage. I am currently playing with the BG65ti at 25lbs but it is starting to kill my bicep. Maybe a softer feeling string is the answer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only way to really tell is just to string your favourite racket and see how long it will last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only way to really tell is just to string your favourite racket and see how long it will last.
    Good advice. However, I think I would also benefit by lowering my tension. 25lbs is simply too high for me. Perhaps 24, 23 or even 22lbs.

On another note. Does anyone know what string Christinna Pedersen (Den) is using on her Nanospeed 9900? Judging from the 'gold-ish' colour, it looks like she is using either the NBG 95 or 98.
    Last edited by allyjack110; 11-19-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't suggest going too low. Mainly because your 65ti is hard feeling and the 98 is medium feeling.

Maybe give 24lbs ago first?

I usually have my rackets strung at 23/24lbs. I tried 28lbs tension once, it felt way too hard for me even though I did like the sound it made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't suggest going too low. Mainly because your 65ti is hard feeling and the 98 is medium feeling.

Maybe give 24lbs ago first?

I usually have my rackets strung at 23/24lbs. I tried 28lbs tension once, it felt way too hard for me even though I did like the sound it made.
    @ ssgg007,

Thanks Dude,

Your right, the 65ti is definetely a 'hard' feeling string. Do you think switching to a softer string like the NBG 98/95 would help? I think I might also go back and try 24lbs like you suggest. The pain in my right bicep only really started when I switched to my new rackets. I have three Ashaway Viper XT-900s all strung with 65ti at 25lbs. I've owned dozens of rackets and these things are the stiffest I have ever played with or/and owned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess using softer feeling or lower tension would help if it is arm related.

What racket did you use to play with before?

This is because I just looked up the ashaway specs and it is a Med/Stiff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess using softer feeling or lower tension would help if it is arm related.

What racket did you use to play with before?

This is because I just looked up the ashaway specs and it is a Med/Stiff
    I was previously using the Victor Artery-Tec Power 101 (x2) before I switched to my current rackets. You are absolutely right though. Ashaway (Goode Sport) rate the XT900s as medium-stiff. Trust me, they are not. They are definetely stiff. The XT900 is essentially the same racket as the Forza Kevlar n-Power 200. Forza give it a 'stiff' rating. I previously owned 2 Arc 10s, 2 AT-700s and a NS9000x, and all three felt [considerably] less stiff than my current set-up. Next time I break a string I'll request a softer string such as Microlegend.
    Last edited by allyjack110; 11-22-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still using the nanogy 98. Yes. I conclude it is a nice string (SP version)

Still a bit nervous about using a thin gauge string and breakages...hangover days from using BG66 and BG85.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast