User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton string for hold tension

Hi guys I am looking for a string that hold tension well and durable for player like me who play everyday, the tension loss is making me play worst because I loss my consistency as the tension drop so I play bad. Is there any string that can hold tension for a long period of time despite playing everyday? any suggestion of what string is good thanks you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john1994 View Post
    Hi guys I am looking for a string that hold tension well and durable for player like me who play everyday, the tension loss is making me play worst because I loss my consistency as the tension drop so I play bad. Is there any string that can hold tension for a long period of time despite playing everyday? any suggestion of what string is good thanks you.
    Yonex BG70Pro has the best tension-holding I have seen (but, in my opinion, it is not good at anything else).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALright thanks I will try what about bg 65 ti? any titanium string?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALright thanks I will try what about bg 65 ti? any titanium string?
    The 65Ti is one of the worst for holding tension!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG80

10 characters

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm atm impressed about BG80 Power. IMO a good string. Even at high tension around 30lbs it hold tension very well and don't drop to much.
    Honestly every string drop tension over a long period. Try to pre-strech strings. Try to string 1-2 lbs higher.
    To blame the tension loss for your performance is a bit weak. Well, you can lose a bit control but a total game changing effect is rubbish. You don't wanna tell us that your clear lands always on the backline and now it's everytime out. Or your drop-shot was always sharp and now it's too deep in the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The zymax-range of ashaway is great at tension holding. If you also want good durability, I would recommend Zymax 70.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    I'm atm impressed about BG80 Power. IMO a good string. Even at high tension around 30lbs it hold tension very well and don't drop to much.
    Honestly every string drop tension over a long period. Try to pre-strech strings. Try to string 1-2 lbs higher.
    To blame the tension loss for your performance is a bit weak. Well, you can lose a bit control but a total game changing effect is rubbish. You don't wanna tell us that your clear lands always on the backline and now it's everytime out. Or your drop-shot was always sharp and now it's too deep in the court.
    well i play everyday and the tension like 1 weeks drop by 2 lb, which make a lot different 2 lb

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i play everyday and the tension like 1 weeks drop by 2 lb, which make a lot different 2 lb
    Tension loss is inevitable. Some strings are better than others for holding tension. Some stringers are better than others too.

I like Yonex BG80 and Ashaway Zymax 62. Both of these are good strings that seem to hold tension quite well.

Nevertheless, you are still going to have at least 1 lbs tension drop within a short period. To mitigate this, you can string a bit tighter, or restring more often, or both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that why I looking for hold tension string so it last longer because I am not that rich to restring all the time since I am a student.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that why I looking for hold tension string so it last longer because I am not that rich to restring all the time since I am a student.
    You might be advised to go 1-2 lb over your desired tension so that the string spends longer at the desired tension.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Gollum @Mark A
    If you like ZM62 and BG80, there will be a new ZM66XP string from Zymax (Control and Power versions) coming out sometime next year.

I've been fortunate to be play testing it for the past 2 wks and it seems to have quite a good hard feel almost but not as hard as BG80. And great repulsion and control much like the ZM62, my go to string. And supposedly better durability too as it's 0.66mm. Tension retention so far has been excellent after 2 wks of games... better than ZM62.

Dinkalot started a thread on it in the string section.
    Last edited by visor; 10-31-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @Gollum @Mark A
    If you like ZM62 and BG80, there will be a new ZM66XP string from Zymax (Control and Power versions) coming out sometime next year.

I've been fortunate to be play testing it for the past 2 wks and it seems to have quite a good hard feel almost but not as hard as BG80. And great repulsion and control much like the ZM62, my go to string. And supposedly better durability too as it's 0.66mm. Tension retention so far has been excellent after 2 wks of games... better than ZM62.

I throw my toys out of the pram a bit if I don't see a sample.

There was a very significant jump in quality between the last two prototypes I tried, though, so the last one must have been very close to what's ended up in production...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @Gollum @Mark A

I agree with Visor, tension holding for the 66XP was pretty good. It's very stable so far after weeks of stringing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting to get my hands on it. My zymax 62 reel is just running out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    My zymax 62 reel is just running out.
    Isn't Z62 always running out?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Isn't Z62 always running out?
    Ha! Yes, but in my case not because of breakage. I think I've only broken two or three strings in the past year.

They probably would break if I left them for more than a week though.