User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Missed this. Got then from Luxis though last restring, none left in stock. Had to go back to regular SP version
    You should try to get BG66 LTD (All England packaging) from Luxis. This seems like a JP BG66 and the quality and durability exceeds the usual BG66.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently using a Apacs Lethal 70 strung with these strings at 26lbs and loving it, only complaint is it has far less feel than the BG 66 Maxima I have on my other racket, but its something I can definitely adjust too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wats the current price for this string in Malaysia? some shop quote me RM47 for SP version which i found expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeo_melaka View Post
    Wats the current price for this string in Malaysia? some shop quote me RM47 for SP version which i found expensive.
    So far i have come to know Times Sport at PJ Taman Megah, charge RM35 for Nanogy 98, not sure what is the price for other shops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss posted this I had NG95 on my Apacs L70

Just got a VTZF with NG98 bloody amazing strings, a little expensive but bloody amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've playing ng 98 for the whole year, freshly string is awsome, after a week, string start to move, lose tesion but bearable to 3rd week, then became dull like dead fish, only last me 4 week max for playability, either it's broke on itself or i have to cut,
    I just order reels N98 and Utimax66 from Stringers World, very fast shipping, shipped within 2 days since order, and in a week to arrived to my door, small town 2hr away from T. ON. may be I got away with custom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A relative old thread and old string, just thought of sharing my 2 cents.

Strung NG98 twice on NR 700 FX.

1st time, the string is either SP or CH (from reel of strings) strung with crank stringing machine. I told the stringer to do it @ 27lbs but i can't tell whether it was strung at the tension i want without the digital scale. He strung it in a hurry - long story, it was a two knots tie. First impression is a big smell from the string which i'm assuming is the nano coating. On court, it gave me some BG66 character - repulsion. Control wise is only so so which imo is as a result of -> The annoying part as most have experienced is the slipperiness. With the loss of tension after several weeks, I have to adjust the string back to it's position after few shots every time! Durability wise, imo just slightly better than BG66, i was expecting it to last longer with the coating. Hitting sound is not to my expectation as a thin gauge.

2nd time, i bought JP version and got it strung by other stringer with digital string machine @ 26x27 lbs, 4 knots. Again, the same smell but not as "smelly" than the 1st one. Either it was the stringer or it was JP version, i felt differently when i play. Accuracy improved, hitting sound is better (though i still prefer BG66 sound) and smashes seem be have more power! The string moves a little bit even with a slice. After one or two play the smell is virtually gone to a very low level. I don't know if this is the so called break-in period, it is a very good string to play! Hopefully in terms of the durability, it will last longer than my previous experience.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the silver gray color NBG98 is very very close to white. my supplier never used to get them but recently they got some in stock. i still like the cosmic gold color as it is what i associate NBG98 with.

NBG98 is the 2nd most popular string among my customers, behind BG80. i'd say 1/2 of my customers string BG80, 1/4 strings NBG98, though the number of NBG98 customer is growing and i keep finding myself adding more NBG98 every time i order new strings.

i wish pink NBG98 is more widely available.
    Kwun, as of April 2013, are those statistics of yours still accurate? I'm somewhat surprised not to see BG85 on your list!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivai Zhukov View Post
    Just try it (NBG 98 JP) with VT80 @28 lbs.

Repulsion is between BG 66 and BG 66 Ultimax, easy to generate power especially smash and drive.
    But it is more slippery than BG 66 even already soft BG 66 Ultimax = worse control.
    Really a promising string despite the slippery thing. . . .
    I don't understand what you mean by slippery. Can you please explain?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more difficult to do slice shots. there's a feeling that the shuttle is slipping over the string bed.

also noticeable when doing tumbling net shots. more difficult to make the shuttle "tumble"

moreover, the stringbed is quite slippery when felt by hand.... you'll get a feeling like it's covered by oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by slippery. Can you please explain?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as of now, have Yonex release the NBG98 in white?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been using NBG-98 almost exclusively for the past two years - I like it immensely. I did try the NBG-99 when it first came out, but felt that I lost a bit of control. I use the cosmic gold version from the 200m rolls - on my second roll at present which should last a few more months.

I have no problems with tension loss - if anything, it loses less tension that other strings I have tried. It does not appear to be slippery - I can tumble net shots on demand, although my main nets are cross court ones. Defensive shots are good - blocks to the net are consistent, and after a month still has good feeling and sound.

Even when strung from new, the strings will move - slice shots move the main strings, overhead smashes tend to move the cross strings - this is normal, and even when the strings are fraying - such as in the sweet spot, it can take weeks before I break the string.

String life for me is about 2 months if I use that racquet exclusively - which I find to be excellent. I generally play 5 times a week on average, clocking up about 13 hours a week on average, which works out about 100 hours per stringing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any comment about how the NBG98 fares with plastic birdies?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Any comment about how the NBG98 fares with plastic birdies?
    No opinions?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Sgt_Strider ... It should do fine, just string it 2 lbs lower than for feathers to reduce impact shock of plastic birds. However, I think zm65 would be more durable and last longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought myself a new Apacs Lethal 12 with NGB98 strung at 26x28.

smash very sharp and loud. Louder than Bg66U and Bg85.
    The only draw back is hard to play clear.
    maybe should reduce 1-2 lbs next round.

even with 26x28, the string will move around.
    bg80p and bg85 very steady and still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ngb98, 95 and 80p, only cost you rm29-30 in puchong.
    include stringer fees.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast